1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help Cannot reconnect to friend, various crashes/bugs

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by capradabra, Dec 26, 2016.

1. capradabra

capradabra Space Hobo

Hi, I just got this game tonight and was trying it out with a friend who got the game and had been playing for about a week earlier. I'm playing through steam and on Windows 10 64 bit.

I created a character and connected to my friend (via steam). Everything was working and we were able to play for about an hour when their game suddenly crashed. Since they were hosting the server the game gave me an error and I was kicked out as well. We both restarted the game but since that first crash we have been unable to get to a point where we could play together again. I accept their steam invite and it brings me to the character selection screen normally, but after clicking on my character the game will slow, and I have encountered 3 different errors:

1. The game stalls on the black loading screen w/ the starbound icon in the corner for a few minutes, before the entire game crashes and gives a "Fatal error: access violation detected" message (http://imgur.com/NQbrXpY)

2. The game stalls on the black loading screen, then gives an in-game error message saying "Join failed! No server response received."

3. The game loads my character, and I apparently connect to the server, but I am either floating above the space background (the spaceship doesn't load) or on a darkened spaceship. My character is stuck in one spot where the teleporter would be, I can change what direction I'm facing with the wasd keys but cannot move horizontally or vertically. Sometimes messages via the in-game chat don't load, but once after waiting a couple minutes we were able to see messages from each other. They were also able to send me a party invite, though after I hit accept we were not able to see each other's icons in the sidebar. Another time I hit the "beam-down to the planet below" button, which resulted in the game showing the teleporting animation and never progressing past that point. It seems here that though I am able to connect to the server a lot is failing to load or loading extremely slowly.

I have reinstalled the game multiple times and disabled my firewall to no avail. Would anyone have any idea about what's causing these issues? We are truly baffled as the game was working fine at first.

Some other notes:
    -Solo play works and loads perfectly for me
    -We have various mods installed (the same ones), my friend has been playing multiplayer with them w/o this problem before
    -Attached my friend's error logs from when they first crashed (.3) and one afterwards (.2), and my most recent error log

Attached Files: