1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.2.0

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Stovepipes, Oct 22, 2014.

1. shadabejin

shadabejin Void-Bound Voyager

Chef's basic attack cannot activate the switches to unlock Glass. (Sear does however)

• kingscorners

kingscorners Void-Bound Voyager

I also am experiencing this error, and have never had problems with this game before this latest update

• MahBucket

MahBucket Cosmic Narwhal

I'm pretty sure that's intentional.

• shadabejin

Every over character in the game (minus sniper) has a basic attack string that works by holding down the button, even the ones where its better to not (bandit). Until its said otherwise i'd consider this a possible bug.

-If you have Hoopoo's Feather every time you jump off a ladder or vine you will use up the double jump first instead of jumping normally.

-Glass's damage increase seems to have decreased. (needs verification)

-Flying Lemurians sometimes make the mechanical spider sound effect when shocked. (Not sure about other dmg)

-Commando can knock back Parents with his normal attack combo

-Monsters will sometimes never notice you if you are "behind" them, unless you shoot them.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2014
          • Arctos8

Arctos8 Intergalactic Tourist

-Cannot assign player controls in local coop mode. The game assigns keyboard to 1st player, controller 1 to the second and so on without the option to change it.

• Sailose

Sailose Orbital Explorer

My playstation 3 controller no longer works with risk of rain. I normally use motionjoy but now it doesn't seem to work with risk or rain.

• shadabejin

Noticed some things that made the game easier... unfortunately. I consider these bugs since the design team has been quoted saying that they want to make this game difficult.

-Magma worm AI greatly weakened. I could stand in the same place as the worm burst out of the ground 3-5 times before he would even aim at me. It also no longer seems to change direction in mid air to track you down. Magma worm is no longer much of a threat.

-Fathers can't seem to walk up or down 1-high ledges. Removing them as a threat in this game.

Pixel Errors:

-The lamp-mushrooms in the purpley moonshine map (i forget these map names so easily, even after 100 hours of play) are incorrectly in front of the sprite of your character, effectively hiding it.

-Character's feets (1-2 pixels) can be seen at the bottom line of snow in the tundra when you walk.

BroughtMyUmbrella likes this.
                • Space Hominid

Space Hominid Tentacle Wrangler

Stage bug: On the Ancient Valley map (variant without the large bridge at the top) I spawned Ifrit, killed him, then fell through an invisible hole to my death. I spawned where you see me in the screenshot below. Not a big deal, except I couldn't move or jump. Most mobs wouldn't walk over to me but I managed to get a picture of one of them falling through the same hole that killed me.

[​IMG]

• teecas

teecas Space Hobo

Had this as well. First time it happened on Sunken Tombs I respawned and fell onto the map. The second time I respawned stuck off screen somewhere. Could hear bustling fungus popping if I stood still, but had to quit to main menu.

+ Elites don't seem to be displaying differently from non-elite enemies.

• Supman

Supman Subatomic Cosmonaut

Glass doesnt up your damage as much as it used to, idk if bug

hope its a bug cause...shits super hard now, like, can't get past first level with a melee char hard

• slowmath

slowmath Space Hobo

Hey all, I noticed that as soon as RoR was updated to 1.2.0 I starting running into a handful of issues. My game has crashed several times while hosting a co-op game, but I've since lost the debug info Windows/GameMaker gave me.

Just a few minutes ago I ran into a bug on Desolate Forest. I've not yet gotten the Honor artifact so when I tried to get it, I ran into an invisible wall. I tried to show that I was hitting the wall by jumping and showing the jetpack exhaust.

Attached Files:

• landing and walking on invisible platforms, walking into invisible walls, seeing mobs frozen in place incapable of moving but when i passed by them they would attack in place... that kind of stuff.

• Raana

Raana Space Hobo

Magma worm is counted as 20 enemy when coming back to players screen. At the same time child is stuck to top right corner when boss counter is active.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

The magma worm has always been counted as 20 enemies since it has 20 segments, and that is when it enters the map. Not actually a bug. I have, however, seen a similar problem with the child getting stuck in that corner.

Personally, I like that Hopoo Feather activates when jumping from a rope, it actually helps you climb much faster. Although, yes, I must agree this is a bug.

• shadabejin

Ok. Out of every game-breaking and aggravation-inciting bug I have found my least favorite.

The majority of ladders and ropes in the game are longer than they should be (already mentioned it earlier), but when you combine this with the brand new hyper-sensitivity when using a joy-pad on a gaming mouse, it results in frequent death. If my joy-pad is turned even a single degree upwards or downwards when passing under a vine that isn't even actually low enough for the character to interact with, he suddenly starts that silly wiggling butt animation in mid air. This ended several of my runs while I was trying to unlock Loader. Either the controls need level of de-sensitivity or those vines need new collision detection, because it is the single-most annoying bug in this patch. At least for me. [/rant]

Other than that, still searching for more bugs. Somehow so far Loader is the only one I've found that seem to be lacking in unique bugs.

Ok; strange new bug. After playing for about 6 hours straight with no control problems and closing and re-opening the game several times during that time I just logged back in and two of the joypad key bindings switched themselves.

• 3NutBill

3NutBill Space Hobo

Reposting what I wrote from the steam forums.

*The AI is a lot less aggressive.
                                  *Gravity is turned up for some reason.
                                  *Glass only does a ~2x increase in damage as opposed to 5x.
                                  *Worms barely even try to chase you down now when they are dropping.
                                  *Vagrants are much faster than they were before.
                                  *When you join a server, sometimes you show up invisible and the character select screen doesn't appear.
                                  *Not as frequent as it was, but sometimes enemies still tend to desync, leaving them invincible and frozen in place.
                                  *There is no message to tell you if you failed to connect to a server.
                                  *Alt tabbing out of a game during a level change/game starting causes the the window to be stuck and forces you to open task manage>alt tab to fix it.
                                  *When you're using enforcer, if you use a crate (Command artifact), the enforcer is able to turn his shield any which way, though it's fixed when you use an ability.
                                  *When you set a server to hold more than 4 players, there's a glitch where when you open a crate (Command artifact), another player can press x, causing you to select whatever item on screen and freeze you in place.
                                  *Also, Enforcer and Han-D are weak pls buff.

• mageblood

mageblood Big Damn Hero

I think the vines were made longer for the people complaining about problems with climbing because they couldn't jump and climb at the same time because they were always off slightly. Don't quote me on this, but it seems the most likely reason it was made like this. I want it to be reverted, or at least have an option for "Extended Ropes: Yes/No".

• kalpa2004

kalpa2004 Void-Bound Voyager

Huntress' strafe skill description still shows 140% instead of the allegedly now 120%.
                                      Will report other findings if I have any more.

• Tire_Iron

Tire_Iron Space Hobo

I was going to post pictures to help make things easier, but I'm not real hot on jumping through hoop after hoop because of dubious forum requirements. I'll throw the end of the URL in still i guess, they're all imgur links. if you wanna call it circumventing forum rules, so be it, ban me, delete the post, whatever. I don't much care at this point.

Controller (PS3 controller) input for the cursor on the menu sometimes gets "confused" and flies off in a direction other than you're pointing. (easiest to replicate by "waggling" the joystick in a circle)
                                        The "Back to main menu" button on the scores and unlockables screen can't be clicked at all in 1x zoom, forcing use of the start/esc menus to leave

Huntress' character select skill description of Strafe still says 140%, and the play button on 2X zoom looks funky (along with a few other examples of 2x zoom text being funny)
                                        /wPI6k4T.jpg
                                        /UQukZIH.jpg (Skill/HP/EXP HUD, Boss health, name)
                                        /QxT4ph3.jpg (Try Again? Back to Menu, Boss health, name)

Menus to select items from the command artifact will run off the screen if you are near the edge of the level
                                        /X5PSEQc.jpg

in some situations where there's a low ceiling, an imp shrine will spawn imps inside walls (imp despawned before I got a screenshot, but this is an example of such a low ceiling)
                                        /dAlQZH4.jpg

• Andronian

Andronian Void-Bound Voyager

• Using a DualShock 3 with MotioninJoy set to Xinput, my D-pad does not work correctly and I am forced to use the stick instead. The D-pad's inputs seem to work fine for navigating the menus, but in game, pushing Left makes the character move right, and pushing Down makes the character move left. Up and Right buttons both do nothing at all. A friend has a DualShock 4 using SCP Server and experiences the same issue.
                                          • Mercenary's ult seems to glitch out when the Ancient Scepter is held. I was stuck with this weird looking sprite with no way to move myself left or right. Sometimes an enemy would come within range of me and it would be hit as if i was doing the ult. This would sometimes knock me out of this immovable state and I could continue until I used my ult a few more times. My best guess is that whatever change was made to hit detection on Merc's ult affected its ability to know when to come out of the invincible state.
                                            2014-10-23_00001.jpg
                                          • As you can see from the above screenshot, my fonts for most things are also very strange. The cooldown numbers and "Find the teleporter" specifically in this shot. I'm running at resolution 1366x768
                                          • A friend also experienced a horizontal thin black line in the background of the Risk of Rain level when moving vertically. He was unable to get a screenshot of it happening though.