Modding Discussion Beyond the 3rd Year...

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Gantros, Apr 16, 2016.

1. Chiriki

Chiriki Master Chief

You could make this work by just giving the farm to your kid, when your character retires (or to niece, nephew, Abigails kid, whatever). That way you could let the Population evolve, you can see the time pass, meet new people, get new machines/animals....

• kodemunkey

kodemunkey Phantasmal Quasar

I'd be happy if we could add buildable greenhouses to the farm building menu.

• Chiriki

Chiriki Master Chief

There is a dresser to change clothes but with the More Crops Mod we can grow Cotton, so maybe we could have other stores like a clothes store... or we could make our own clothes from cotton or wool an dye it with cabbage an other stuff

• Gantros

Gantros Pangalactic Porcupine

Maybe we can simply upgrade the existing Greenhouse, have it be able to have multiple floors. I had a thought where the Greenhouse as it's upgraded, you can have unique features to existing crops, like fruit trees. Normally, trees planted outdoors only have one fruit per day. When planted in an upgraded treehouse, the controlled conditions and additional floors allow 'access' to different parts of the tree, allowing the collection of more fruit per day. So say you have a tier 2 Greenhouse, Robin adds a basement to it where you can plant mushrooms and other 'night crops', and there's a minecart through a backwall. Plant a tree here, and it will grow through the basement ceiling onto the main floor, dropping fruit on the basement floor, and allowing you to pick a 2nd piece from the main floor. Upgrade to tier 3, and a 2nd floor is added to the greenhouse, allowing you to pick a third piece of fruit per day.

• kodemunkey

To be fair, if you leave fruit trees long enough they grow 3 fruit and you can harvest it all at once.

• Gantros

True, but I was trying to be a little creative by allowing for 3 story tall supertrees that grow in the greenhouse.

• kodemunkey

Oh, well that's different, Super trees sound awesome, especially if they can grow all the fruit.

• Gantros

Kind of, the thinking was a tree grown in the greenhouse has the opportunity to produce 3x the amount of fruit that an outdoor fruit tree would. The way it would be visualized is that the main floor of the Greenhouse would have spaces on the perimeter where you can plant trees. After the first the first upgrade, you can plant your trees in identical spots in the basement. If there is no tree already above it, the basement tree grows through the basement up into the main floor, effectively giving you two trees for the price of one. The Tier 3 upgrade gives you a 2nd floor to the greenhouse, again with spaces for trees. So, if you planted a tree in the basement and have no trees occupying the corresponding spaces above it, you can have effectively 3 trees for the price of one. Alternatively, especially with MCM, you can plant different trees in each space, so you can have more variety year round.

• kodemunkey

Why not have an Aboretum (Which is a specific type of greenhouse, dedicated to growing trees) ?

• Gantros

I think that's what I was going for, didn't know the proper name for it, though.

• Plokman

Plokman Void-Bound Voyager

Small idea I just had as the train nut I am. What about a quest to restore the railroad station? Once done a small passenger train could stop at the station on random days and Tourist NPCs could walk around town for a while.

By the way am I the only one who sees a mix between Sierra no. 3 and Chuffy (Banjo-Tooie) in the locomotive?

Crimsonwingedbird likes this.
                        • Gantros

Actually, I had the idea that the Train Station could be the hub to any new areas outside of SDV, such as Zuzu City.

Plokman likes this.
                          • Plokman

Plokman Void-Bound Voyager

Why not both? You could repair the station and use the train to go to other places. On days you stay home a passenger train might stop with tourists or the normal random train can pass through.

Also I noticed today the Locomotive's wheels turn way too fast for the speed it's meant to be going. A minor nitpick to be sure.