Modding Help CC new species not in button preview

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Xordaii, Dec 22, 2016.

1. Xordaii

Xordaii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I made this mod last night thinking it would ease me back into GUI and menus... and was all proud of myself because I got it up and running. Or so I thought. I hadn't tested it with enough species. After the 3rd custom species, the buttons on the menu don't show the character preview of their mod. The buttons work correctly, you can select the new species. The species mods are correctly installed, and you can create one of them with this.

My guess was it was either not showing at all, or covered by the button. I tried playing with z-levels to fix it. Nothing.

No errors, nothing in the log file, totally a rendering issue. Any ideas, please? I am stumped here. Will keep working on it myself, but would really appreciate being pointed in the right direction.

Edit: Removed config file since I have long since solved this.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
  2. Xordaii

Xordaii Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay only posting answer because it took me weeks to find the answer myself. The initial answer was I had duplicates in the array for the buttons.

The second problem it can be is the mod maker for a new species may have forgotten to rename the profile preview picture from another race or a template they were using.

I also encountered a third reason for duplicates, and it can be that you have two mods that are identical, but the the name of the mod for one got changed or some of the names of the first species were renamed but not all of the instances of it. Both show up with the same name.