1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

It worked for me. Dropped a barbed wire or something on the last level.

• shadabejin

shadabejin Void-Bound Voyager

Here is a new one.

If you already own and have Gamemaker Studio installed, starting it up while steam is on will instead start Risk of Rain. After hours of trying, quitting out of steam was the only thing I could do to allow me to actually boot up Gamemaker Studio, instead of Risk of Rain.

Edit: After a friend's suggestion I perused my RegEdit and still found no suspicious activity.

• Shippo

Shippo Existential Complex

My controller didn't work. So I used x 360ce, an Xbox 360 controller emulator, to make my afterglow PS3 controller work. :catface:

• pingpong2012

pingpong2012 Void-Bound Voyager

• Butain

Butain Space Hobo

On xbox 360 controller, everytime i push X ( jump button ) while near a rope, it makes me climb down the rope instead of jumping. At the same time, while on a rope, using the analog stick down does not work, you have to use the X (jump) button to climb down the rope. Right now i've died dozens of times soley due to this "feature". Would be nice if there was more control over mapping directions on the gamepad, or if they at least worked properly.

• Joe Dolca

Joe Dolca Big Damn Hero

Frozen Tundra's floor randomly becomes non-solid, getting you stuck inside walls!

• kostek1233

kostek1233 Yeah, You!

Well, i found kinda interesting bug.
              Playing as Bandito. Just got the new use item, Chunk of Amethyst. When i used C (movement boost + invisibility), then used Amethyst, and used again C, i got double speed buff for a moment, but when it ended, i get permanently one movement speed buff. I did it couple of times and after like 10-50 times i could ran the map in 1 second. When i picked up Goat's Hoof movement speed gets back to normal.

• Oromis

Oromis Void-Bound Voyager

Gilded Wurms' laser crashes my computer, creating a popup under the game window saying that Memory Ran Out. Lenovo Y50 with GTX860M with 2GB VRAM and 8GB RAM and no other intensive programs running, I would kind of hope RAM wouldn't run out like that. I'd like to be able to finish the game for once

Fixed: Turned on frame skip and also, perhaps more to blame, was my laptop not using the GTX860M and instead using intel integrated. Most Steam games do this automatically but setting it up to do so for RoR manually seemed to fix it (along with make the game run smoother as a whole :p)

Last edited: Oct 26, 2014
                • Joe Dolca

Joe Dolca Big Damn Hero

Also if you put the game scale in x1 and close it and reopen, the presentation at the start is in x1 scale, letting you see the Risk of Rain map, ful with broken ship and everything. I guess the ship was derelict even before crashing, huh?

• Hazanator

Hazanator Subatomic Cosmonaut

I was playing as Mercenary a couple days ago on a solo run. Went around twice, and near the end of my second run I started getting an EARSHATTERINGLY loud sound. No idea what it was, but randomly during fights with Mercenary, all the normal sounds of my attacks would be playing then suddenly out of nowhere there'd be this one really insanely loud sound that sounds like twenty million of my attacks going off at once. It was so loud it made my ears sore afterwards, especially my right ear. V: It happened around 5 times or so, couldn't tell you what caused it. UPDATE: Happened with the Loader too much earlier on, only thing I had that could affect something like that is Soldier's Syringe I believe. It wasn't nearly as bad, but I heard many attack sounds stacked randomly while fighting an enemy. I can only assume it's a result of the sounds not playing properly on increased attack speeds.

Another glitch, I don't know if this one still happens anymore but it has in the past: Timekeeper's Secret and possibly Unstable Watch in the past have randomly caused enemies, especially in Magma Barracks, to become entirely passive. They refused to attack me and this became especially problematic as, after activating the teleporter, Evolved Lemurians would fly out of the map but continue to be counted in Enemies Left, meaning I could not finish the game and had to restart.

Also, less annoying but still annoying: RoR will, on startup, have no icon in the tray and will only acquire an icon after I alt tab from it and then go back to it.

