Clan Infinity: Legend of the Spiked Kebab, and its search for Cheerios

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Clan Infinity, Jul 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Freddy

Freddy Pangalactic Porcupine

As Vortex said, region locking is a thing and it applies to more than just Russia.
    Games bought digitally in some regions actually are region locked.
    If you manage to buy a Russian game you will not be able redeem it outside of that region.

Australia always seems to have a massive "foreign tax" slapped on everything.

Pancakes, Luna, Saal and 2 others like this.
  2. Mailboxhead

Mailboxhead Master Astronaut

3. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

I should get back on your server soon... Right... I need to remake my armor... This could take awhile.

Pancakes and donleong94 like this.
  4. Mailboxhead

Server actually goes off on the 25'th unless we wanna pay the invoice again.
    Issue is, GG Servers has continually caused us issues, and Brite half suspects they're saving the good server hardware for the premium servers, leaving us with DDR1 RAM or something.

Basically we either want to get a new server host (thinking of Creeperhost), or store the worldfile and leave it offline for now since almost nobody's been playing on it.

5. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

The reason I've been offline is too much X-com. But I could see them doing that sort of thing...
    Any way to save the world file, and give it to the new host? If not I'd be willing to play on a new server. I think. So long as I steal all the diamonds that you guys store in non-sealed chests.

But it might be worth it to update to a 1.7 modpack too, I think there are some nice looking ones out right now it seems.

Pancakes, Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  6. Mailboxhead

That was the plan, to download the world file and move it or save it for later.
    I've also heard that they're working on the Yogcast Complete 3.0 version, which would be for MC 1.7, but I have no clue when that comes out.

Our other option is to find a good public server. My brother plays on a pretty decent Direwolf20 server (MC 1.6.4 again). It's got fewer mods, but that's not so bad since we wouldn't use half the Yogpack mods anyway, and it'd be more playable for lower end machines.

7. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yeah, but then where would I get my diamonds? (By the way, don't look at your diamond count... You won't notice a dent as I'm only using it by the dozen, not thousand...)
    Mind if I look a bit for a good modpack with what we want real quick?

(What do we want? Blood magic, AE2, Botania, Tinkers, TC, all that I know. Anything else?)

Pancakes, Freddy and donleong94 like this.
  8. Mailboxhead

Honestly it all depends. Most people are happy as long as they have some kind of industrial mod like Buildcraft + IC2/Mekanism.
    Direwolf 20 still feels like it has a good selection of different mods. Squidgi, Brite and I played it before and we liked it a lot.

9. Guppy The Cat

Guppy The Cat Heliosphere

The 25th? B-but that's when homestuck updates

10. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Yeah, I like that pack. I'm now just wondering. It up to 1.7 yet?

As I'm thinking about it, I really want to start a 1.7 world soon. I have no clue how to use half the mods in there, as they're so changed.

11. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

I mean, physical copies of the games usually ARE region-locked, for example to redeem on Steam. That's right.
    But after redeeming the key on Steam, you can play it anywhere... no?

12. Fluffy Arsonist

Fluffy Arsonist Cosmic Narwhal

if it's on your account, yes. but if you buy it, and put it in your inventory, you can't trade it to people from another region.

13. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

As I watch what I just made happen, I love botania more and more. And laputa shards.

14. Curtis6566

Curtis6566 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm getting it, though it'll be a bit till I play cause of school and other necessities. I may not immediately play multiplayer though, as I usually like to try single-player first (though I'd probably be up for a game this weekend).

Pancakes, Jimlad 42 and donleong94 like this.
  15. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Good to know.
    Still, I buy games so rarely that they land instantly in my library. :rofl:

16. Mailboxhead

I actually have no clue what mods are available for 1.7 :wut:

17. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Botania's one of my favorate added ones. AE 2 is AE updated to be a lot different. (Super soaryn drives are things...) Thaumcraft's different in an awesome way. Nodes are cooler. Ars Magica's changed in some way, I've not checked it out.

As I was checking mod packs out, the crack pack might be nice. Lot of mods, a few mods that, as I was playing the current pack, I went "This would be perfect! What was it called? Right, it's in a mod we don't have." How there was a mod that I knew and it wasn't in that pack, I have no clue.

18. Mailboxhead

Crackpack's on the AT Launcher right? I'll give it a look.

19. Jimlad 42

Jimlad 42 Supernova

Correct! It's not bad looking.

20. Mailboxhead

OMG
    ITS GOT
    TITLE MUSIC
    OHHHHH MYGOD

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.