REQUEST Blue chickens first

Discussion in 'Mods' started by TheTearer, Jan 16, 2017.

1. TheTearer

TheTearer Phantasmal Quasar

Can anyone make a mod that either opens up blue chickens immediately (probably that's too hard) or just replaces one of the normal chicken colors with them? I really love the look of them, they're floofy and have swirly tails, and a pretty blue, they just look happier. But I don't like Shane. I realize from the forum that he's popular, but I find him a living reminder of the stereotype of depression that makes 'normal' people tell people with depression (like me) to just stop whining, get off the couch, and do something with our lives. Like that fixes it. So having to force push him to 8 hearts to get pretty chickens kinda stresses away the chillness of the game.

I realize this is a silly appearance thing, but I thought I'd throw it out there. I'd try myself, but right now my meds are clouding my concentration and learning new skills is really an uphill battle. I need my focused moments for work.

I have no problem with anyone who does like Shane, I know it's my reaction being sensitive right now. Thanks.

• Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Here is a replacer turning the brown chickens into blue ones. Hope it helps :)

Attached Files:

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

To be fair Shane is a much better example of depression than you are giving him credit for. He doesn't just get on with his life and everything is solved. Not at all. Even after being married he has his issues and bad days that he is still dealing with.

• TheTearer

I did say I was aware my mood was probably exacerbating how I was feeling about Shane. But I do think it's also a bit unbalanced that there's one romance character that has a goal/reward for getting them to a high relationship beyond the actual relationship, and the rest don't. Maybe due to him (I gather, I just got introduced to this game over Christmas) being added as a romance later? Did the blue chickens come as part of that? To be fair, I find several of the romance options.....unappealing, to say the least, pretty much all the guys, which is not how romance games usually go for me. I suspect it's something in the way ConcernedApe wrote, since I look at them and can see the character types they're filling, and it's my response to how they're filling the roles that's bothering me. People have different characterization writing styles, and people are allowed to like different styles. I'm not judging anyone for what they like (unless it's y'know evil, which nothing in this game is). I can't, because I sure like some tooth-rotting garbage ^_^;

• TheTearer

Yay! It works, and nothing exploded (alwys a possibility when I touch technology). Thank you so much!

And wait......did all I need to do was copy the blue chicken xnb files, rename them for the other chicken color file, and then replace? I am a dumb. I am a dumb. This.......is why I'm not trying to learn modding myself right now. Because I sound perfectly coherent, but my brain no work good. Words easy, thinking hard.

Jokerine likes this.
            • Jokerine

Jokerine Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Yeah, it was pretty easy, but it only took a minute so I figured I'd spare you the trouble :) No problem! Enjoy, and if you want a full set of blue birds you could always replace the white chicken with @Zhuria's blue roosters if you rename the files. There are some blue ones in the file list there. Adult ones only, but you could also make a copy of the blue baby chick and rename it to the white baby chicken. Mix and match :)

Enjoy! :)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
              • TheTearer

Other signs I am not thinking well today: wondering why the vent fan over the stove wasn't clearing out the smoke after the oil burned during dinner, getting downstairs, and realizing it wasn't the room that was smoky, it was my glasses. ~coughs~

And ooh, at last an explanation for the rooster sound every morning! I was having to headcannon that Marnie had roosters and the chickens were so expensive because they came with a stud service. o_O Of course that still doesn't explain the mystical pregnacies of the barn animals. Marnie's real profit is obviously there.

• ishizu29

ishizu29 Subatomic Cosmonaut

i feel a little bad posting this here, but one time after seeing the cutscene with shane, i was collecting eggs from the coop and i accidentally put a regular sized brown egg in the incubator,,,and you´ll never guess what colour chick hatched from it,,,,i should mention that it was my third time using the incubator. ^^;