Also confirming a few other glitches:
                    Clientside invincible enemies broke two different multiplayer games I've had, well before this update too.
                    Chef seems to have particular trouble with respawns after falls; jumped off the platform next to the Spite artifact in order to get back up and got stuck in the top left corner of the map, no way to get out. Had to restart.
                    Tundra/Valley has issues with invisible walls and random intangible level walls. I believe it is a result of Ifrit- it seems like invisible walls about the size of the ones he produces show up randomly sometime after he spawns, and in some places makes a strange opening in the level walls where you could easily fall through. Given that the Tundra has no separate land in most places it's not hard to jump out of level boundaries, but it's still aggravating. Additionally, I noted you could attack through these walls like other people reported.

• AirplaneRandy

AirplaneRandy Scruffy Nerf-Herder

When the Merc performs Massacre (Eviscerate upgraded with Ancient Scepter), if he doesn't get the last hit and there are no enemies around, he will stay in a ghostly state until a new enemy spawns nearby. It's really annoying and could cause the player to have to reset if there are no enemies to respawn.[​IMG]

Experienced a second glitch on the undersea level. You know how you normally spawn back on to land after falling into the watery abyss? After the update, I didn't spawn back onto land, I just spawned out of the map with the player invisible becoming stuck. I needed to reset my game. Please fix this problem too. [BTW, I see that others have reported this problem too].

Oh right, also, when selecting an item using the Command artifact, the d-pad is all wonky when using a 360 controller. I guess this ties with the fact that the d-pad controls the mouse as well as the L-Stick.

BTW, I appreciate you guys making a bug report thread! :lickitung:

• Keade

Keade Star Wrangler

Very nasty respawn bug on Temple of the Elders
                        The video also show a camera bug (after I changed the resolution/zoom to capture, I think). I could return to the map somehow but my character can't be seen bgy the camera. Game over.

• cptv

cptv Space Hobo

[​IMG]

Stuck in massacae after i've collected an ancient scepter.

• Akito_

Akito_ Intergalactic Tourist

I bought the game on 24. October. I installed it and started, a small window opened: ''Risk of Rain started''.
                            But then ... nothing.
                            I tryed again but nothing works.
                            I re-installed it but it dosnt changed.

• Enderz

Enderz Space Hobo

Every time I launch the game I have to start from scratch again it deleted all my privious achievements and I now have nothing unlocked. I looked at the save file and as far as I can see it seems intact.

• golbeeze

golbeeze Intergalactic Tourist

Once I enter the game, I am unable to do anything. No input works. My keyboard does nothing and my 2 gamepads do nothing. I've tried changing buttons and using JoyToKey.

• Gizmox24

Gizmox24 Aquatic Astronaut

When joining an online multiplayer game I only see the "Force Item Sharing" option and nothing else. The game crashes if I join a server that is offline, Also if I tab out while in fullscreen the game is not on the toolbar AND when it's in windowed mode the title at the top of the window says GameMaker:Studio. I hope there is a patch soon to fix these bugs. Uploaded a picture of what I see.

Attached Files:

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I think I've encountered that without the rusty jetpack.

• mythiklegend

mythiklegend Space Hobo

Whenever i try to play Risk of Rain on the new engine, my game goes at 1/3x speed, as if on 1fps even though i have a high quality computer (inc a NVidia 770), and whenever i tab out, the game doesnt register on task manager or my start bar, i can only close it by going into processes through task manager, i cant even tab back in.

• SoupOrJuice

SoupOrJuice Space Hobo

Might've been posted and not added yet, but I found a glitch. It's similar to a few, but not specifically listed.

I, too, have experienced the glitch with spawning in the "sky" after being reset (such as in the water level, where you fall off the map - I respawned in the top-left corner and could only use the teleport move, and it would reset me after teleporting as well). I've experienced it twice - once in the underwater level, and once in the "winter" level (with the bridge at the top).

I killed Ifrit (the version of the map was the one where the bridge IS intact, Ifrit spawned on the bridge but teleporter was on the bottom of the map - strange), then went down to fight some mobs. There's a landing about half-way down the far-right side of the map, I went to the very end of this landing and fell through an invisible hole. I landed kind of where the bottom of the map is, went a bit farther right (off-screen), fell to my "death", and THEN respawned in the sky (as I said before). It's just kind of a combination of a few different glitches I've seen, not sure if it's the same as the one where another guy fought Ifrit and fell through the map (pretty sure he fell through a different section of the map maybe).

Sorry if this counts as a re-post :S