1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. Linio

Linio Big Damn Hero

There is an issue with controllers yes. I can't use my usual gamepad anymore...

• Nettle

Nettle Space Hobo

All of these online multiplayer with friend hosting.

On Glass as Acrid I seem to be doing an insane amount of damage. [ Edit: I did have the frost-shield up, that could be it ]

Starting a multiplayer game with my friend as the loader and myself as the Chef, the first time after we'd unlocked them both (both in 1 run) we were both stuck in place and couldn't move until a flame spawned and killed us.

Loader achievement doesn't trigger until you finish the level.

The main attack on the loader is RSI inducing and makes me never want to play him again. :(

After I died as the chef and my friend carried on, sometimes my character reappeared doing the jumping or attacking animation.

I got the achievement for Flambé 10 crabs while playing as the loader, my friend, as the chef, didn't.

I can use my controller (xb360) to move through the menus and select menu options but I can't use it to choose or confirm a character.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
      • Djoron

Djoron Void-Bound Voyager

Ok, found a thing that makes me not want to play the game until it's fixed:

Sometimes, when tabbing out of the game, the game won't minimize, but will stay on the screen and I can't tab back into it.
        Any other window, the taskbar (which I have hidden by default) and such won't come up in front of it, so I can't close the game and have to restart my computer.

It also already made my Pc lock up completely.

This is pretty annoying and yeah.....cba to play this when it randomly locks my Pc.
        Which is sad as I don't have any other issue atm, luckily.

• riku7

riku7 Space Hobo

I'm getting an issue in multiplayer matches where my frame rate lowers to 50 fps immediately and only gets worse worse depending on the enemies and the items I have. By changing the graphics to low I managed to get 57 on multiplayer matches as long as not a huge number of kills and stuff going on but still never had this issue before. However this seems strange as in single player I can run the graphics on high with no problem what so ever. Also before the update I never had a problem with the multiplayer frame rate at any place in the game even the final stage ran rather smoothly for me. Also when using the charged dice move from chef on worms seems to create an out of memory issue and crash the game sometimes. This has happened in both a single player game and multiplayer game. Checked with task manager running and it was only using 1.7 of my 7.9 GB of RAM so not really sure how the game could be saying it's out of memory.

• Hemipheistos

Hemipheistos Orbital Explorer

I think it is mentioned allready, but i just want to confirm that some menue screens are misaligned.

Like this here -> [​IMG]

The pictures in the monster log are cut off at the bottom. (1080p - 3 x scale). I want to use the 3x scale because it's the closest how it should look to get the "original" feel on fullscreen.

• Tymarinia

Tymarinia Space Hobo

Sometimes when I have killed many enemies at once, which happened twice with the Loader and once with the Engineer, I get this error and my game crashes.
              All played in fullscreen mode, if that matters.

of Draw Event
              for object oParticleEngine:

Fatal Error: Can not create vertex buffer of size 98304 bytes
              8999 vertex buffers allocated with total size of 846528 KB
              ############################################################################################

• elideb

elideb Space Hobo

Running the HumbleStore (NoDRM) version of the game:
                - Unlocks: I was running from a vanilla version of the game (new prefs file), and I was able to acquire some advanced items, like leech or dynamite. Next time I've ran the game, no items are displayed in the item log.
                - Got the "Fail 3 shrines in a row" incorrectly: in the first level I failed twice in a money shrine, obtained an item the third time (don't remember which). Then finished first level and went to mushroom caves and failed a health shrine. And I got the unlock.
                When trying to remap my Xbox360 pad controls, as soon as I clicked on the Jump control the game crashed with the GM error window:

xinput1_3.dll is nowhere to be found in the game installation.
                I tried to recover the configuration from v1.1.2, pasting the bindings from the old Prefs.ini to the new one, and the game crashed. The second time I tried, the game run and the pad is configured as it used to be.

• Burby

Burby Phantasmal Quasar

Only when other enemies have also fallen off, it seems. I had to fight against nothing but an imp overlord, which proceeded to throw itself off the map, and I ended up falling off as well. T still heard the sounds of the imp overlord attacking. However, when I fell off earlier, I respawned where I should have.

BroughtMyUmbrella likes this.
                  • mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

So I just duplicated a use item by holding the 'use' button on my controller as I picked it up. Gave me the item and left a duplicate that I could still pick up. I don't know if this works on multiplayer.

• wishstruck

wishstruck Space Hobo

This happens with any character now except huntress. Normally play commando in mid air when I attack all my forward motion stops. I can no longer attack and move which makes the character useless.

Another bug i believe is on the rusty jetpack. on random platforms you can not jump. You can see the rusty jetpack animation go off but you are glued to the ground till you move off the platform or it decides to start working[DOUBLEPOST=1414074121][/DOUBLEPOST]
                      can confirm this problem as well

• OneThreeSeven

OneThreeSeven Intergalactic Tourist

Steam achievements not unlocking.
                        I finally managed to drown 20 Whorls!!! It unlocked in game but the achievement in steam did not pop. I was so close to doing it before the update :cry:

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Another bug I encountered but forgot to mention. When on a rope, or even standing above one, pausing the game and unpausing causes you to climb down the rope.

• Zeldrin

Zeldrin Void-Bound Voyager

The d-pad isn't assigned properly when using a 360 or xbox one controller
                            • Left on the d-pad makes you go right
                            • Down on the d-pad makes you go left
                            • Right on the dpad makes you climb ropes
                            Selecting start single player with a controller, boots you straight into the game, with no ability to choose character or artifacts.

