1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bugs for Risk of Rain v1.1.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silver7122, Apr 25, 2014.

1. kryty

kryty Space Hobo

Few bugs.. (copypasted from a previous thread where I posted these because just saw a bug thread that was at the top and seemed to have fresh bugs.. my bad..)

Firstly the most annoying: Sometimes fails to push / shoot buttons. Have to shoot it with Huntress' bow multiple times sometimes no matter how close or how far I am and doesn't matter if I'm still or not. Tried several times to get an artifact on the Ancient Valley and hitting the buttons was totally random. In the end I just gave up because this artifact is hard as it is and with the added luck factor, it became impossible.

Secondly in one coop game 2 of us died and the last one was totally ignored by enemies so he just peacefully cleared the level.

On the last level when friend unlocked a chest that was between those two walls, the item that came out of that was above the chest so much that it was impossible to get to it because there was an invisible roof there (tried with the jetpack).

Also I keep getting error messages online and offline. Here's all that I've gathered so far (no logs prior to 25.4.)
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14366379/RoR/error_4_25_2014.txt
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14366379/RoR/error_4_26_2014.txt
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/14366379/RoR/error_4_27_2014.txt

Doesn't seem to create errors from enabling the buttons. The game's errors where the enemies ignored a friend playing on my server is the last one. I'm using CPU GPU Intel HD 4000 on my 3570k (my GPU broke and waiting for a replacement) so the game lags, could that be a reason for some bugs? I admit, I'm not 100% sure that these bugs aren't mentioned before but did not notice anything about the first one at least.

My friend streamed that game where he was invulnerable, VOD here:
    Code:
    http://www.twitch.tv/nitrogenua/b/523629513
    - At around 1:03:40 enemies are still attacking nitro but after that they ignore him yet he can still receive damage.

Also another bug: can't post links to twitch.tv vods here, it just tries to show the live stream, that's why I put the link into code tags. Also tried to make it as a link and that didn't work either.

• Pinkaminks

Pinkaminks Void-Bound Voyager

I seem to be getting an error (not sure if it's a bug) whenever I get to many items, and the game just cant load it correctly or something. It ends up with my character disappearing, meaning I can't move or use abilities, and enemies don't aggro towards any spot.

Attached Files:

• geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

In my game just now, I've gotten this error when I kill clear the last enemy after activating the teleporter. (See log attached.) It seems to be associated with unlocking the teleporter to proceed to the next level. I've cleared two levels now, and the error occurred both times.

Also, in this game I have the Telescopic Sight, and I'm finding that it's not actually proccing on the enemies about half the time. It will proc, but the shot will miss, leaving the enemy unscathed. I don't remember that ever happening before the update.

Attached Files:

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

To re-post something I accidentally put in the wrong thread, acrid (boss) when stunned will be floating, sorta standing on his chains. I imagine this is related to the way the sprite is designed.

• Oversoul96

Oversoul96 Space Hobo

I didn't see it posted in here, so here's a bug I encountered.

Using the explorer's key will drain your money for every chest opened and can potentially give you negative money. Until you get back to 0+ coins, you are unable to open chests or interact with the Artifact of Command boxes. The "-" sign doesn't show in front of your money count, but there is an extra space between the coin icon and the amount. Unsure if this happens when playing without Command, I haven't had a key while doing a normal run.

• ElectroNegative

ElectroNegative Space Hobo

Hi folks, doing a bit of a bug report dump.
              One of the bugs happened at boar beach, the game wouldn't recognize when I held any button down. In order to move, I had to spam the arrow keys, and even then, I would only move one pixel at a time. The bug was resolved after moving on to the next level.
              Another error happened when I walked into Ifrit's wall in Ancient Valley. My character disappeared and my drone died instantly, and Infrit just walked off the screen. A game over screen did not occur.

Also, two minor bugs regarding the command artifact:
              -The command blocks spawn above the chest, and the items spawn above the blocks. This causes problems when treasure chests are next to walls or near ceilings.
              -Explorer's key has some strange interaction with the command blocks. It will activate each command block but not bring up the item selection, effectively wasting both the key and the blocks.

Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

• Metamorphic

Metamorphic Space Hobo

If playing with the "Honor" artifact enabled the cremator boss (and to a lesser extent ifrit) can seriously wreck your game, for whatever reason taking a melee hit from them causes the game to think you died momentarily (even when you have >5k hp) the game pauses and you ~phase out~ for a few seconds, then you may or may not phase back in. this usually causes a bunch of mobs to spawn in the top left of the map way above the reachable screen space that can only be killed with homing missiles (some of the time) additionally every time the elite cremator fires his mortars you instantly take damage and become imobilized and hundreds of error messages pop up... 4th stage molten barracks needs a bit of love this patch, its breaking the game pretty hard if you choose to keep going instead of going to the final stage.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

-To reiterate on what I said about boar beach, it seems that the artifact of kin only fails to work when the button trigger glitch is active. I've had functional runs through BB where the toxic beast would spawn, but also ones where it seems as though your button presses work as if they're in Microsoft Word, as in they first briefly register, then after a second they register in rapid succession but not continuously. Pressing another button negates the trigger of what you first pressed. After exiting Boar Beach, everything is back to normal.

-There seems to be some strange interaction with happiest mask and the remaining enemies counter, as there were still about 10 enemies left while the game would already let me use the teleporter.

-Speaking of ghosts, they don't seem to do anything anymore after walking into a wall.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2014
                  • S1NOD

S1NOD Yeah, You!

Enemys just stop fighting against me. It happens in magma barracs when I meet Cremator

Attached Files:

• kryty

kryty Space Hobo

I unlocked 2 artifacts (glass and sacrifice) and they only appeared after a game restart. I did that in singleplayer. Had returned for a second lap and was on second level when I died. Had that artifact on that makes every enemy an elite version of themselves and was playing on drizzle.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

I can confirm this. It also happens when you beat the game.

• geekofalltrades

Also worth noting is that I'm still getting the "Error defining an external function" no-sound bug fully half of the time I start the game. It continues to be incredibly annoying.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

The money split is definitely broken at points in multiplayer; my friend was only accumulating a fraction of the money I was despite killing the same general amount of enemies.

• geekofalltrades

Get a load of this. I just played as Sniper on Monsoon difficulty with no artifacts eneabled, and this same error was popping up every time I killed an enemy and seemingly at random, as well. The levels I played were Dried Lake, Sky Meadow, and Ancient Valley (before dying on Ancient Valley).

Attached Files:

• Lazy0ne

Lazy0ne Space Hobo

There seems to be a floating Gauss Canon in Desolate Forest, the version without the artifact. It can be used and is normally unreachable unless your can fly with your merc but it's kind of... out of place. I added an image of the gauss canon. (The blank space is my second screen. Couldn't remove it in the time I had to spare.)

Edit 1: I managed to crash the game! =D

The map I had an earlier bug on, Magma Barrack, crashed it. The bug this time happened when the cremators started to appears. My character was stuck in between invisible walls. I got a first error message that killed all my drones and after going trying to get out and moving a little with the dash, I managed to kill one of the cremator with the heavenly cracker on the leftmost platform. It made my Merc disappear and displayed the error message permanantly. Here's a text and a second image for this bug.

Edit 2: I also decided to add all the error .txt I had in my RoR folder. The first one should be the game breaking bug I had on magma barrack first. Some of them only appeared in game and I could continue to play. Some made the monster stop attacking me while I could still kill them. And the last one should the the one I'm talking about in my edit 1 just about this.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014
                                • Enot

Enot Subatomic Cosmonaut

I will post the error .txt files when at home, but have run into a huge amount of errors, generally they are similar, but consistently a problem.

I have had problems with using drones against certain bosses, in which all drones are immediately killed, the character is removed from the screen. Recovery occurs when hitting esc and selecting resume. In general this appears to happen with Ifrit, and the armored artillery boss, regularly. Ifrit this has occurred without the use of drones as well. This problem as I said can be recovered from in solo play, in multi this tends to cause disconnects for players.

