1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bugs for Risk of Rain v1.1.1

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by silver7122, Apr 25, 2014.

1. geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

double post

• arcticwolf15

arcticwolf15 Phantasmal Quasar

I don't have picture or video, but during the final fight with Providence, the final time his shield proc'd, it never went away. I was stuck sitting there for about fifteen minutes (it was also laggy), my drones and I only doing a measly single point of damage. The only things that did more than one damage with the Glowing Meteorite, and the Gauss cannon.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

A friend of mine played both the Glass and Kin Artifacts on 2 player co-op, and we both got Infusion on the temple stage. However, he didn't start getting Infusion health bonuses until the stage after the one we were on.

"Desync" is still an issue; in co-op non-hosts will sometimes be unable to be able to hit the teleporter due to some enemies being alive on the guest's game but not the host's. (HUGELY game-breaking). Some other person pointed out that it [might] have to do with the discrepancy between critical hit damage between hosts and guests, but I can't personally verify.

If two players open a Command chest at the same time, only one player will be able to select an item, but BOTH players will be frozen in place. While the player able to select the item is able to move away after doing so, the other player will remain immobile until the next stage (also huge game breaker)

As an addition to the bug mageblood encountered:
        All auras that the player possesses (e.g. Toxic Centipede and Barbed Wire) are removed upon attacking Ifrit's tower.

• Slanzinger

Slanzinger Orbital Explorer

Interesting...
          I've had a look at your error log, and it looks like mine might actually have been two separate issues. The bit we had in common was:
          Code:
          ERROR in
          action number 1
          of End Step Event
          for object oInit:

In script move_view:
          Error in code at line 8:

if oInit.player[1,2].dead=false
                                          ^
          at position 31: Unknown variable dead

Which I can only guess means that the AI did some check for "are they dead", it bugged, and then they treated it as if the character was dead afterwards. That'd explain why the Jar of Souls still worked, at least...

whereas the control interrupt was more likely (I think) something to do with the Cremators, as it only happened when at least one of them was on the screen; every time it happened the error was
          Code:
          Time:0:11:34

ERROR in
          action number 1
          of Begin Step Event
          for object oBullet:

Error in code at line 38:

s.active += 1
            ^
          at position 6: Unknown variable active

I should clarify: The loss of control wasn't for any extended time, just an interrupt whenever the error message appeared (i.e. holding left, walking, then it stops until I let go and press left again; same with attacking).

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

• Huntress's arrows can sometimes phase through walls. I don't know the exact conditions for it. It made obtaining the artifact of glass much more difficult than it would've otherwise been.
            • When using the artifact of Enigma, the chest that provides you with active items on the UES Contact Light can still give you any item it would usually give, rather than the small enigmas I expected it to drop.
            • Boar Beach had a strange interaction that causes actions (most notably movement) to barely register (no longer than 1 frame). It made escaping a barrage of boarlets impossible.
            • Items sometimes fall through platforms if chests are opened offscreen with, say, the explorer's key.
            • The artifact of kin has no effect on Boar Beach. Intentional?

• Slanzinger

Slanzinger Orbital Explorer

The "no AI" bug just happened to me again, this time after shooting Ifrit's gate (using Commando). However, didn't disappear when it happened, it was just a simple case of enemies acting as if I'd been killed. (can't remember whether I had any drones at the time). Thankfully it didn't spawn any enemies off the edge of the map, so I was able to progress, and the bug fixed itself when the next level loaded. Same error message about "if oInit.player[1,2].dead=false" in the error log.
              The reason it's spawning things off the map in the Magma Barracks level when the bug happens is the winged Lemurians - they spawn somewhere off to the side and fly in, rather than teleporting in onto a platform. I guess the same would happen on any other level with flying enemies, but it only seems to happen (or at least I've only seen it so far) caused by these two bosses.

Can confirm the item chest is spawning use items when using Enigma (same as the one I mentioned before with the Wandering Vagrant)
              Also, in UES Contact Light:
              - (gun chest room): Some of the orange chests there were empty, and some duplicated on top of each other (i.e. opened one, it dropped a missile launcher, but chest was still there. Opened the second and it had an energy cell. The same happened, with the exact same two items, with one of the other chests in the room)
              - (top-left room): Item (small enigma, if relevant) phased through one of the thin platforms when I opened the chest.

EDIT:
              Found another one, but it's a minor spoiler for artifacts that some might not want to see. Going to leave it behind a spoiler tag.
              On the Field of Sprites, as Engineer - if you drop mines on top of the platform where the hole is to get to the artifact of Spite, and then jump down the hole, the mines will fall through the floor. Jump into the pit and they will continue to fall off the bottom of the level.
              engiemines.png

Last edited: Apr 27, 2014
              • plushiemew

plushiemew Orbital Explorer

If you find an item for the first time on rainstorm+ diffuculty by using the command artefact it will register as found but if you click on the corresponding lock in the item screen it takes you to the title screen. (command shouldn't be able to give you locked items anyway, so if that's fixed this bug won't be a problem anymore.)
                I also had the ifrit tower bug.
                a few times the last enemy being killed while I was near the portal it created an error.

• Dzumeister

Dzumeister Subatomic Cosmonaut

Money and Infusion health bonuses were not granted for the second player on the Kin variant of Temple of the Elders. This variant only spawned Archer Bugs (IDK if they're related to the problem).

Cremator yields an amazing amount of error messages when they spawn and attack, and they may have possibly bugged the game as a huge amount of enemies were detected far off-screen for both the second player and the host. We had to kill ourselves to save our progress.

