Changelog for v. Angry Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Fox.inc

Fox.inc Space Spelunker

this is why i love this game.... I wish you all a Merry Christmas. And you guys earned it!

2. gioversa

gioversa Aquatic Astronaut

Warp to home saved me ! Thanks for this awesome game and this nice update =))

Soullesswaffle likes this.
  3. gioversa

gioversa Aquatic Astronaut

This is the desperate's solution :)

4. TheApothecanary

TheApothecanary Starship Captain

Well considering they overly nerfed EVERYTHING ELSE.
    I am fine with having some sort of challenge.
    Poison common should stay NOW as far as I am concerned because now the game is ridiculously easy and not challenging at ALL and no longer fun for anyone who actually enjoys challenge..

Because everybody who complained about balance never created any new characters and didn't actually see what they were doing to the difficulty, which is gone now.

Also make sure that when people complain about balance that they are actually using another character from the one from a different patch.
    REMOVE THE INVINCABLITY AFTER BEING HIT.

5. Cotroneo

Cotroneo Void-Bound Voyager

That would be POI then, silly.

6. Desfar

Desfar Poptop Tamer

And what about people who didn't have a home warp? Or set it to the planet they're at and can't survive on?

7. TheApothecanary

Create a new character , its beta.

8. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

Mushroom men spotted! Is that new? :)

9. Tek2974

Tek2974 Void-Bound Voyager

Where's my keybinds?

10. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

I think even if the main site and the area between every single forum post/thread post, there were gigantic seizure-inducing flashing banners that said "GAME IS IN DEVELOPMENT! CHARACTER AND/OR EVERYTHING YOU LOVE CAN AND WILL RANDOMLY DISAPPEAR!" you'd still get people every five seconds saying "WTH where my character?" and "Totally uncool guys, my base on my homeworld disappeared." and "I want a refund." and "Is this the last character wipe?" and "Really wish this wasn't necessary!" and "Where's my (insert feature name here)?" and "BUGS! CRAAASH!" and "Great, you introduced new bugs. Great.". :wut: Consider this post yet another one of those screaming flashing warnings. The game isn't at a point where you can reliably build an empire and plan on spending hundreds of hours stocking the same ship, or the same base.

Its for these reasons that I've never made a base (besides my "since day 1" lag problem, anyway!), basically all I do with Starbound for now is update and play for 3 minutes to see if my problems are lessened. Optimization phase is miles away, so I can't have plans :p I don't expect to at this point. Kudos to all of you that can play the game well enough to receive the illusion that its a solid masterpiece that's been refined multiple times, but regardless of how shiny it may seem, life is nothing but a dream! And by a dream I mean your saves are temporary, your items and your majestic structures are temporary, and will be for a long time..

Take screenshots! Even after you update and froth into a rage that your ship or character or homeworld is gone, you'll still have screenshots to keep you warm at night ;)

Besides the rant, good looking update :) Less content-addition standing between me and Phase 2 now! (Disgustingly, this is the only game I've ever wanted the "content addition" phase to end ASAP so boring optimization can begin :D Strange world :> )

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    jhnnybgood, Scampi, Charon and 9 others like this.
  11. Tomas Almeida

Tomas Almeida Void-Bound Voyager

Too bad that when you play an instrument it crashes your game :( But pretty good update though ^^

12. thekarma

thekarma Space Hobo

update crashes the game...

13. TheApothecanary

even though the difficulty is now nonexistant and combat feels completely off with the new patch.

14. Desfar

Desfar Poptop Tamer

Okay, let's try this again... how are they going to prevent people from flying to a planet they can't survive on with the last of their fuel and with no home planet set, or they set their home planet to the planet they can't survive on?

I don't care about having to restart a character in beta. I care about people running into this post beta.

15. Modoken

Modoken Hey, You!

Merry Christmas guys! I'm gonna go catch some sentient poop!

16. TheApothecanary

Well it only takes one fuel to planet hop to a different moon, so yea.

Honestly

Kitty Box likes this.
  17. MDK

MDK Aquatic Astronaut

Nice to see so many additions based on user mods. The amount of stuff added per patch is quite something.

18. maddaFreak

maddaFreak Tentacle Wrangler

RL awezum like all time ... but now ... enjoy christmas and happy and things like this ... arw ...

And for the Question of an guy above:
    You even don't go with your car into the middle of nowhere without enough fuel, do you?

best regards

madda

TheApothecanary likes this.
  19. Buttercream

Buttercream Void-Bound Voyager

There still seems to be a problem with the birds.

They are still flying.

If I, an avian, cannot fly.

THEN NONE SHALL FLY.

Thank you.

Scampi and aprhend1 like this.
  20. The Alien Way

The Alien Way Existential Complex

That's really the best part :) Even if the devs smoke a huge crack rock and drive this game off the rails and right into the side of a titanium cliff, they've paved the smooth way for modding, where each user can either hand-craft their personal experience, or download the most agreeable one made by other people :p Balance is tough business besides, and its kind of useless in my mind to balance a scale when you've only got 15% of the stuff that needs weighed loaded onto the scale :>

Like I said, at least you guys can play smoothly enough to have an opinion :p My Starbound runs like an elderly person at the bottom of a lake wearing leg-weights :> Though I am a fan of difficulty, or at the very least some good options for enhancing the brutality :> They should just work up a "Double Enemy HP" toggle option right now for the masochists :p