1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Client-server connection no longer valid

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by princeofice, Dec 4, 2013.

1. princeofice

princeofice Void-Bound Voyager

When trying to play my singleplayer character I get the error in the title. No clue what to do about it. I've reinstalled, restarted, no clue what to do.

2. Fayah

Fayah Space Hobo

Yes, I got the exact same issue. I set up a server to play with a friend earlier and now I want to play some single player I made a new character but everytime I try the single player it kicks me out with the exact same message.
    I was wondering if it might be the fact that I password protected the server earlier and that the single player client uses the same configuration file. Im going to try a few ideas and if I find something I will report back.

EDIT:
    Well that did the trick. I copied my starbound config file and removed the password parameter I looked up earlier. Now it works fine.

3. Saintango

Saintango Space Hobo

getting this reply as well. Works for a while, but then stops. I lose what I gain in between disconnects!