1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cosmin Negoita

Cosmin Negoita Phantasmal Quasar

I'm not sure If I got it right: after the beta is out, you'll still be able to preorder and get into the BETA? I am a little confused because I am really waiting to get hold of some more money to put on my card. I really want to play the game when the BETA is out!!!

2. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

If you'll buy the game, you'll be able to play beta version if there is one available. Simple. :)

xLyraHeartstringsx and warcore like this.
  3. Daxalog

Daxalog Subatomic Cosmonaut

From now on I will call this "Pulling a Wollay"

WoxandWarf, Endless Rain and warcore like this.
  4. Akimoto Kazume

Akimoto Kazume Scruffy Nerf-Herder

[​IMG] I cant wait

5. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I'm not going to lie in the slightest. I absolutely hate this idea with every fibre in my being. They're no better or deserving than the tens of thousands of us that have been waiting about two years now. The game will gain just as much popularity from them if they are given access at the same time as everyone else.

Gab, BrakSampson and Mikerlantz like this.
  6. Daxalog

Daxalog Subatomic Cosmonaut

Yeah, but yknow. Hype and all that stuff. More people who know the better.

7. SephirothWS

SephirothWS Phantasmal Quasar

Well just look at it this way: should this ever occur, just know that beta is coming, and it's gonna be real soon. :)

Luna likes this.
  8. Spike

Spike Supernova

So after the beta is out, you may still pre-order the full game, and get to play beta right away.

9. jlblackbird

jlblackbird Void-Bound Voyager

This is a great move on the part of the devs to be as transparent about Beta as they can without spoiling everything about their game.

I understand a lot of people are excited about this game (me included) but there's obviously some people on these forums that have been spoiled by the very active communication these developers employ. It's amazing to see developers talking and communicating this much with their fan base and it blows my mind when people are like "WE WANT MORE!" I mean, I get it. I want more, too. But I don't feel entitled to more as the developers are already doing DAILY updates, answering questions in the forums, and providing a Road Map to give you an idea on where they are in development.

Devs: Keep up the great work.

riseoflegends and Show like this.
  10. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

I honestly don't know how to respond to that other than 'I love you.'

SephirothWS likes this.
  11. Tyrindor

Tyrindor Space Kumquat

Tiy, I feel like many people expect the final game to release in 2013, however after reading some of your posts I sometimes get the impression that you mean beta is 2013, final release could be earlier 2014. If this is true someone on the team might want to clarify this before more people get set on an actual 2013 "release date". With that said, as far as i'm concerned take all the time you need.

Mikerlantz and Inco like this.
  12. Even though these youtubers are "no better or deserving" than us, it is their job to play and review games before they're released.
    It's like complaining that movie critics are just normal people and that they shouldn't be allowed to watch movies before they're out. It's their job to do so.

Not to mention that Chucklefish benefits from the youtubers. The more publicity and hype is created on the week of the release, the better off the developers are.

Active Link and WoxandWarf like this.
  13. Yes most of the Buyers took 2013 as the guaranteed date for the release of this game. There will be flame wars and people mad, but anyway, Beta will keep us busy, let's hope. :)

About Youtubers, they are literally PRESS right now, so as you all know, games do have previews to the press before the public, it's nothing to be mad about it, we have no right to control the team decisions in Marketing.

14. Mukin

Mukin Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Thank you for the clarification Tiy do not worry take the time you need and take the decision with calm and serenity

warcore likes this.
  15. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

I think we can all agree as long as we get a beta that's as good as a release;)

16. Serenity?

YatsandYets, WoxandWarf and warcore like this.
  17. Hugt

Hugt Phantasmal Quasar

Thanks a ton Tiy! I'm looking forward to the beta! Take your time and release what you think is best :up:

warcore likes this.
  18. warcore

warcore Existential Complex

then add a vague percentage bar to the road map and a number at the top each "1" in this value represents one thing in the todo list finished
    or if that's to much work and time wasting something like that:)
    edit like say 89/129 things done ...that kind of number value

19. Lusid

Lusid Pangalactic Porcupine

This was what i was figuring as i was reading through this thread. Well if nothing else Tiy, you can certainly say the game is plenty hyped and people are very excited to play your game. Perhaps a bit too much hype. How did this happen? I have no idea. But it's gone well past "Man i'm excited to play this game" to "okay okay okay okay what's left? What's still left?!". Not to persist on a question, but if you could think of any spoiler free way of letting us know how far we've yet to travel till beta, i'm sure that overall people can calm down a bit. I know i'm ready to tackle an obstacle course the likes of ninja warrior in order to get my hands on the game, but a big part of that is the unknown. Also the possible sadface that will follow if your 2013 release date is barely correct (meaning late this year). If we knew a bit more decisively how far is yet to go and that more things aren't being thrown on the pile to make the travel even further i think the cauldron of frothing rage would simmer down a bit.

Also this thread as a sticky is a great thing. But the thread list is getting to be like other forums, with the better part of the top of the page being stickies. Perhaps some should be un-tacked? The more stickies, the less likely people will read them. Though with the title here they probably will.

20. Necrius

Necrius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Welp, if devs can't guarantee even a YEAR of release, they really do not deserve all the preorder money they got.

OTKren likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.