Digital Carl Sagan quotes abound [Cyan's Art Thread]

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Cyan the Red, Dec 7, 2012.

1. who ever wondered what starbound would look like if it were a low-poly browser-based RPG????
    like, none of you, but here's my first attempt at 3D modelling/texturing/animating in Maya. jesus h. ;-; it's a Hylotl!
    [​IMG]

2. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

That's really impressive for a first try. Keep practising! The fins look so squiggly :3

3. haha, thanks! i'm definitely gonna keep messing around with 3D modeling-- it's way too much fun !

in this respect i may... actually take some suggestions, if anyone wants. no descriptions, though-- only images, sprites or otherwise. i'd like to try modeling a lot of things, so give me more than just characters-- give me guns, props, mobs! please!!
    the caveat being, if i model something for you you HAVE to give me critique. find something off about the model, about the texturing, or the animation, and let me know!! ok?

4. King Toad

King Toad Cosmic Narwhal

Content Restored:

Here's your first request then. :p
    Christmas(2).jpg

Edit: I sucked at drawing the stripes >_<

If I wanted you to have a real challenge i would've requested this thing. page.jpg

5. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Not much of a fan of your art, as it looks far too simple as the lines are rather unsteady, but your 3d images seem to be at least coming along swimmingly. With a little more practice, your style should be something to be proud of there. :)

Me? I came here because Carl Sagan. Bloody awesome dude you are for knowing who he is :)

6. Will this do?
    [​IMG]

If you could do Thanatos' SWORD that would be awesome. I always liked the fact that it looks like a kitchen knife.
    [​IMG]

7. thank you for your encouraging words. u~u i'm sorry if my drawings are a little... inept. i'm not the most fantastic at digital inking.
    Carl Sagan just seemed the most apt person for Starbound! 'think of how many stars,' etc. :3

also, if we could keep the requests Starbound-related, at least on this thread? once i have enough images i'll make a thread on the other Art forum, but for now i'd like this particular thread to be Fan Art stuff, if we can help it.

EDIT: in the meantime, a current WIP: who's that pokemon???

[​IMG]

8. iiiit's MINDWURM! (da da DA!)
    no surprises here folks i am a very basic person
    [​IMG]
    I'll get to work on the suggestion things tomorrow because i've just realised i've forgotten to eat today. oops.

9. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

10. for those interested, here's the offbound 3D thread: click

for the meantime, i'll keep work here my starbound-related drawings and models. u-u

11. ... like this!! cuz if you didnt get excited by the hint that hylotl used to ride giant fish into battle then i really think you might need to evaluate that. u-u [​IMG]

12. Dzelda

Dzelda Parsec Taste Tester

Looks like theyeve been through the Yangtze River. Theres a reason why they call it yellow. :rofl:

The Hylotl must have had one heck of a time fighting Predators covered with mud like that.

13. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

Wait, where did you guys get that information from? Did I miss something?
    The drawing is epic :)

14. Katlatze

Katlatze Pangalactic Porcupine

15. Bamseper

Bamseper Ketchup Robot

16. Yoshiblue

Yoshiblue Aquatic Astronaut

Loving the penguin artwork. Nice work overall.