1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Changes coming tonight

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Dec 5, 2013.

1. Therevan789

Therevan789 Big Damn Hero

I had 4K pixels, so i really wanted to survive. So i climbed my way up
    Anyway, i have like 10 stacks of dirt :p

ForceInfinity likes this.
  2. mookie

mookie Lucky Number 13

No need to teleport to ship from underground. Just hit the ESC button, then select "Save and Quit"....then fire the game back up, and you will be back in your ship without having to climb all the way back out (and will have all of your pixels and stuff you acquired during your mining).

Therevan789 likes this.
  3. mookie

mookie Lucky Number 13

As I said to Therevan789, same thing: You don't need to teleport to ship from underground. You just hit the ESC button, then select "Save and Quit"....then you can just simply fire the game back up, and you will be back in your ship without having to climb all the way back out (and will have all of your pixels and stuff you acquired during your mining).

4. Kashou

Kashou Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah that just makes the restriction even more pointless. At least I could port to my friends ships before this patch but now I'll have to rejoin the party every time.

5. TheKillerNacho

TheKillerNacho Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You can always "save and quit" then join again... it will teleport you to your ship, lol.

6. SeventhProtocol

SeventhProtocol Lucky Number 13

Does anyone know if this has been implemented yet? Also, is there any information regarding the optimization/frame rate issues many people are having? Thanks in advance for any info.

Jayfeather and ForceInfinity like this.
  7. Wintermaulz

Wintermaulz Pangalactic Porcupine

Climable ropes

Hnnnnnnnnngggg

8. coldReactive

coldReactive Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There's a workaround for NVIDIA users to turn off multicore rendering. I don't have any problems though on my AMD Radeon HD 7950 yet.

SeventhProtocol likes this.
  9. ForceInfinity

ForceInfinity Hey, You!

Um... ALOT of people actually...

10. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

TBH until your character is saved where you log out, it doesn't matter where you can warp. You can always just log off from anywhere and it'll take you to your ship.

By the way, where is this patch? I don't even think you can patch a Steam game this late.. or did Steam change their updating rules?

11. cyberspyXD

cyberspyXD Tiy's Beard

Steam lets devs patch anytime. You might be thinking of store update times.

12. bumsonfire

bumsonfire Space Hobo

Great to hear you dev's are working hard on this game, hopefully its worked on hardly and updated a lot to make it even better then what it is! keep on keeping on!

13. AcetheGolden

AcetheGolden Subatomic Cosmonaut

Re-bindable controls would be amazing.

14. Galactic Avatar

Galactic Avatar Cosmic Narwhal

OK, it is now 2 am here, could someone please tell me if they know if the update is coming out "tonight" as in before "the morning" or if Tie is on European time?

Because if not Ill just go to sleep.

15. iPrincey

iPrincey Space Penguin Leader

Update is out, downloading right now.

16. Cristiano

Cristiano Intergalactic Tourist

Just got the update on Steam around 2:45 AM ET, so just under the wire for "tonight" :)

17. Air tree

Air tree Industrial Terraformer

Yay it's downloading!

And it's 571Mb also :O

18. Kashou

Kashou Subatomic Cosmonaut

I honestly doubt it, and if they make the game save your position when you save and quit, mining will become the most tedious thing in the entire game. I don't see the point in making it a pain in the ass like that. Might be sort of acceptable if you end up being able to make "elevators" like with ropes in terraria.

EDIT: Actually you can still kill yourself to get the same effect, you can make pixels from ore anyway so who cares if you lose 20%. I have like 20k pixels only in iron ore. Phew.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
  19. NiSiSuiinegEht

NiSiSuiinegEht Void-Bound Voyager

Actually, higher quality beds heal faster. I found a Sacrificial Altar in an Avian temple on my first world, and it heals about 5 times faster than the wooden bed. I use it for non-combat healing, and bandages/stims for mid combat.

I am still hoping for a craftable teleportation pad to deploy for multiple transit points across the world. For all I know, there may already be a system like this in the higher tiered tech.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2013
    burnzy503 likes this.
  20. burnzy503

burnzy503 Void-Bound Voyager

I actually did not know that! Now I'll have to make sure to keep my eye out for better looking beds :D I also agree with you, I use a bed outside of combat and bandages/stims in combat.
    Stim packs became my best friend especially when venturing onto the harder worlds.