Boss Fight and Arcade Modes

Discussion in 'Other' started by Baltheos, Mar 5, 2012.

?

Good Idea's?

1. Yes!!!

100.0%
  2. No >:(

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe :/

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Baltheos

Baltheos Master Chief

Boss Mode:

I think the Boss Fight Mode is pretty self-explanatory, once you defeat a boss you can select to fight that boss by going to the Main Menu and selecting "Boss Mode". Than simple check mark the names of the boss(s) you wish to fight in the order you wish to fight them. For example (using Terraria boss names) you kill Eye of Cthulhu and Skeletron and want to fight them back-to-back or at the same time, than go into the "Boss Mode" menu check mark those names and select either back-to-back or all-at-once. I think this would add fun challenges to the game to share with your buddies or show off, also maybe even add in pre-made arena's to fight on and items to spawn or use creating even more of an edge to the fight.

Arcade Mode:

For Arcade Mode, it would be somewhat similar to Boss Mode except you will be fighting other bad guy's other than just bosses. You would also be able to get "rewards" for completing so many levels in this mode (i.e.) currency, weapons/spells, and unlock further challenges for this mode. Unlike Boss Mode, you will not be able to select any of the spawns or maps since it will be level-based. Maybe every 10 or so levels you fight a boss, than on the next level you enter a new map with corresponding baddies. Also this could act as a sort of "training mode" if you give the player the option to use his/her own gear/character, but remove huge rewards (but still receive smaller rewards like currency and experience), letting the player hone their skills and enjoy bashing baddies all they want without having to adventure out and find them.

So, any thoughts?

Kohjix likes this.
  2. Kohjix

Kohjix Star Wrangler

I like this idea. The boss mode should be implemented into Multiplayer as well! I'd love to fight bosses with my friends!
    Arcade mode seems like an elongated goblin/snowman army! I love that! :D
    /like/