1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. cookies4you

cookies4you Lucky Number 13

I killed Ifrit and he dropped his Horn instead of an item box with Sacrifice.

When I dropped down a ladder I fell into an invisible hole and I got stuck.

It ruined one of my runs.

-.-

• vg333

vg333 Space Hobo

Invisible walls literally on every level. Like I cannot play the game at all because teleporters are oftentimes impossible to get to because paths are blocked off from walls that are not actually there. This also occurs when Ifrit spawns, but in a different way. When Ifrit creates his walls, they disappear visually, but actually stay behind.

• Christovski

Christovski Ketchup Robot

Same bug for me, though I've had the game a few months, was hoping the engine change would fix the game dropping to 1 FPS. Reinstalled, I've also restarted both steam and my PC. Glad it's not just me but still stinks :(

Akito_ likes this.
        • Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Do you mean Command?

• MrEntity

MrEntity Space Hobo

Yeah. there doesn't seem to be a 'report a bug' subsection to this forum, but I've been encountering a really game-breaking bug quite a lot.
            Basically I can't jump in holes anymore because half the time when I respawn I wind up way the hell up at the top left, off-screen, unable to move. i Have several screenshots. In the temple level I actually spawned on-screen, but in a continuous loop of death. And Ifrit's pillars have made me fall through the groud. And I don't remember how it happened, but I fell into the top left of the beach but was actually on the screen.
            In one shot you can see my master cleaver, and in another my dynamite mid-toss, both clearly coming from off screen.

Not sure if this is a known thing or the game just hates me, but I dont't remember it ever doing this the first time I played it, like, a year ago. Pre-chef.

Anyone know anything?

Attached Files:

• cookies4you

cookies4you Lucky Number 13

Whoops.
              And yeah, I meant Command.

• Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Merged with the bug thread.

• Enderz

Enderz Space Hobo

I´ve had a bug that if you are really fast you sometimes glitch inside ivisble walls, that are ate the ege of the map, and you cant get out anymore. Run over. But this also happend before the update

Attached Files:

• glutamate

glutamate Space Hobo

+1 for falling off the map and getting stuck as described by MrEntity above

game is unplayable until this is fixed, it just ends your run, it's like dying.
                    maybe add a command like "fixme" from Morrowind, which teleports you back to a specific point?

• Ispil

Ispil Space Spelunker

So it would appear that there is a memory leak with the chef's cleavers. That is, you can actually crash the game in a single level by throwing too many. I noticed this right around the 8 syringes, 3 predatory instincts, beating embryo and shattered mirror combo while boosting dice. Specifically, throwing 24 cleavers out at once would actually cause a significant FPS decrease that would not be recovered. Eventually, the game itself froze and an alert popped up mentioning that the game was out of memory. It would clear upon level transitions- I had a close call with it the level before before killing the game completely the next time.

• schien12

schien12 Intergalactic Tourist

The hyperthreader makes my framerate slowly decrease until the game's unplayable. Even after all the enemies are gone and I've lowered all my settings, the fps still drops about 10 frames every 3-4 minutes or so until I teleport to the next level. Might just be my pc, but I didn't have this problem before the patch.

• daman4567

daman4567 Intergalactic Tourist

These bugs related to gameplay should be accompanied by screenshots including the end result of the bug as well as all of your collected items at that time, otherwise the reports are largely unhelpful to the developers

• Blaze_9X

Blaze_9X Intergalactic Tourist

Not sure if it was always this way, but when in online multi-player the characters my friends play as counts towards characters I have played as in the scores and unlockables screen.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
                            • hizamaru99

hizamaru99 Space Hobo

I used Blink with the Huntress and got stuck in a wall...
                              [​IMG]

• chuiu

chuiu Void-Bound Voyager

So this being the first time I've played since before the artifact update I've just recently unlocked a few artifacts. I noticed a couple of them aren't actually working properly however...

* Spite - Spawns bombs on enemy death but only players are affected by the explosion, not enemies.
                                * Spirit - Doesn't increase movement speed. At all.

• Fox Fanatic

Fox Fanatic Space Hobo

Gonna add my reports on invisible walls being a thing. It seems you can actually jump over them, but they also make you fall through the floor for no reason.
                                  I had a video uploaded showing what it does but I can't post any urls until I get two posts so that'll have to wait a little bit. :/

• CantWontDontStop

CantWontDontStop Master Chief

I just tested the Loader's Amethyst challenge; defeating the Overloading Magma Worm with the Loader does not activate the "Item Unlocked" notification, the Amethyst does not appear on the game over screen, and the challenge does not get checked off on the challenge list.

To recap, the Amethyst appears on the Items screen under the Loader's personal unlock criterion, but does not actually unlock upon completing the Loader unlock challenge:

Attached Files:

• what.png
                                        what.png
                                        File size:
                                        154.9 KB
                                        Views:
                                    • Grunni

Grunni Void-Bound Voyager

I'm well aware that my bugs have been reported at least once, but I'm listing the ones I've experienced in order to give proportionality.
                                      • After completing Temple of the Ancients with Huntress on Monsoon, I pressed 'A' to return to Dried Lake / Desolate Forest and was stuck in place once the level loaded. I could turn my character's facing and use her abilities, but the Blink ability didn't move anywhere. I had Artifact of Command and Artifact of Origin active.
                                      • On Temple of the Ancients, the map variant that allows you to jump off the left edge of the map (from atop the temple itself), I jumped and was respawned in the very top left corner of the map. I was slowly falling, but somehow managed to get unstuck and resumed play.
                                      • Similarly, in the Sky Meadow, enemies (especially Children) slowly fall along the right edge of the map after being bounced up by the jump-booster that is usually there. (It just struck me that I don't actually know the name of that map element.)
                                      • I finally earned Loader after accumulating well over 50 items, and it was not when I had 30 unique items either. Previous playthroughs hadn't earned Loader at above 30 either, so it was essentially random to me when I had finally been awarded the unlock.
                                      • Oftentimes, it appears that my ranged attacks are hitting an invisible wall around the edge of an enemy instead of the enemy itself.

• WandererintheDark

WandererintheDark Space Hobo

When selecting "Start single player", instead of going to the character select screen, I immediately start the game. Only way to change character is through the co-op mode.

• silvero

silvero Space Hobo

On dry lake you get like a box effect where you can't move/jump/blink past a certain area (it's like you are boxed in)
                                          On frozen tundra (the hole where you get the artifact) if you walk/blink/roll into it you fall thru the map unable to get out, not even with huntress
                                          At the fight with providence if you kill the worms when one of them shoots the lasor it buggs out and the lasor stays permanently on the screen both worms beeing with 0 hp