If you open a Command chest but fall off an edge, the item selection screen disappears from view and you're forced to select randomly to exit. The item selection screen is also skewed off of the screen if the Command chests are too close to the edge of the map. Possible fix by centering the selection screen for all Command chests?

In addition to aura items being reset by the Ifrit bug, all drones the player possesses are destroyed.

• blankexistance

blankexistance Space Hobo

I have a glitch where when the scavenger appears, his hitbox is invisible and disconnected from his body. Can bring his health to 0, but can't kill him, and can't progress to the next level. I have 2 attached error messages, though one of them had a different bug. All I can remember about that one was that it had to do with the cremator, but I was able to advance, so I didn't pay too much attention to it.

Attached Files:

• Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

The 4/25 one is edited with a little bit of context.
                      The 4/26 one is not, but they all had the same root problem anyway.

Attached Files:

• Brassqund

Brassqund Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Multiple creamator spawn... a lot of boss too and suddenly, big error message
                        and one of the cremator stop throwing rocks to me. After all kill all the other
                        monsters, I go see it... it still do the attack animation but no rock is throw.
                        Also, my Disposable Missile Launcher don't do damage to him... same with one of my ability
                        (I am mercenary and I don't remember which one). The other work, same for the bleeding effect...
                        Once I kill him, I got any other error and the game was working fine (and no, no artifact use)

Attached Files:

• roaldhoffmann

roaldhoffmann Aquatic Astronaut

I had a similar experience in my first encounter with the Cremator since the patch. When fighting him, my standard Z attacks were interrupted anytime I used any other attack in between which forces me to let go of Z and press it again (not a major issue but something that never happened before and only occurs when the Cremator is alive), and at the same time I had enemies spawn far off screen to the top right which I could never see or kill, forcing me to quit the run:

View attachment 95344

Attached Files:

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Last edited: Apr 28, 2014
                          • Relinies

Relinies King Homestuck III

Bug: If you hit Providence with a lot of damage, enough to knock him past his defense phase, he'll lock into that phase for the rest of the fight.

• pingpong2012

pingpong2012 Void-Bound Voyager

1) Game still crashes with missile/projectile bug. Play for hours, enemy starts getting hit millions of times on hosts screen, disconnect.
                              Probably too much money on ground. Why isn't there an effective "bagging" system? Why not release 10k in a bag, or 50k? Frustrating dropping frames. Also, this report was accompanied by progressively longer sounds, and frames dropping to 0, then I disconnect.

3) Does the Blighted Gup bug still exist? Around 210-240 mins, a blighted gup can spawn which will drop infinite items, fly upwards, and the game stops responding.

4)
                              That's probably the bugs from the cremator level or something.

5) Host cannot use Key when enigma and command artifacts are used. Locks up the chests; makes them unobtainable. On that, Brooch chests drop and non-host usually cannot activate them. If I can the chest drops somewhere else.

6) Bugs. Bugs everywhere. See text for details.

7) Friend on Win8 used to not be able to open the game or something, forgot what that was about. I don't know if I still get the floating point division by zero error on start-up, but semi frequently when the multiplayer starts, I get a gray text box with only one button "OK" which continues me to the game (except one time of course where my co-op could continue playing while I was stuck at char select), and I've gotten the box rarely between level transitions.

Love the game, but the multiplayer bugs are almost charming how often they end our games. Interesting the timer overflow to new games still exists, probably an Easter Egg for the one achivement

Attached Files:

• pingpong2012

On the last version, I couldn't unlock miner or HanD, they wouldn't spawn in single or multiplayer. Got around it with a friends save.

Forgot to add: I think Ifrit's were only spawning on the bridge and in the lower left? Can't remember. They now throw errors. The cremator level is FILLED with them, more than before. Before it was just the shrines wouldn't trigger more than once for me as client, now they react up to twice and always stop. Also there's constant erroring with cremators I think.

I too have the co-op desync constantly. Usually happens if enemies die too fast, easiest to experience with worms and wisps with explosions/hyperthreads, but will happen with every enemy.

There's also the stupid timer bug, where the timer is tied to framerate AND it's all client-side.

Shouldn't there be a patch where if some sync fails, then all the hosts data is resent? It'd probably solve a lot of issues, along with a particle-clearing script which triggers if the array is going to overload. The array being 32-bit unsigned would help, instead of 16-bit signed.

Now I'm also getting errors where sometimes there'll be a desync, and those host will be in some animation and be jumping like every second when I'm dead, but the game continues.

• pingpong2012

P.P.S: I assumed the controller speed for picking an artifact was intentional, to kind of simulate randomizing and to increase time pressure? I'd be disappointed if that's not the standard behavior, being able to 100% every item I want would be beyond overpowered, as-is the ridiculous selection speed puts good pressure on me. I really hope that DOESN'T get fixed if it's a bug.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Stores seem to act in a strange way when the artifact of command is used. Sometimes they'll give you the item that is listed, sometimes they give you the option to choose any item from its tier, like the artifact does tro everything else. As mentioned earlier by someone else, the orange small chests in the UES Contact Light have a similar sort of problem. I assume that's what that report was about, at least, but I can at least confirm it.

• bounding star

bounding star Existential Complex

when artifacts are enabled in multiplayer, they stay enabled in singleplayer, and if you haven't unlocked the artifact in singleplayer, then you cant turn it off

• Kwapplology

Kwapplology Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm getting a lot of errors with the cremator as well, with one annoying caveat.
                                        every time the cremator takes damage, single or multiplayer, I lose the ability to move for a second. Just move, as I can still attack and jump.
                                        However if I am playing as, say, the Merc or HAN-D, and I have something like barbed wire, this becomes a real issue. My friend has also claimed the 'enemies spawn off map' bug when this happens, though i'm never alive to see it.