Changelog for v. Angry Koala

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by mollygos, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Faya Pendragon

Faya Pendragon Seal Broken

Yea a hotfix would be nice indeed!
    And a 80% reduction drop rate for seeds and spirits aswell please.
    And keyconfig!

2. Eden99

Eden99 Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound, you so spice. :3 Good patch, just in time for Christmas! Thanks, you wonderful hard-working devs!

3. Jamtoes

Jamtoes Big Damn Hero

no

4. JT`

JT` Phantasmal Quasar

I just did a Simon-style "Ohhhhhh!"

I'm not proud of it.

5. sweetcheeks

sweetcheeks Aquatic Astronaut

That's about the worst suggestion ever. How are you going to keep up with them releasing 4-10 client updates per month? Should they then consult the open source server team before making any client changes? Or were you just being an asshole?

jhnnybgood, NevaR, Crosburn and 5 others like this.
  6. Trent

Trent Big Damn Hero

The update looks great - especially the ability to beam to a home planet.

A couple issues I've noticed so far. Low Gravity worlds and Poison are far too common.

From what I can tell, the standard mid size planets are now lower gravity than before and the small planets even more so. Only the largest landable planets have standard gravity. Low gravity is a nice change and novelty but it feels too slow and is annoying being more common now than standard gravity.

Poison seems like something that should be special - found in rare biomes or underground yet I've found as much poison on the surface as clear water. This doesn't make any sense given there are normal, non poisonous, creatures and plants in the same area. Poison should be rare and the creatures and plants that spawn around it should be poison immune if not poisonous themselves. I saw a human merchant just hanging out in the middle of a bunch poison ponds.

*edit I'm also getting some crazy CPU spikes when there are more than a couple enemies on screen at once. I have a 2500k which has handled everything else just fine.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2013
    Scampi, NevaR, Kitty Box and 6 others like this.
  7. AdenSword

AdenSword Pangalactic Porcupine

Well I made a new toon and when I tried to load the world it had a problem loading some frumpy tree

and (at least for me) it is still so crashy that it is unplayable D:

8. Kernel32

Kernel32 Big Damn Hero

Find an asteroid field, but when I try to land on I die. Because there's no ground under the teleport location.
    -> maybe add an option in the futur to select a location on the planet to land safely !

9. Kalakili

Kalakili Void-Bound Voyager

What equipment do we need to be able to go survive on Moons and Asteroid fields without suffocating ? Do we need the Handy Space Helmet or what ?

10. Dynafols

Dynafols Black Hole Surfer

Time to make a new character, might go as a Glitch this time.

11. Starfinder

Starfinder Big Damn Hero

soooo glad to see they fixed the robo legs.

12. zothaq

zothaq Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm pretty sure they mean the poop monsters

13. Mermidion

Mermidion Industrial Terraformer

To many holiday spirit drops.needs more Pixel. or make it Possible for monsters to actually drop Two or more things at a time.

14. Sire Nukerre

Sire Nukerre Big Damn Hero

Can High Gravity on a planet be an option? Makes the planet more environmentally hazardous (++ fall damage, needs more blocks to scale a ledge).

Scampi, NevaR, Trent and 6 others like this.
  15. TheApothecanary

TheApothecanary Starship Captain

The difficulty of this game is gone.
    Which is horrible. (Birds already were nerfed, why you so nerf them again, and invincibility after being hit? That is lame.) YOU ACTUALLY HAVE TO TRY TO DIE NOW. what the heck.I see you ignore a good amount of your userbase.

The rest of things you added are awesome though.

16. Kernel32

Kernel32 Big Damn Hero

just refine some ore to make pixel :)

17. FulgurLupus

FulgurLupus Void-Bound Voyager

Awesomeness, can't wait to get my New Laptop so I can Play without Crashing every 20 minutes :D!

18. Walkingkiller

Walkingkiller Void-Bound Voyager

If you ever need Pixels, I suggest you either just refine a ton of ores, or you can kill monsters in the X sector, they drop like 100-300 pixels per kill most times.

19. SnakeAes

SnakeAes Poptop Tamer

Is it possible for this to be posted and stickied in the In-Game & Billing Support forum? Other major changelogs are there so I am wondering if it's possible for this to be as well.

20. TheApothecanary

TheApothecanary Starship Captain

create a new character.
    Ugh.