While using the commando and his #2 ability (full metal jacket?) in later portions of the game a single shot of this has cause such massive amounts of lag, it took about a minute or 2 for the game to recover. This only occurs with that ability, will do further testing on other characters abilities.

As others described in the magma barracks, enemies have spawned in the upper left of the map on a regular basis, and I have seen this regardless of what boss is spawned. The obvious work around is having a useable item like the missile launcher.

The command artifact.... how I love and hate you! First is it an intended design that controller users must feather tap control sticks to move the selection 1 location, a normal push on the stick for even 1 second cycles the entire list. Yet with keyboard control its easy to select items. This should be an easy fix to adjust the sensitivity. In addition to this issue, the use of this artifact causes the dropped item to often times appear in walls, and then if you're able to reach that, when it produces the item after selection its even further into the wall. Boxes should be dropped at the players feet, and items should be dropped in the center of the character, similar to magma worm item drops I believe, this change would resolve unreachable items.

• Shoat

Shoat Void-Bound Voyager

Artifact of Command - Great Idea (changing up a core mechanic is always fun), but many problems:
                                    1. It allowed me to select and get items that I have not yet unlocked. Regardless of whether or not it is intentional by you guys, it should be changed as it doesn't make sense (Why include an item-unlocking system when one of the unlocks completely invalidates it and allows access to everything anyway?).
                                    2. Menu is REALLY hard to navigate (using gamepad) since the selection moves as fast as if I had some speedhack enabled. It's really difficult to select what you want and takes up too much time. I think just adding mouse support could be a good enough fix if you can't nail down the issue of too fast controller movement.
                                    3. Items sometimes tend to spawn up too high in the air (both the command-box-items and the ones you select from that). This sometimes makes them unreachable without jump upgrades or gets them stuck inside walls.
                                    4. The Menu isn't centered, so when you're at the edge of the map part of it is sometimes missing.
                                    5. This Artifact really needs some sort of downside (or be marked as a significant easy-mode button). As it is it makes the game way easier than switching from Monsoon to Drizzle does.

Barbed Wire:
                                    The Artifact of Command has allowed me to find a bug with this one. It's supposed to increase in damage and range with each one added, but when you reach a huge amount of them (somewhere in the 40s) the range resets back to minimum (not sure if the damage does, too, that's always tricky to notice in lategame scenarios).
                                    They can then be stacked up again to increase the range again, though I only got to around 60 before that crazy run ended so I can't tell if it breaks again at some point.

Whichever Artifact is in the Dried Lake:
                                    It seems that you're supposed to break the cracked bit of a wall to get to it (and I have seen people do it in videos) but none of my attempts to break open that cracked wall have worked. So far I have tried to do so with Huntress, Han-D and Mercenary (mostly because I didn't get the cracked wall to spawn with anyone else yet).

AI:
                                    Not sure what exactly the circumstances were, but sometimes, very rarely, enemies (and bosses) seem to just stop dead in their tracks. They'll just stand around while I kill them and their friends.

• Jamato

Jamato Aquatic Astronaut

Okay, there's a non-bug issue here. Two crates, received with artifact of Cool Colored Crates, get activated by press of one button if they reside in one space. We get two menus where we can simultaneously select two items. Also Cool Crate + shrine give the same "simultaneous activation" effect. HP shrines can kill you this way. Please fix.
                                      Also thanks for quickfixes today.

• Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

Okay this is weird, the game isn't producing an error log but is only tracking current sessions when I boot up rather than collecting all data over time like it should. I've even checked the savebak.ini and had someone advise me to delete that. The bak.ini isn't writing any data and is always blank? I can't figure out whats going on. While yes I have been playing on drizzle, this just doesn't make sense to me. Would love some help.

• Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Have you tried playing a single game on Rainstorm or harder, then checking the saves? This would at least determine whether or not playing on Drizzle is the cause.