Changelog for v. Furious Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Jan 26, 2014.

1. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

Please take a look at the post of @doubtful . That is an appropriate way to address this.

I think they fixed it for a lot of configurations and sadly it got worse with your's. Post your configuration in the technical issues thread so that this can be fixed soon.
    I think that from now, patches will come more frequently since the wipe situation is gone.

2. TheFloranChef

TheFloranChef Giant Laser Beams

Found three hylotl bandits in my first planet. Sssssstab! :mad:

3. Pingvi

Pingvi Tentacle Wrangler

Hey, what is it? New race?
    [​IMG]

4. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

In the character creation screen, how am I suppose to know what's my undy color if I can't take off my pants?

Silvador, DudeUA, Solosmoke and 4 others like this.
  5. DigitizedSoul

DigitizedSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I don't think Whiplashr is suggesting that they don't know how to do it, or that he knows how to do it better than they do. The point is they are not prioratising key-mapping as an important feature at this point. Unless inputs are hard-coded in multiple places (which is poor practice, although too often done when development is under pressure) it shouldn't be very hard to support key binding. It may in in-fact already be coded, just that there is no interface (or config) to change them.
    I am sure it is just team starbound" trying to decide what features to devote their time to, and at the moment it is not key-binding.

Some players are unable to play the game without this key-binding though and so are being excluded from the beta because of what may be a minor change. I can understand why they may find it frustrating.

kayceethe166, Thorin, DudeUA and 3 others like this.
  6. yoolen

yoolen Void-Bound Voyager

I know what my girlfriend and I will be doing tonight. Playing this cuz we're huge nerds, lol.

7. DigitizedSoul

DigitizedSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It is annoying... although apparently for the time-being you can use one of the other races (I think Glitch) to select the colour as it affects a different attribute on them.

8. Trandali

Trandali Intergalactic Tourist

The new savanna planets are really cool :)

9. Pingvi

Pingvi Tentacle Wrangler

New race? NPC? 2014-01-26_00001.jpg

BlastRed, vanella and Runetracer like this.
  10. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

11. Pingvi

Pingvi Tentacle Wrangler

Well, I looked through them ... What are they called? Maybe they will add to the release as a new race =)? I'm seen mod them as a race.

12. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Maybe just random npcs, but that would be interesting

13. Kwayne

Kwayne Subatomic Cosmonaut

I really hope the stuttering in FK will be fixed soon.

14. Liam Wiski

Liam Wiski Aquatic Astronaut

FINALLY, A GOOD REASON TO KILL AVIAN GUARDS

schala_zeal and Cruxifer like this.
  15. Shadow Wolf TJC

Shadow Wolf TJC Spaceman Spiff

Seems like the assets folder was nuked during the last update. All the folders inside are now empty. How am I supposed to mod this game now?

16. NomekSan

NomekSan Void-Bound Voyager

There has actually been shown a screen of the interface for key binding. One of the dev's replied already in a thread, where he postet exactly the same stuff, that they are working on it and that it is not an easy thing to implement. Obviously there are some problems with that that need to be fixed. I would also think that this is really easy to implement but if it where that it would have been implemented by now, espacially because the interface is already done.

kayceethe166 likes this.
  17. Hatsya Souji

Hatsya Souji Parsec Taste Tester

Hmmm... we could still use the ARRR'ed/Pirated! ones just for asset peeping, still at least we've bought and helped the game to grow, methinks.

18. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Currently, they're just considered Floran with mushroom gear on.

19. Type1Ninja

Type1Ninja Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

I hope more modded stuff is added soon, particularly Fully Customizable Ships. I am a big fan of devs not only listening to the community, but watching what they actually do and learning from it. That is one of the things I don't feel Mojang does, which bugs me to no end.

DarkAngel! ^.^ and Solosmoke like this.
  20. fadohacolu

fadohacolu Scruffy Nerf-Herder

You took out the UFO at .5 FPS? Someone get this guy a good computer- he's earned it.