1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Character Customization!! Choice of race?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Camz, May 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Hi folks, was just wondering when they release starbound what the create character options will be like at the start menu. Like terraria u get to choose - hair,eyes,shirt,undershirt,pants,etc.. So my idea would be the same choices as terraria but one extra option for you to play around with and that's the choice of what race you wanna be:- for example you could be a funny looking alien with a punk haircut or the robot race with a elvis style haircut

These are just a few idea's but would love to here what race's u can imagine up? Thanks

CAMZ

2. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Sorry for my poor grammar I did this thread on my cell phone, lol

3. Spike

Spike Supernova

While no solid information regarding character customization had been released as of yet, you can be almost certain that would be the case. You would most likely to have 1 single customization window where you can select your race as well as your bodily features all at once.

4. Camz

Camz Existential Complex

Yeah that's what I meant one cuztomization screen but with the extra choice for race at the bottom of list

5. hackmaster521

hackmaster521 Void-Bound Voyager

A ripoff of Vulcan's named Spuko's as a joke?

6. Potato

Potato Space Spelunker

My Choice of race is Potato.
    Actually my choice is human.

7. Force2Reckon

Force2Reckon Phantasmal Quasar

Seems like this is more of a suggestion not JUST general chatting (although it is that as well) there are many suggestion topics on character creation, if you wanna go check those out and post your ideas there. However since it's here.

I will consume your flesh and turn you into french fries.

Zoraculus likes this.
  8. Aldacre

Aldacre Void-Bound Voyager

I, personally, am hoping that, via mods or updates or even release, I will be able to sprite my own race and then choose it later. I also hope it can modify attributes. :)

And weren't races confirmed recently anyways?

9. Spike

Spike Supernova

There will always be modders that can do that; there always will.

10. Keirndmo

Keirndmo Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The moment I see anything resembling a dwarf that will be my race.

11. Something with horns, something with horns, something with horns!

Maybe cat ears too

Data likes this.
  12. Serp

Serp Zeromus

Lizard men ftw!

13. Spike

Spike Supernova

Oh no way! That's exactly what I've wanted!

14. The Enderman

The Enderman Phantasmal Quasar

All of the standard races (dwarves, elves, etc.) don't really interest me, unless they come up with some new race nobody else has, i'll be human.

15. Data

Data Void-Bound Voyager

I've always been a fan of small, cute races. I'm not sure why... it started with Moogles and Tarutaru from the Final Fantasy series I guess, but not gnomes and dwarves so much. Maybe it's because I like being a small creature that's a powerhouse, I find that hilarious. But I feel it's safe to assume those type of little buggers won't be around, so Human or something similar in concept- nothing too outrageous. As long as the skin is somewhat customizable, hell I'm game to try just about anything.

16. Spike

Spike Supernova

So what are your thoughts on an insect race? They are small and cuddly.

[​IMG]

blind sniper likes this.
  17. The Red N

The Red N Astral Cartographer

I agree, there should be original races.

18. Spike

Spike Supernova

All I could think about when I heard the term "original races" was parodies of movie characters that haven't been made into video game characters.

19. Potato

Potato Space Spelunker

NO, DON'T! There are other potatoes in Potatopia!

20. Spike

Spike Supernova

And just for the record, I didn't want to be a potato; I did it just so I could claim to have killed an aperture over mind while being a potato.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.