1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Bi-Weekly Build Challenge(Re-Done)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by RedPanda_Warrior, Oct 2, 2016.

?

.What build themes would you like to see for this challenge in the future?

1. Airship

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  2. Igloo Village

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  3. Patchwork

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  4. Research Lab

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  5. Underwater City

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. Cave City

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  7. Temple

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  8. Forge/Metalwork

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
  9. Tomb/Graveyard

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  10. Resteraunt

4 vote(s)
    20.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. RedPanda_Warrior

RedPanda_Warrior Star Wrangler

Just posting to get it to the top of the list! Also, I made a mistake earlier, this two weeks challenge ends on the fourteenth.

2. RedPanda_Warrior

Keep in mind that your builds are due on October 14th!! That's Friday!

3. SivCorp

SivCorp Parsec Taste Tester

I'll make something for this.... My RP story needs to set up a desert outpost soon, so I'll get it posted here too.

4. FadedSketch

FadedSketch Subatomic Cosmonaut

Thought I may as well post an update on mine:
    desertvillagehouse2.png house_1desert.png
    Here's hoping I can finish before the 14th! :)

RedPanda_Warrior likes this.
  5. RedPanda_Warrior

6. RedPanda_Warrior

For the next challenge(It's early but I thought I'd post it now just because) I think I'm gonna have to propose sort of a choice. For the people who participated in the original weekly build, but that one was canceled, you will have the option to post your research labs. This is only if you did the original. For everyone else it will be a different theme. But just because you posted the research lab does not mean you will not be able to participate in the challenge of very one else is doing, because research lab winners will be elected seperatly. It will not effect the challenges in any way, so if you have made the lab, and you post it, you will win for the research lab. People who have not participated in the original may NOT participate in the research lab.
    Next challenge us still being decided, but chances are it will either be giant boat or resteraunt. One of those two.

7. RedPanda_Warrior

Friday is It! Make sure to submit before Friday!

8. RedPanda_Warrior

What? It's Friday' guys, I'll give you one more day... Please post them today, or else they won't count!

9. Mjollna

Mjollna Phantasmal Quasar

Which timezone are you in ? I guess it would be clearer to specify for people who would like to add an image as close to the deadline as possible :)

10. SivCorp

I am away from my comp this weekend, so I won't be able to submit till Sunday evening.... Sorry.

11. RedPanda_Warrior

U.S.A eastern time zone. Please try to get it in as soon as possible people, Monday is most definitely the last day, no exceptions.

12. RedPanda_Warrior

The challenge is bumped back to the 16th, giving you one more day. Then everything past the deadline won't count, so it doesn't have to be fully finished. Just post what you can.

13. RedPanda_Warrior

Monday is the last day guys! Can't wait to see the Builds!

14. FadedSketch

FadedSketch Subatomic Cosmonaut

sorry, but I'll have to bow out. It's not the deadline; you gave ample time. I just suck at finishing projects. ;w; Can't wait to see what others' places look like though.

15. RedPanda_Warrior

Today is the last day! 6 and a half hours left!

16. SivCorp

[​IMG]

Obviously unfinished.... but there are the buildings, farming area, and style. Further east has a cave complex that is built out a little too... but not even lit, so this is it for now.

TheFloranChef likes this.
  17. RedPanda_Warrior

Well guys, it looks like there were three posts: you guys do realize it doesn't have to be huge. My desert village only tooka 3 hours tops, and it has additionally a saloon, ( a small one) a small guard post, and three houses. And of course, the town hall and county jail.

It doesn't have to be exactly finished or massive; so I'm giving you one more day to post what you have as of now. No adding more to it unless you just need to finish a house.

I can't win in these challenges, because I'm the host. But I do decide the deadline. By Wednesday, you have to post it in for it to be counted.
    This time seriously no exceptions. I'm not giving you any more time, I've all ready given enough.

18. SivCorp

Some of us like building within an RP element, which means collecting materials as well as building structurally sound buildings. Some also go through multiple rebuilds or plans before settling on a final design.

I say just get on with it. The participation may pick up over time. But you will lose the other participants if you drag it out too long....

19. Mjollna

Mjollna Phantasmal Quasar

I agree with SivCorp, about the RP elements and about the deadline. You've announced a bi-weekly challenge, so people count on the fact that every two weeks the theme changes if they're not inspired, and that they have to deliver something.
    If they don't, extending the deadline changes the rules and I'm not sure it motivates more people.

I'll add that if you want people to participate, it's probably easier to encourage smaller contests where it's possible to polish a nice building in a few hours (one house, a small boat, a themed cabin, one floor flat, etc.), than bigger things that no one has the time or motivation to finish (in two weeks or more). The contests come as side projects of people's main constructions.

20. RedPanda_Warrior

This weeks build theme is a pirate ship. That's the theme, it should be smaller and more not as time taking. Can't wait to see it!

SivCorp likes this.