The item/monster log and scores and unlockables menus are impossible to navigate with a controller, the only thing you can do is exit out of those menus by pressing LB :s

Steam: Achievements aren't unlocking

There's frequently invisible walls that will prevent navigating the level

Keyboard/controller binds aren't saved

When tabbing out of the game, it doesn't appear in the taskbar (win7)

• McSkellington

McSkellington Poptop Tamer

• Sacrifice in combination with command makes it so normal mobs never (or rarely?) drop chests. Bosses drop 2 chests instead. (It never used to be like this, I always used to play glass/sacrifice/command combo.)
                              • Resolution doesn't save when quitting and restarting; every time I click anything in the menu the window repositions itself a tiny bit underneath the taskbar. Also happens when I start a new game or enter a new stage.
                              • I apparently hit invisible walls with my attacks, and it feels like my attacks don't hit the enemy very often. Especially evolved lemurians.
                              It's also really easy yet annoying that majority of the mobs are now playing really dumb. The magma worm didn't even try to hit me he just went the opposite way. It also looked like a normal clay man was firing tons of missiles at me, to me it didn't look like an elite. Also some elite children sprites look pretty buggy when they move around.

[EDIT] I just idled for a while (~20 minutes) and tried to play the game that I had paused. The fps was hella low, around 3-5 or so. I paused and tried again, now it was at 20-30 but it kept freezing when I tried to use any skill. It apparently affects the entire game, I went back to main menu and it never went back to normal.

[ANOTHER EDIT WOWZA!!] Filial Imprinting: my squishy doesn't seem to be dropping any buffs.

• Greyler_Marak

Greyler_Marak Intergalactic Tourist

I've come across three bugs and I think some might have already been mentioned, but I'll re-state them here anyhow.

1) Sometimes with the rusty jetpack, I can't jump - usually when standing on a small ledge. In one instance I climbed a rope and couldn't jump from that platform, however, jumping from the rope to an adjacent platform, then jumping back seemed to fix it.

2) All respawns from falling off the map are at the top left of the map. It doesn't look loke 0,0 as there's still space above the character, however, it is the same on all maps where you can fall off/drown. This was particularly annoying on the temple where I was attempting to get the artifact and I spawned falling directly down and off the map again. Trying to move to the right in midair put me on to the small ledge, but without enough/the right jetpacks I couldn't get back on. That is until I let go of all controls and the character spawned in the same place, but standing on the air, not falling. This meant that I could jump to the top of the temple and continue, so it seemed I was saved from one bug by another!

3) On the final level, I was fighting by the door to the bridge and was low on health, so I escaped down the ladder toward the med bay. There were no enemies anywhere near me, the Imp Overlord I had been fighting couldn't follow, however after a second or so of standing down there I died from apparently nothing. On the Game over screen it said I was killed by the Imp overlord, but there was no attack animation from it and it was no-where near me.

• Npok

Npok Space Hobo

I've been stuck in the wall VS Ifrit, this bug is already report but 1 min before i got Red Whip, i think it's an other reason

Attached Files:

• McSkellington

McSkellington Poptop Tamer

I just tried to check the falling out of the stage bug, and it does happen. In my case it made a parent attacking noise as soon as I respawned in the corner. Also might be worth noticing that yellow elites keep teleporting towards you, even if you're on a way different platform. I had this sand crab chase me around the entire stage.

• Vastonik

Vastonik Space Hobo

• Playing as chef, I was doing a multi-loop run where I was gathering a lot of items and trying to do an endurance run. I accidentally fell down in the artifact area in the Desolate Forest and jumped off the cliff to get out since I already had the artifact. When I jumped off, I teleported to the top left of the screen and couldn't move, however I could use some of my moves. After a few seconds my game froze and I had to restart my computer.
                                      • Frozen Tundra - You can fall through the map and freeze the game by having the Hoopoo Feather and the Red Whip while the Spirit Artifact is enabled.
                                      • Overloading Magma Worm's hitbox is too wide and not tall enough. I got hit across the map by it and never had an issue with it before.
                                      • Netcode is still buggy - invincible enemies breaking the game for the person that's not the host if the host dies. Possible lag compensation error.
                                      • Flying enemies get stuck in the ground in the Magma Barracks occasionally.
                                      • Han-d can still shoot the drones while dead, despite what the bugfix notes say.
                                      • Huntress turns invisible when using the Blink (dodge) move sometimes.
                                      • Blazing Elite Mobs have invisible fire most of the time.
                                      • Oiling enemies with Chef often makes them spaz out and vibrate left to right rapidly

That's all I've observed from the patch. I'll be playing it more to find any other bugs. The biggest issues probably have to be the game/computer breaking one's though.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

Its been like that for quite a while, the yellow elites teleporting. I have experienced this many times, a few of which resulted in death. Some times they just teleport from way outside your view, it happens.

• Mianso

Mianso Black Hole Surfer

• When moving the camera shakes in an odd way. Like, not the camera but the sprites move when the camera moves.
                                          • In the opening cutscene providence appears behind all of the furniture sprites.
                                          • The game didn't wipe my saves but the item log numbers are sure off because I discovered the soldier's syringe and when I opened the item log it actually showed me the goat hoof.
                                          • In the dried lake level I sumbled upon an invisible wall in the middle of the map near the two platforms that needed you to jump down to get to the high ground, cannot describe sorry. I had taken a screenshot with print screen and it printed the steam library instead.
                                          Well that's for the first 2 minutes run. Quite a mess guys :p