Changelog for v. Furious Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 26, 2014.

1. JBGolden

JBGolden Void-Bound Voyager

Dude, what the hell is your deal. I actually agree with some of your points but kinda have to ignore your whole opinion considering you delved into a hurf blurf rant about what might be going into Tiy and companies heads.

Like do you seriously think they're sitting back with a tumbler of cognac and going 'MWAHAHAHA. Key rebinding has been done for weeks but the tears of Whiplashr soothes my soul. So let's hold off for a few more months!'

I want example of this arrogancy and/or hubris. Come on now.

LoStone, dwnemme, Dublicious and 6 others like this.
  2. oath2order

oath2order Parsec Taste Tester

Oh my god yes! I've just been messing around with the game, not particularly playing too seriously. Now I can :rofl:

Melanchoni and schala_zeal like this.
  3. iMaxXxiking

iMaxXxiking Yeah, You!

Birds still too stronk imo o_O

4. Warclaw

Warclaw Intergalactic Tourist

My game is crashing whenever I use a spear. I press to attack and the game crashes. Help!

5. Voqar

Voqar Industrial Terraformer

Development on this game was fast and furious for a while there with regular significant updates. Once the news of 1m sales came out things seemed to slow considerably.

This patch seems kind of lackluster to me. Lots of internal stuff, I guess. I could care less about modding or modding support - I want a game by the game's devs and designers and could care less about wannabes mutilating data files. Maybe there's more to it in "secret" stuff.

Hopefully the patching and developing gets back to a more happy medium of regularity (since the previous pace was a bit extreme in the other direction).

DudeUA likes this.
  6. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

You didn't answer my question!
    As in for the Furious Koala patch?:seriously:

7. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Yeah... I remember setting up my last base with a few friends in an Avian execution tower, and then it taking a few hours before we realized that trying to snipe the stupid [swear word] FIRE BREATHING CHICKENS OF DEATH was not a good idea. :rofl: Let's just say Starbound landscapes are far more terrifying when they are hurtling toward your face at a BILLION MILES AN HOUR...

Melanchoni likes this.
  8. Hello, I am an E-Thug and i too am angry about the patch! for starters, it became available outside my download period so now i have to wait til 2AM to download it. clearly the devs are trolling me (or perhaps Gang Stalking me) and we all need to band together to fight this evil menace!

9. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Nice patch but the most important things (at least for me) are not included. At least I have reason to play again. No more wipes :ssssssssss:

I wonder what took you more than 4 weeks to change these few things. There were bigger patches already. I mean when you told us this patch would be pretty huge and blabla it really sounded like 1 or 2 GB lol

DudeUA likes this.
  10. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

There's my answer! Get a previous version of the game if you are to study and edit their graphics for now. But I remember reading Tiy's post about doing an asset unpacker somewhere. The assets folder are all thrown onto one .pak file as of this time.

11. SodWhite

SodWhite Void-Bound Voyager

FPS worsened. Forced PvP for casuals. Now all the grind players can feel big and tall versus people just entering sector X for the first time.

DudeUA likes this.
  12. then dont play with casuals/grinders? this isnt a mmorpg you doof.

13. Mippy

Mippy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Universe is huge. Play on a server with 10 - 20 people and you will never see anyone if you don't share coordinates so it does not really matter since you only share coordinates with your party members. This change is absolutely useless lol

IanFian likes this.
  14. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

They changed the engine itself a lot and the "no more wipes" thing was also complicated. I believe this is the biggest patch so far, it's just not that obvious.

schala_zeal and Kokiris like this.
  15. Nyarly

Nyarly Space Spelunker

If it's a horned "viking helmet" then its not a viking helmet. Anyone got screenshots of it?

16. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

It's probably your stereotypical non-viking helmet viking helmet. Learn to imbrace the stereotype!

17. 2.4

2.4 Void-Bound Voyager

The new update is great and all, but the sew database system makes it so that when I put a song in the Songs folder it doesn't actually go into my songbook in-game.

18. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

Viking helmets don't have horns? I believed so, well they should have horns!

19. awesome515

awesome515 Lucky Number 13

Lmao youre funny:) keep it up!

Jbeetle likes this.
  20. BRAWW

BRAWW Vice-President of the Red Gang

If you put a .abc file under assets/user/songs it should work.