Changelog for v. Furious Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Nyarly

Nyarly Space Spelunker

[​IMG]

2. Kaleb_22

Kaleb_22 Void-Bound Voyager

please, give option health regeneration on/off/ This game really need regeneration/

3. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is not the biggest patch. The first Patches after releasing Beta where about 600 - 800 MB .. I know it, I download with 120 kb/s.

Use bandages for regeneration

DudeUA likes this.
  4. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

@Nyarly

Yeah, i looked it up, it's true :D

Nevertheless, they should have.

5. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Are you sure? Beds and bandages are good early game, and later you can use nanowrap, medkits, and stimpacks. Just hang on a jungle planet for a little; simply swinging your sword at low-lying vegetation garners you hundreds of bits of plant fibres.

6. Ceridran

Ceridran Big Damn Hero

This is a survival sandbox.

You do not put health regeneration in a survival sandbox.

Anything, infact.

7. Nyarly

Nyarly Space Spelunker

No, it offends history.

8. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

Yes, because filesize clearly determines how much work gets put into a patch.

They had to change a lot of engine stuff, most of this patch is "Behind the Curtains" type stuff to make sure that there won't be the need for player wipes in the future. (Which yes, did require a lot of effort.)

9. NomekSan

But our history doesn't apply in this universe. o_O

Let's call it ceremonical viking helmet, done and done.

@BRAWW I was just about to type the same :iswydt:

10. Nyarly

Nyarly Space Spelunker

I like horny ( ;) ) helmets just like any other guy but just call it a horned helmet. V:

11. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Great... what's changed in modding today? My mod that used to work in Angry Koala are now rendered as Perfectly Generic Items in the Furious Koala patch. :(

12. NomekSan

Allright! For the sake of the vikings. :viking:

13. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

yes, so there's no evidence to suggest that viking helmets had horns, but there's also only one known viking helmet in existence.

besides, It is accurate if they were taken from mythology. and we all know mythology was exaggerated fairy tales anyway, so there is your justification :) (something tells me you still won't be satisfied though ;))

14. KarrsGoVroom

KarrsGoVroom Astral Cartographer

For some reason after downloading the update on Steam, it crashes on start-up

Specs:
    Mac OSX 10.9 Mavericks
    2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7 Processor
    8GB RAM
    AMD Radeon 6750M 1024MB Graphics Card

I've never had a problem with crashes on Mac OSX 10.9 until downloading this update

FancyDancingWalrus likes this.
  15. Radkrals

Radkrals Poptop Tamer

I must find those secrets. :O

16. TheAmberChicken

TheAmberChicken Void-Bound Voyager

There was a character wipe correct?

17. rewjeo

rewjeo Big Damn Hero

Horned helmets were used, IIRC, in various northern pagan ceremonies. Then centuries later people decided for some opera to give vikings horned helmets, and the myth was born, even though there is no evidence the vikings (or anyone else to my knowledge) ever used horned helmets in combat. That's probably because being topheavy is not helpful when you're trying to kill and avoid being killed.

18. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I saw this in the Liquid Extractor mod's update page so I can't claim I figured it out...but in the "price" line of your items, make sure the price # isn't in quotations.

In other words...
    Code:
    "price" : "1000"
    should instead be...
    Code:
    "price" : 1000
    The same is true for "amount" things (for at least the "ColdProtection" field for status effects)...

EDIT: As I'm sure many other fields that I don't know of. ^^

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  19. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Luckily, what makes sense to be carried into a battle is thrown into the wind in Starbound :) All I'm saying is "no big deal"

20. Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Shark Head, anyone? ;)

Jbeetle likes this.