Changelog for v. Furious Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 26, 2014.

1. NezRe

NezRe Tentacle Wrangler

Play the game in 6 months when it's finished, it's early beta. The are building the foundation of the world, and there are other priorities for the team, I don't see why if you were disabled and your really wanted to play, you can use xpadder and rebind the keys. I'm sure somewhere on the net there is a 3rd party program you can try too.

Also, read this and go away... (for a few months) - http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/ <Beta 1 juuuust started Dec 4.

http://playstarbound.com/how-the-beta-is-going-to-work/

Last edited: Jan 26, 2014
    Tietzy likes this.
  2. FrozenSUSHI

FrozenSUSHI Aquatic Astronaut

I'm not trying to cover for anybody here, but the game is still in development. Sure we might prefer certain features to be implemented before more content is added. In the end this is the early BETA "Stage 1" of the game and the devs explicitly asked everyone only to join the fun iff. they accept that
    If by "Stage 3" the rebinding is still not done I might complain as well but at this point as a dev myself I can understand if they postpone certain features as long as they please.

3. Brule

Brule Orbital Explorer

yes, the last one for players and ships, there still a possibiliy of world reset, but your character and your ship should be fine

4. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Exactly, heh. It's still the first stage of beta, so I'm not too worried either, even though I'm not crazy about the WASD controls myself. ^^

5. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

The fact is a lot of us just don't want this shit on our servers period and right now there's no way to turn it off. It attracts the wrong element, the worst type of people who play these sorts of games that is, and acts against people being social. I wish I knew jack squat about modding because the first thing I'd do is start working on a way to disable this nonsense. I really feel sorry for the people who run big servers, who not only have to worry about traditional griefing, but now this developer sanctioned griefing that's going to make everyone finicky about being on an X sector planet with anyone they don't absolutely know.

Also, I'm having enough trouble convincing my friends this game is worth playing over other things, I really don't need this crap ruining their impression of the game. I spent all this time talking about how Tiy and his crew are these great developers who really know what they're doing and how in the long haul it's a better time and money investment, and then they start pulling this sort of crap. Even if this is temporary, it's dumb. It looks really bad, because it is really bad, forced PvP is the worst thing you can do to any game that isn't designed SPECIFICALLY for the purpose of PvP.

Shadow Wolf TJC likes this.
  6. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

yea but the effect that forced pvp in sector x will have on your server is all effectively only in your head.

7. Not Legato

Not Legato Tentacle Wrangler

And on the starbound twitter they said it was high on the list of priorities, but they didn't QUITE make that to the patch.
    So, soon ^^

8. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

No, it isn't.

9. Blackchibisan

Blackchibisan Star Wrangler

10. Breather

Breather Oxygen Tank

I personally believe that Koala's simply cannot be furious and therefore refuse to accept this update exists. How dare you, Chucklefish.

Heartstrings and Thorin like this.
  11. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Yes, it is. and everyone else's head that thinks it'll make a noticeable difference (and not just the idea of it making a difference, which is even sillier)

12. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

Just because you willfully choose to be ignorant doesn't change reality.

13. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

You got it backwards. The unwarranted stigma associated with PvP (in Starbound) is the only thing that's making it seem worse than it is, which you're contributing to. Unplanned PvP in Sector X (or even in the entire game if that were the case) is virtually non-existent.

14. Dyguren

Dyguren Void-Bound Voyager

I thought ship expansions were a priority -.- ppl are crazy about it since the beggining of the game!! they better made that possible in the "lots of secrets" part they mentioned at the end of the list......

FelipeChoque likes this.
  15. Mouse Invictus

Mouse Invictus Void-Bound Voyager

UPDATE IS HERE :D

Thanks guys for taking the time to make this game awesome!

16. Guys i say we stop the infighting and band together to form an angry mob of Dissastisfied customers, our first target is BRAWW. After that, Whiplashr, because he looked at me funny and i have gone mad with power.

17. Captn

Captn Orbital Explorer

Yes! I've been waiting and waiting, but no longer! I can play, and finally get attached to my characters!

18. B|eak

B|eak Void-Bound Voyager

(Mac Player) Whenever I try to launch the game it crashes without opening, and I did disable the overlay so I don't know what to do.

19. ImSogo

ImSogo Void-Bound Voyager

Were they, or is it planned to add more levels/higher level metals so we can have more to work towards?

20. Dresden

Dresden Void-Bound Voyager

Still no Hylotl building stuff? Why are the devs so cruel? T_T