1. Thanks for visiting! These forums are for the original Risk of Rain, if you're interested in discussing the newly released Risk of Rain 2 head over to that game's steam discussion forum
    Dismiss Notice

Bug reports for Risk of Rain 1.0.2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by needsomemiracle, Nov 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slanzinger

Slanzinger Orbital Explorer

If Acrid gets hold of a Heaven Cracker, enemies far away take damage when it procs, but poison is not applied.

• Stovepipes

Stovepipes Void-Bound Voyager

Not a bug. Heaven Cracker replaces the basic attack with the new, long range piercing one, rather than upgrading it, so poison wouldn't be applied.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
      • qwatwaffle

qwatwaffle Space Hobo

Just a few things (bugs) I've noticed whilst playing Risk of Rain:

1. The ghosts created when the Happiest Mask item is being used are counted as remaining enemies until they disappear.

2. Every enemy randomly teleports. *not sure if this is a bug or a feature in the game but it seems strange and out of place considering that there is an actual enemy that teleports

3 .The 2 doors on right side, top and bottom that require keycards in the final level do not allow access, sometimes. *I did notice however that if you dash as the Huntress while standing as close as you can that the prompt to use a keycard will appear

4. Many of the unlocked items in the Items Log still appear “blacked-out” even after getting them in-game (multiple times).

5. The Steam overlay has many issues and is practically unusable.

6. In the Temple of the Elders, if the Toxic Beast spawns at the roof of the tower, the one on the left side of the map, when he is killed his sprite appears behind the pillars.

7. If ~30 or more enemies are on screen at a time (or within the level) frame rate drops from ~60 to ~35.

8. Enemies sometimes get stuck in corners.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
        • Youkaibuster

Youkaibuster Starship Captain

When fighting Providence, it's third form lost 66% of it's health nearly instantly. He summoned two shadows at once and got in the armor mode where he takes 1 damage from about every attack. This armor kept on even after the armor icon was gone. I'm not really sure what caused this, because I had nearly every item in the game.

[​IMG]

• ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

Number 2 isn't a bug. There's some "elite" versions of enemies (yellow tinted I believe) that teleport to the player occasionally.

4: were you playing on drizzle (easy) difficulty? any items you pick up while playing on drizzle aren't recorded. Thats what the "progress isn't saved on this mode" message is.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
            • Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

Re-read what you quoted him saying.

Wasd_wasd and Treadlight like this.
              • ShadowlessWanderer

ShadowlessWanderer Pangalactic Porcupine

I replied like I did for clarification. And he said "enemy that already teleports" which most likely means he's talking about imps.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                • Jazter

Jazter Industrial Terraformer

You're right actually. My bad.

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                  • donrisotto

donrisotto Space Hobo

I have a shitty connection in aus and this happens constantly when I host games. there needs to be at the very least a resync attempt every now and then or even a global "enemies left" broadcast. Failing that there should be a forced finish state when every enemy is dead on the host instance so you can at least go to the next level. I know you could probably abuse this intentionally but what can't you?

• needsomemiracle

needsomemiracle Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I've encountered this, but with top-left and bottom-right doors, as far as I remember. I wasn't playing Huntress though and had to pass up the contents of said rooms.
                      In my case, no sudden health drops occured Thallium was kind of acting weird, but the long-playing superarmor activated even before the wurms. Didn't see double shadow. I recall having significantly less items, but I'm not sure it matters.

http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?threads/bug-reports-for-risk-of-rain-1-0-2.32529/page-22#post-1599542

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                      • Kaoschan

Kaoschan Master Chief

I seem to have a weired grafic glitch in my game. It seems to be some kind of permanent screen tearing and it does not go away.
                        I own a Radeon HD 7870 and currently i'm using the lastest non-beta drivers (but i tried other driver versions too)

Here you can see what i mean (look at the Volume numbers for example)

http://puu.sh/75VoN.png

Does anyone know a fix for this (it's quite irritating to play like this) or is this a bug?

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                        • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

That's not a bug, that's your own fault for setting the game's scale to a decimal value. Scale is the size the pixels are displayed, and when that isn't a whole number, really weird stuff starts to happen.

• Kaoschan

Kaoschan Master Chief

This also happens if i play in 1x, 2x or 3x scale.
                            [​IMG]
                            Oh and my ADM/ATI driver setting are set to default.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
                              Wasd_wasd likes this.
                            • Treadlight

Treadlight Existential Complex

Oh, hmm. Okay, this seems a bit more troublesome than I thought.
                              Also, sorry for seeming sort of rude before, I really didn't mean to. :S

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                              • Kaoschan

Kaoschan Master Chief

No problem, no offense taken.
                                I'm still trying to play around with different driver versions .. next would be the newest beta drivers.
                                The one i used while i took the picture were the 13.12 ones and even these have some performance issues (like 50-55fps in the main menu etc..)

EDIT: the tearing is still present but all performance problems vanished ... stupid 13.12 drivers

Last edited: Feb 22, 2014
                                  Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                • Slanzinger

Toxic Beast seems to ignore the damage from Acrid's Caustic Sludge (or at least, was while on this particular ledge, not sure whether it happens elsewhere. The damage number on the screen is from the drone; the slime had no effect at all, but worked on the small boars the beast spawns)
                                  toxicbeast.png

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                  • Slanzinger

Not necessarily true; I have it set to 2.5 so that I can run in fullscreen (1600x900) and haven't seen any graphical problems with it at all. Though it could be possible that increments of less than 0.5 will cause issues.

Come to think of it (as a side-note) the ever-present bug with the Steam overlay notifications showing twice and filling up a huge amount of the screen seems to have stopped happening. Must've been a Steam patch at some point that did it (I don't remember RoR updating itself) but haven't had it happen in a few days. So that's nice!

Wasd_wasd likes this.
                                    • fatihG_

fatihG_ Lucky Number 13

After many tries to get RoR working when I first got it, I discovered that no matter what I did, I couldnt get the game to run when launching it from a windows shortcut.
                                      Basically to make the game work I have to hit "play" from within Steam.

• geekofalltrades

geekofalltrades Phantasmal Quasar

I can no longer start the game without receiving the "Error defining an external function" no-sound bug.

• Crohnsy

Crohnsy Intergalactic Tourist

I had the same issue and it cleared up when i unplugged all other "controllers" from my computer, this included a flightstick and a Nostromo, so try removing other non-essential peripherals and give it another go!

Thread Status:
                                          Not open for further replies.