Blocks Shop!

Discussion in 'Blocks and Crafting' started by HellArcher, Apr 29, 2015.

1. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

Hello, friends! My first post/suggestion!

With a post about colonisation system and building path, I thought getting nice blocks will be quiet boring... right?
    What about adding a new shop to the Outpost? The Bob's Blocks! (the best name for a shop :iswydt:).
    Bob's Blocks.png

He would sell some Outpost blocks, but players would also be able to unlock more blocks by scanning them for some cost. Something like 3D printer, but for blocks. Alternatively, you could unlock blocks after picking them from the ground. Not every blocks, but the simple ones (for example: Avian temple bricks, Glitch castle bricks etc.) (mostly uncraftable ones).

It's actually everything I can suggest... So that's all, guys! Have a nice day!

Last edited: Apr 29, 2015
    Harakhti, shannyxvx, PabloM and 6 others like this.
  2. lazarus78

lazarus78 The Waste of Time

Sounds good to me. Perhaps have some requirement like "Bring me 1000 of a block and I can start producing it. My old digitizer* isn't the powerhouse it used to be, so I have to feed it more material.

*Made up machine used to break down matter and make it printable like the 3D printer basically. Basically implying that he uses a special 3D printer that has become old and needs more thant just one of an object before you can print it like your ship's 3D printer. It would provide balance for the game and backstory to good ol Bob.

Plex_Director, Jerln and HellArcher like this.
  3. HellArcher

HellArcher Void-Bound Voyager

I thought about 3D printer thing too, I will add it to the post.

4. shardshunt

shardshunt Cosmic Narwhal

This is actually fairly easy to implemnt. I already have a mod (BlockTableplus) which adds a table that allows the crafting of any block in the game after being picked up by the player and it also sorts the blocks into many catagories and the tables can be found spawning in many dungeons. Feel free to take any assets you wish from my mod to create your own which has your own implemtation.

Hatsya Souji and PabloM like this.
  5. Candide

Candide Subatomic Cosmonaut

I think this is an excellent idea. I feel like any proper building project worth its salt has to be done with admin spawning commands or a creative mode mod to get anywhere. If we can't use the 3D printer to print blocks, then I want this implemented. I'd rather have this anyway.