Changelog for v. Furious Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Kailen4

Kailen4 Void-Bound Voyager

2. NevaR

NevaR Void-Bound Voyager

Too bad one of the devs explicitly stated that it was complicated at least once (and no I'm not gonna search it, help yourself). Also he didn't imply it was difficult. The only thing he implied is that despite what you and the people like you are claiming, you have no clue if it is easy to implement in this particular game or not and that because of this you should stop claiming it. Hell, half of the people that do probably haven't written a single line of code in their enitre life.
    The missing keybinding is definitely an issue but it WILL get resolved and people shoul stop being such dicks about it, especially when they have no damn clue what they are talking about..

3. CackleEel

CackleEel Void-Bound Voyager

I really hope the devs don't take all of the "We're getting through the game too fast" complaints to heart. The game's early beta. I don't want them to screw up the game and make it more time-consuming to appease people who expect an incoplete beta to play like a whole game. That's what led to Don't Starve becoming an unplayable mess.

I'd much rather have to wait for this game to expand than to have to play what's already here in slow motion. When I see the quest system and the endless galaxy and the story, it boosts my patience. I can see potential. My hope is that they'll one day have a whole story you play through with procedurally placed parts and long-term goals. I'd like to believe when the game's complete I'm supervising simple AI teams building an NPC fleet to crush Big Ape with or something. I don't want what they've got now to take 80 hours to play through.

That said, I do sympathize with people who wish there was more to the game. My advice? If you want more game or more difficulty, spend time learning to mod it. The best medium to make an argument for what you want added to the game is an addition to the game.

Axe Garian and Titanium like this.
  4. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

Let's see... What's going on on the forums today?

[x] Complaints regarding keybinding
    [x] Complaints regarding meteors
    [x] Complaints regarding updates
    [x] Complaints about complainers
    [x] Complaints about CF Defense League (anti-complaint/complaint quelling squadron/Internet White Knight Defense Force)
    [ ] Constructive feedback for the development of the game

What are we gonna do after the next patch guys?

5. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

not the last thing

n-no

anything but that

6. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

Now I have to complain about the complaints about the complaints regarding those things.

You sir are complaining! :D

ClockworkMidnight and greenman like this.
  7. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No info about next updates in the last few days.. last update was disappointing except for the fact that there wont be any more wipes

8. BlochChris

BlochChris Intergalactic Tourist

Cool version! But is there some way to get the last version back?
    Because i found a cool mod, but its not updated yet...

9. Infraredhero

Infraredhero 2.7182818284590...

This isn't meant to be a complaint, but when I heard that there would be mechs and vehicles, I thought that they would be vehicles not abilities. I was imagining vehicles that the players could enter and exit freely. Vehicles should be able to be stored in a garage, don't you think? This would also make multiple person vehicles easier to design.

I imagined tech abilities being more like combat or survival skills. For instance: personal force fields, healing bubbles around the player, a shockwave to push enemies away from the player, a short duration invisibility cloak, a berserk tech...I think tech abilities have so much potential that way. Tech abilities would be the defining factor that would create many different play styles and would improve combat drastically.

Of course it would only work if there was a way to easily change what tech ability you have equipped. :)

Liktorn, NevaR and Mippy like this.
  10. Ttariel

Ttariel Big Damn Hero

I have no reason to complain and that makes me angry.

11. Silvador

Silvador Phantasmal Quasar

Can anyone tell me if the farming problem has been addressed in this last patch? I understand that the devs were looking to implement some kind of time-stamp feature on planets, or something, to allow them to grow when you're not there, is that right? But I've been away from my farm for a while and it doesn't appear to have grown any since I planted the seeds. :c

In all honesty, I'd rather not have to carry a farm around in my pocket (ship) all the time over having key remapping.

12. greenman

greenman Spaceman Spiff

You've got the right idea. Starbound has mechs and techs and they're totally different. You could build a garage for your mechs, and you (currently) can only have one tech available at a time. As far as mechs that carry multiple people and the types of techs you're describing, mods mods mods. Check these links:

Mechs

Techs

TechMechs

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
    Voidnaut likes this.
  13. Daniel345

Daniel345 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Which mod?
    And yes, this reply was supposed to be an answer to your question, but I don't think you can "de-update" Starbound.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2014
  14. Xelaoac

Xelaoac Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Could you guys incorporate a backup system for the characters? Such as if your computer crashes all the data in the game will be safe. I had that happen before and I lost all the data to my characters.
    Also maybe create a companion mode where you can have some NPC's follow you around.

15. Whirlwindjon

Whirlwindjon Void-Bound Voyager

Im sure backups are on the dev teams extensive todo list but until then why dont you goto the starbound/player folder and copy those files for safe keeping.
    There are pets in the game which i imagine follow you around but if you check the mods section there are plenty of fantastic npc related goodies to be had.

16. LilyV3

LilyV3 Master Astronaut

But the characters could be backuped within th steam cloud at all. For those not willing to just save the game characetr data on a disc, or stick.

17. Guldurs

Guldurs Space Spelunker

Something new in game content, anything?

18. epic starbounder

epic starbounder Aquatic Astronaut

make it so you can change the controls

19. Laomedon

Laomedon Orbital Explorer

Hey everyone ! I'm new to the forum and to the game. I spent around 25 hours on it so far. And i must say i love it :)

I'm not here to complain about meteors (i like the concept and i find it challenging !) so you got that for you.... wich is nice !

Here is my humble feedback :

So far the weapons i craft at the beginning of a new tier seem to be always stronger than the items i find, legendary included. So i crafted a durasteel mace after ulocking MK4 starmap and i could not find any weapon in delta sector that could compete ! I feel like the weapons we craft should allow us to explore and then find even better gear in the planets crust or on minibosses.

I also think we should be able to use more than one tech at a time at some point (mid to end game maybe?). I am alone thinking that way ? Given the infinite amount of planets we can visit, i think increasing mobility would make planets a bit less tideous to explore.

About drills and pickaxes : I find them a bit illogical (gold has always been a smooth ore ^^) i mean why cant i craft a badass metallic drill of heaven ? And also i dont really find them worth the investment. I like the concept of having really hard blocks, but maybe the diamond drill could hit a little harder to make mining, again, less tiedous.

(edit) il also think we should be able to craft more types of blocks : dungeon blocks, avian blocks and so on.

I saw someone mention ocean planets... So i wont push it here but it might please a lot of people !

Positive thoughts :

Starbound is a perfect example of the superiority of content and artistic direction over dumb graphic performance and polygon number. This game is not out yet and is already a hit... and its well deserved. Huge game, awesome artistic direction, awesome music, this melancholic feeling is really delighting. Keep up the good work !

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
    sunkilledme and Axe Garian like this.
  20. KazeSkyfox

KazeSkyfox Scruffy Nerf-Herder

so uh, I double-clicked the asset unpacker and nothing happened. What am I doing wrong? :V