can the gold clock be moved?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by eri.e.h, Mar 25, 2017.

1. eri.e.h

eri.e.h Void-Bound Voyager

thanks

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Please note that one-word posts are discouraged under forum rules. I'd suggest aiming for a sentence as a minimum, especially for the original post of a thread.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

According to the wiki, yes, the same construction menu used to create magical buildings in the Wizard's Tower can be used to move them at no cost.

• Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

I have a question about the Gold Clock. Is it worth buying for ten million?

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

That's a totally subjective question. I'll flip it around and ask, once you are in a position to have ten million to spend, what else have you got to put the money in? It's a high-end money sink for the ultra rich. It's bling. Conspicuous consumption.

Borodin likes this.
            • Jack Of Shades

Jack Of Shades Pangalactic Porcupine

So, no. lol Well, more or less, I figured it was a more objective question if you take the word "worth" out. Let's say this: Is it useful? It removes debris from your farm so I assume that's pretty darn useful. Unless you plan on gathering it and using the materials. I suppose. Guess it boils down to whether or not you need materials or prefer to buy them. I assume with 10 million gold on hand you could simply buy that, and then purchase materials from Robin.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

Well, functionally, it stops the spawning of rocks, fallen timber, and weeds. So does putting down flooring/buildings and planting trees. It stops fences from decaying. So does a spouse. (In theory. I still had fences falling down even after Harvey said he 'fixed' them. Remind me again why you went to medical school, dear?) Even putting those together with all the house upgrades and construction expenses, it's not going to even be /close/ to ten million in cost. So from a purely economic standpoint, no, there's no way you're going to get your 'money's worth' out of the clock with just number crunching.

Is the trouble of spending a few minutes cleaning up weeds and rocks at the start of each season and the occasional (very occasional if you're using hardwood fencing) fence repairs worth ten million to you? Is the flexibility of being able to use other fence types like stone or iron without worrying about them falling down in a couple of seasons? Only you can decide.

For me, the clincher is not how much does the Gold Clock cost, it's how ugly that monstrosity is. I don't know what Rasmodious was thinking. It's so gaudy and tacky, hence my use of the word bling. There's really no better word for it.

Demogarose and oldbutgamingstill like this.
                • Borodin

Borodin Oxygen Tank

I never would have thought Thorstein Veblen would ever be quoted in the context of a casual computer game. Though it makes perfect. In any case, made my day.