Byte-Sized Sketches: A Starbound Art-Log

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Alkanthe, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Whoops, looks like I forgot to post some of my drawings lately. ^^;
    [​IMG]
    A sketch of Dr. Johan Savage
    [​IMG]
    @Tatterdemalion 's MONTEEEE SPAVENTRA
    [​IMG]
    ...And Thorntip.

611, rhomboid, Warget and 1 other person like this.
  2. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Whoa, I was pretty prolific today, apparently. Sorry about the low image quality on my pencil/pen drawings, my phone decided to take a swim today. : /
    image.jpeg
    Gale Paige (I think? Not sure what her name even is anymore) for @Jareix Cryvix .
    image.jpeg
    A bunch of derpy sketches of Rose and Atali, as well as a possible link image for this very thread! Finally!
    image.jpeg
    New character concept. A young, displaced Human who works in the darkest corners of society just to survive. (I have way too many humans. Someone, please take some of 'em off my hands...)

Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
    rhomboid, Warget and Tatterdemalion like this.
  3. Jareix Cryvix

Jareix Cryvix The Waste of Time

Gale Paige actually, but thanks! :)

4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Yeah, I think I remember you calling her Gail. And then there was this Helen business a while ago, so...

5. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I don't feel like coloring tonight, so here, have a couple outlines. Flare and a very different-looking Karia Corwinn. (I know she doesn't look like her at all, but it'll look a lot better colored.)
    image.jpeg image.jpeg

6. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Putting this in a spoiler because even though it doesn't SHOW anything, she IS technically naked. And she complained. So... yeah.
    image.jpeg

Re-imagining the aspiring young mechanic Cassary Arkos. Don't worry, she usually wears clothes! I'm just working on drawing Avians differently... again...

So Cassary is basically a naïve young country girl who takes a ship to the big city to make her fortune and ends up falling in with a crew of pirates (I think; this might change as I work out the crew. So far it has Cass, a Sallōk, and the Novakid brothers Pol and Sam Sulfide). She's learning the trade of ship's mechanic, but the job sometimes requires her to fit her long limbs into tight spaces. It's a good thing she's slim!

Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
    rhomboid and Warget like this.
  7. Jareix Cryvix

a Sallok you say... :sarcasm:

8. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Indeed! You never got back to me about names, so let me ask you now: how does something like Lia Monteia or Līa Monteīa sound?

Also, the reptilian girl will be the captain unless I find someone better suited. :p

9. Jareix Cryvix

Well, any name works depending on what culture they were raised in the starbound universe, but something to keep in mind about sallokian names is that they're normally two syllables each. for example, in Ausleir Caesraak, "Aus" essentally means "Savage" or Viscous" while "sleir" means "Pure" or "Saint". "Caes" is a word that literally translates to "vampire" or in sallokian terms, "glutton of blood" while "raak" translates to "law" or "of the law". so Ausleir Caesraak translates to "Savage Saint" and "Vampire of the Law"... ask me what you would like her names to mean and i'll see if i can translate it...

Alkanthe likes this.
  10. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Ah. Well, you never mentioned that, though I figured it was something like that. :p I'll have to think about what her names should mean, probably as I develop her personality and other traits... Which reminds me, I'm fairly sure I asked you some other questions in PMs and other messages, and I'm not sure if you ever answered them.

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

image.jpeg
    Finished coloring and gave her some clothes. :p Turns out she's kinda shy. So, I should draw her more and embarrass her!

Warget, rhomboid and MrToni300 like this.
  12. MrToni300

MrToni300 Ketchup Robot

That would be great idea. :3

13. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

MY PHONE IS BACK!

Also, Sucrose fell...
    [​IMG]
    She does that a lot, actually. It's becoming a running joke.

I did this to practice adding glowy effects and making scenes. I need more practice. :p

Oh, and here's a version without the speech bubble.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Colored!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

15. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    Her name is Lilith Evanine, and despite the pretty-sounding name, she is more than willing to become your worst nightmare. Yes, she is very average-looking. Not much special about this girl. She just thinks she's smarter than everyone else, and she is not above killing to reach her goals.

rhomboid and Warget like this.
  16. rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

looks hella good

17. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

image.jpeg
    Preview of something for next month. I really like to work ahead sometimes! :rofl:

Speaking of working ahead, the next part of my mini story The Monster Behind the Mask is also now up and (hopefully) ready for reading.

rhomboid and Tatterdemalion like this.
  18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

[​IMG]
    My (kinda sloppy) half of an art trade with @Captain Karo , featuring his characters Skye and Kara.
    [​IMG]
    More revision; haven't added any new characters to the sheet yet. Glitches have colored glow around their optics instead of just white-light glow. Apex, Avian, and even some Human faces have been revised. Karia's design has been updated. Other minor tweaks like some of the Floran eyes and Novakid brands. V5 (or, at this point, mightn't it be V6?) will be glorious.

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Happy Back to the Future Day, everyone! Here, have Luie dressed as Marty McFly.
    [​IMG]
    Also, a sketch of Mercy Gavanni.
    [​IMG]

20. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

IMG_20151023_112312.jpg
    A little doodle of the sweets-loving Suzy Hershey, the human version of Sucrose.

Lonewolf239, Warget and rhomboid like this.