Changelog for v. Angry Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 23, 2013.

1. TheApothecanary

TheApothecanary Starship Captain

I'm more worried about he fun being completely ruined by this patch ^

2. Desfar

Desfar Poptop Tamer

Alright, thanks. That's good enough for me. I've never left my first planet yet so I didn't know.

3. Desfar

Desfar Poptop Tamer

Yes, you'd be stupid to do it. I just don't like video games having the possibility of your character / file being permanently screwed, even if it's the player's fault.

4. Doom_Rider

Doom_Rider Space Hobo

But "hydrophobic" means the material repels fluids..

NevaR, Koyomi and cpmartins like this.
  5. ZZZappy

ZZZappy Orbital Explorer

The answers in reply to this are not good, because this is a completely valid issue. It's possible in the game's current state to strand yourself and die. It needs to be fixed, and it's a good thing he brought it up.

Desfar likes this.
  6. TheApothecanary

Please remove invincibility after being it it completely screws up the combat.

Spartanz920, Spetse and Haliburton like this.
  7. gell

gell Tentacle Wrangler

This reply seems entirely off topic from what Trent was saying. You may be upset about difficulty changes, but you're actually hurting the game being fine with things that don't make sense doesn't make for a better game; it just makes you bitter and selfish. Don't get me wrong about challenge. I love a good challenge, but your reply seemed to just be a bitter reply that has no intent of making the game any better, but rather try to satisfy your desire for challenge by continuing to break the game. At least be constructive, and think with your head not your emotions. You'll provide better feedback if you aren't just raging about things, especially as a reply that vaguely triggered from someone else's sensible feedback.

As for Trent's post, I agree about the need for some of the creature and AI spawns to make more sense in the world they are on. Hopefully that's planned for the future. e.g. creatures that supposedly grew up in poison shouldn't take damage (much or at all) from poison water. You shouldn't find a random human wandering around lava only to see him walk into the lava and die and notice that he also has normal gear on.

loriley89, NevaR, Crosburn and 6 others like this.
  8. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

Fix for Stranded/Dying: being forced to live stranded until events occur just like Terraria's "A meteor has landed!", except replace "meteor" with "pirate transport" :) Then you bash pirate heads and they'll have some amount of fuel in their ship you can scavenge :> Or maybe some advanced usage for the distress beacon that's already available :p

9. eig114

eig114 Intergalactic Tourist

Nice update. Tons of bugs though. If you kill a group of monsters with one strike, some of them become invincible forever(God Tier Achieved, eh?). Music playing crashes the game. If you place a high tech chest it will have some new items inside generated (only tried with high tech chests, don't know about usual ones...).

Will be an awesome update if some kind of hotfix to be released.

10. Mermidion

Mermidion Industrial Terraformer

Well thats all nice and well,but i just startet a new character so that doesn't work since you cant get the Refinery until Tier 2 And you already need some Pixels for the upgrade chip and the Refinery itself.
    It took me a bit of time but i got enough together.still thing holiday spirit drop way to often or monster should drop more than on thing at a time.

11. Parasol

Parasol Void-Bound Voyager

Like lot of people said, playing any song, at all, crashes the game, fix this asap.

Also the memory leak issues and optimization issues in places like Ape towns or Prisons, those are the most important issues and yet you'd rather spend your time adding silly christmas stuff...

12. Tomas Almeida

Tomas Almeida Void-Bound Voyager

Yea, Listen to this person ^^

13. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

Gah, the song complaints :D Didn't know 72% of Starbound's enjoyment was recreating the Star Wars cantina scene ;) *hides to avoid flames* Also any time I complain about memory leaks I get told angrily to wait for phase 2 optimization :wut: I'd class these as more of a "game-breaking bug" :p

Nightwolf117 likes this.
  14. Looped

Looped Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG]
    I'm addicted to seeds now, thanks tiy :(

15. TheApothecanary

So having difficulty will break the game, i fail to see your point besides the fact that you obviously don't agree with me.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Anyway.
    What I was saying is that right now having large amounts of poison is fine since the other challenging aspects have been tweaked to a nearly broke state. (challenge needs to remain somehow)

What I think is that, they can remove the poison (or make it rarer) after they fix these mechanics, which in my opinion are more important , considering it was what made the game fun for some. And is a big part of this game that they worked for a long time on.

Removing invincibility after being hit should fix it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now for more feedback: to the idea about a pirate transport, that is a cool idea, if you could steal fuel from these.

16. Sire Nukerre

Sire Nukerre Big Damn Hero

Changes are nice so far; and other than the new bugs, good job! :up:

Alas, the Pokemon system needs refining. I suspect it might just be a temporary pet system because the pets don't fill up any pet slots.
    • It's a hassle to get your Pokemon to follow you and they stay on the planet when you beam back up to ship.
    • I don't know if this is fixed but the Capture Pods disappear on a miss, this happened way back in Frustrated Koala though.
    • The fact that they turn into filled Capture Pod after death is cool but they become an item that could easily be lost or stolen.
    • You can't manually return them either, other than by killing/murder/homicide/slaughter, which is rather cruel lol.

If any of these issues are no longer relevant, I apologize as there isn't enough details on these things.

17. Speedicus

Speedicus Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What equipment do you need to survive on moons and asteroid belts? I've tried all the space gear.. (and I mean all, I downloaded a mod to spawn it all in, but none of them worked D:<)

18. Desfar

Desfar Poptop Tamer

You need more trees. I can still see the sky.

Shadencile likes this.
  19. deing

deing Void-Bound Voyager

Planting trees! YES! <3

vanella likes this.
  20. iMaxXxiking

iMaxXxiking Yeah, You!

Yeee (still) gettin oneshot by birdies