Cloning and dead bodies!

Discussion in 'Mechanics' started by Kregoth, Feb 27, 2012.

1. sd151024

sd151024 Master Chief

:iswydt:Coooooooooo...ool

2. MEWMEW

MEWMEW Existential Complex

Yea, it is relevant, but, everyone has saw it, Tiy tweeted it ages ago

3. Vesuvia

Vesuvia Void-Bound Voyager

Or, y'know, eat them and all you come back to is giblets and gore.

4. BrutorDragon

BrutorDragon Tiy's Beard

I COMMAND YE, THAT OF WHICH HAS BEEN BURIED AND DECEASED!
    RISE!
    BONES AND ROTTEN FLESH! BOUND BY MORTAL SOUL!
    RISE!
    DO MY BIDDING AND DESTROY THE UNIVERSE SO THAT I MAY RULE!
    MUAHAHAHAHHAA!
    *cough*
    Sorry :badpokerface:

5. Juxtor

Juxtor Phantasmal Quasar

I think I would like it if all dead bodies (yours, NPCs, enemy mobs) would fall dead and remain there and begin to decay. Similarly to how vines grow over time, or plants grow etc, dead bodies would decay until a skeleton remained. Or metallic creatures would rust but their bodies would stay either permanently or for a long long time after which they could turn to dust. This would look cool for the procedurally created mobs because their skeletons would be based on the randomly selected body parts. Also this would allow your items to remain on your corpse until you retrieved them. Corpses could be lootable to obtain items (like those stored in a chest) so only items that logically would be dropped would actually fall around the corpse (ie a gun held by an enemy would drop as it died because it was being held but other items could be looted as if the corpse was a chest/container) If a creature lays there long enough, it would become skeletal and the lootable items might change. An animal's skin could be taken after killing it, but once it is skeletal, that would no longer be the case. Perhaps bones could be recovered at this point. Possibly once all items have been removed, the creature could disappear, but I would actually prefer they stay until they crumble to dust or were purposefully removed by a player (or devoured by another beast?) As seen in live streams, the mobs are currently blowing to pieces upon death but I think this is temporary (unless killed with big explosives or such). In this case, the corpse would not remain obviously which would give you reason to hesitate before blowing things to bits. No loot for you!

This would greatly add to the immersive nature of the game and add some cool opportunities to gather unique items from the random mobs etc. Plus it would make much more sense after you kill a NPC enemy wearing armor etc to be able to loot the body and take the items they were carrying, rather than stuff popping out and falling to the ground in icon form.

Starbound rocks. :rock:

xboy777 likes this.
  6. wallespider56

wallespider56 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I feel the need for a multi-limbed minion coming on!:devil:(MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA).
    Example: *comes out of chamber* ahh time to go get my corpse. *takes corpse to special machine with vats that have limbs of other creatures and a main brain*
    Now time to get me a minion. *flicks lever* Now to start programming it. *fiddles with keyboard* Minion: how may i serve you. Me: go get my sandwich from the highly unstable and dangerous creatures and chemicals room. Minion: yes master. 5 minutes later. Minion: here you go.(his face is torn off at the door) Me: thanks i was starving.:proper: