1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

BUG: only 1 tech can be used at once. even if +2 are equipped

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by jambox5, Dec 6, 2013.

1. eldee

eldee Space Hobo

The penalty for using a tech is energy use.. being able to use more than one would just burn energy faster. Seems self-balancing to me.

2. Aureas

Aureas Big Damn Hero

Yeah im convinced this is a bug until a dev says otherwise.

3. Psygnosis

Psygnosis Ketchup Robot

It's not a bug - You can use only ONE tech at a time, but you can equip 4 tech in your character ui

4. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

'The Future of Starbound' post on the main page has this tidbit about techs.
    So yes, it's not a but. It is a design choice for now which will be changed later on.

Jerakal likes this.
  5. J Megadeth J

J Megadeth J Space Spelunker

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use more than one. In Terraria, you can use like 5 and combine them too. This should as well.

6. SuperMandrew

SuperMandrew Cosmic Narwhal

Well the team has said that they're currently working on this, so eventually combinations will be possible.

7. Murdaa

Murdaa Space Hobo

In My opinion, being able to hold shift and press 1-4 to select from your four techs without going into the inventory would be a nice addition.