Beta Testers.....

Discussion in 'Starbound FAQs, Q&A, and General Help' started by Shadow, Feb 22, 2012.

?

Should There be one?

1. Hell YEA!

375 vote(s)
    87.4%
  2. GOD NO!

54 vote(s)
    12.6%
  1. TheLordKhon

TheLordKhon Void-Bound Voyager

Well i'd like open beta testing for those who pay

2. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

But then it isn't beta testing it's a pre realise. It's payed alpha. I don't see that a testing.

3. Z_Evil

Z_Evil Void-Bound Voyager

I am pretty sure I am ready.

Not all of us at just wanting to play early. I was able to get into the alpha stages of Adventure Quest Worlds (their MMO) and that was awesome for the lucky few of us who got to do it, we were testing with the game makers themselves and finding any problems. It didn't matter that we had to restart after alpha, and even after beta. We were able to test, watch it grow, and be a part of it from the get go.

4. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

Heck...I would love to be a beta-tester, if only the chance were given. I also have plenty of suggestions, but considering how many people are about to jump on this chance, I have the feeling the chances are slim .___.'
    But still, would LOVE to be a part of the help :)

5. Wired

Wired Big Damn Hero

There are acceptions of course ;)

6. Polar !

Polar ! Pangalactic Porcupine

A closed beta sounds better :p But add people that keep their mouth shut and are good at testing, don't add "youtube attention whores" >.>

love doctor likes this.
  7. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

I concur with this. I mean, I have a youtube page, but unless manditory or offered as a suggestion from staff (or higher) I wouldn't upload anything from the beta testing of the game UNTIL the full game (or at least a full attempt of the game) is released!

8. SupremoPete

SupremoPete Void-Bound Voyager

I would love to be a beta testing as well. I actually report bugs I find and try to do random things to try and break the game lol

9. KKslida

KKslida Big Damn Hero

I break games fo fun :p
    ...well, in a good way. BUGS STAND NO CHANCE WITH MY FLAMETHROWER!!!

10. Well, who wouldn't want to be a beta tester,hm?

11. Sonicrider3 (riddler)

Sonicrider3 (riddler) Big Damn Hero

ive NEVER been a Beta Tester so i hope there is

12. ShadowSoul

ShadowSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Beta is fun to me. I remember the good ol' days, screwing around with the insides of Lego Universe. (Pretty fun for a 14-year-old then) I remember the creepy Hand-grows-when-you-stay-AFK glitch, and nowadays, it's gone! It would be exciting to play the game through, seeking out crafting bugs and whatnot.

13. Ragen

Ragen Big Damn Hero

I'm also curious on the learning curve as well. StarBound is adding in missions, quests, and a lot more options to make this game as complex as WoW. I would love to be able to test that curve, especially the end game curve where the final planets never lose difficulty. That feels extremely epic, and I can only wish I would have a chance at testing that out.

14. rancidshamble

rancidshamble Space Spelunker

Guess I'm in an interesting position. I like the idea for a beta so things can be fixed but I wouldn't participate in it. Don't want to spoil anything before the game is complete :)

15. ShadowSoul

ShadowSoul Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Odd, as you most definitely looked at the pictures and also spoiled the story, but what do I know?

HiroRyusaru likes this.
  16. Zawrus

Zawrus Master Chief

I will be a perfect tester. When I start playing a game, the first thing that happens to me, is find a bug. My bad luck, your luck. But I don't have enough time, that sucks.

17. CyanOwl

CyanOwl Void-Bound Voyager

I believe closed beta would work well. Just set up a time period where individuals can test the game and report. Those who are dedicated will have the motivation to do it. Others are attention seekers.

18. rancidshamble

rancidshamble Space Spelunker

Well of course but ya know what I mean :) I'll keep up with updates/pics/videos people put out there but I don't want to play until it's done. Maybe that's more clear?

19. Afterscore

Afterscore Weight of the Sky

I like how this topic has turned into a pseudo-beta testing sign up topic.

KKslida likes this.
  20. Zawrus

Zawrus Master Chief

I like how people think they're superior.

EDIT: People don't come to a Beta Testing topic to: "Hey everyone, I want other people, that is not me, test the game!!".