1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Important BETA RELEASE DISCUSSION - DECEMBER 4TH (*ALL* beta discussion goes here. Other threads deleted)

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Jul 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. POCKoCLOCK

POCKoCLOCK Void-Bound Voyager

Still waiting on my email...but not much I can do until I get off work at 5. :(

2. Air tree

Air tree Industrial Terraformer

Steam is so bad on my connection, I have 18/Mbps internet and i'm downloading at 300/kbps-1.1mbps

3. Dr. Strangelove

Dr. Strangelove Orbital Explorer

Downloading now! This feels like a dream!

4. BoogieMan

BoogieMan Phantasmal Quasar

I have 2 crash reports/sceenshots to submit, but I can't post in the beta forum. Is there somewhere else I should use or just not submit them right now?

5. Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

Steam loves to ply games with me :D

First it listed no "Time Remaining", then "Time remaining" went upwards like an inverted countdown ... now it lists it as 52 minutes remaining ...
    thankfully this is probably incorrect as well as, acording to my extrapolation, download will be complete in ~30 minutes ..
    well, time enough to put a Pizza into the oven :D

6. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Wow the Game is big (1,3 GB) i am surprised. I would never had thought that it ist that big already. Can't wait until the download is finished ^^ ( for comparison Terraria = 48MB)

7. NickName

NickName Cosmic Narwhal

Did you checked out your humble libary maybe the key is already there.

8. MoonyJello

MoonyJello Existential Complex

A lot of the people on Twitch (including me) are having problems on Mac.

The game won't launch on Mac 10.6.8
    It crashes instantly.

You don't even see the window open.

9. Chompy

Chompy Cosmic Narwhal

My internet died (people came out to fix the up and down problems we were having, and the entirely broken phone), when I was at almost 90%. Back up now. Yay!
    Congrats to the devs! :)

10. benuhfante

benuhfante Intergalactic Tourist

Having the same problems on 10.6.8. Also found someone on 10.6.8 put up the same error report on pastebin: http://pastebin.com/Nd0U1djU . I know it's early access/beta but It'd be nice to be able to at least see the start screen for the game I just bought.

11. Litagano Motscoud

Litagano Motscoud Master Astronaut

Unfortunately I had to get back to schoolwork a little bit after I played a while :(

But those few minutes were AWESOME.

12. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

so, I downloaded the game on my desktop. The game runs, but it's quite laggy. I was wondering if anything could remedy the situation?

13. XenonCoss

XenonCoss Aquatic Astronaut

Some quality settings would be nice for folks with lower spec computers.

14. Kozmas

Kozmas Void-Bound Voyager

Just wondering one question. I wasn't able to find a separate download link to the game, just for Steam. Will that be given out at a later date, because I'm not really a fan of Steam.

15. Anhita

Anhita Void-Bound Voyager

Considering my laptop is a toaster that cant run the game, That would be nice.

16. crust

crust Yeah, You!

just wondering if 1360x678 will be added

17. NationalKato

NationalKato Space Hobo

Got my key, downloaded, installed, character created, my excitement high...boom, key mapping locked to standard Right-Handed layout with no ability to map the arrow keys or anything else. Left-Handers are out of luck with this game? Chucklefish, say it ain't so!

18. Yocjo

Yocjo Master Chief

I downloaded the game but i can't start it. If i click on 'Run' nothing happens. I'm running on Windows 7 64 Bit. I tried run as administrator but it didnt work. :(

Drofox likes this.
  19. Ovnidemon

Ovnidemon Void-Bound Voyager

How do we receive the game? I still have nothing.

Edit: Sorry, Steam didn't add it to the library but I have it.

20. TrueWOPR

TrueWOPR Void-Bound Voyager

Well I'm already having the problem of "it won't start"
    Both normal and safe modes start up, I hear a chuckle
    then it freezes here for 10 minutes... and there it stays... frozen... I've tried various restarts and this one I'm keeping open.
    this far.JPG

Edit: I've been frozen for half an hour on the launcher now. Just that dang chucklefish logo. Really wanted to play this game too but it doesn't seem to want to let me play it. Help..?

Last edited: Dec 4, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.