1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Bees! v:Unstable/Pre 1.0

A massive addition to Starbound centered around Beekeeping! +Armor, Blocks, Furniture, and tons more

1. MrHat

MrHat Void-Bound Voyager

Not sure if this intentional or not, but when you centrifuge a honey comb, the beeswax will end up in the input slot.

[​IMG]

2. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Not entirely sure what the screenshot was for, but that's because the input slot is the first slot of the centrifuge. It's a tradeoff, if it's slot 1, then you can shift click the item in. If you only place 1 item in, it will place the output item also in slot 1.
    If i make it the last slot, shift click puts the item in output.

3. MrHat

MrHat Void-Bound Voyager

The screenshot was meant for the beeswax to be in the Centrifuge. I didn't know that the Centrifuge would eat the beeswax as well.

4. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

I'll take care of it. I admittedly never tested putting just one item in them. If you put several combs in it will place them to the right. It shouldn't take long.[DOUBLEPOST=1422579903][/DOUBLEPOST]Alright, the current version just got a fix for that patched in. Didn't want to do a full update since it's not a giant issue. You can redownload if you would like.

5. MrHat

MrHat Void-Bound Voyager

Thanks.

6. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Hello, I'm playing on the new stable upbeat giraffe, and was using your mod v5, the latest one according to here and your official website, and when I placed down the bee crafting table, it just dissapeared? :eek:
    Please help!

7. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Could you please copy paste your starbound.log inside of the starbound/giraffe_storage to me? Otherwise I can't be of much help. Are you playing single player?[DOUBLEPOST=1422660805][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Well, just in case I'm not around when you reply... Make sure you installed the mod correctly. Make sure if you're playing on a server, the server has the mod installed. You can not bring a mod's items to a server without the mod being installed on that server.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  8. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

My friend and I put the mod back on the server and tried it again, andddd now it seems to work just fine. Sorry for bothering you! :eek:

9. Lance Hancock

Lance Hancock Existential Complex

I am having problems getting my iron bees to do anything. I know they are miner bees I put an Iron frame in it to see if that would do anything, it didn't. I set flowers around it. Nothing worked I am on a forest biome. If I have to go to anther planet to place them which one and how do get a frame that lets me have iron bees on whatever planet I want if this is the case?

10. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

My bees seemed to not be working earlier, but I broke the apiaries and replaced them, and they started working agian.. weird.

Anyways! I wanted to make a couple suggestions, if you're open to that?

• A wooden shelf to place on the wall, with maybe a candle, and some different bottles of honey on it? :idea:
      I'm really wanting somewhere to store my honey, and I thought that'd be neat. So kinda like the honey
      comb locker, but obviously, for jars of honey.
    • I'd really like it if the honey jars were actually placeable, so I can set them down as decoration. I'm not sure
      if that's something you'd be able to do.. but it'd be awesome ;)
    • A way to jar bees, like the vanilla insects, so they are placeable. Some of them are very pretty.:love:
    • More decorative stuff, like a cute old school type stone stove or something with a honey pot on it, overflowing
      with drips running down, or large pots that say honey on them, also messy and with drips, or anything really..
      just because well, it'd be awesomee?
    I'm really enjoying the bees so far, and I feel like in order to make my bee area more.. bee-like, and more functional it could use a few more bee items. :giggle:

11. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

When I put my mythical combs into the industrial centrifuge, the machine makes the noise, but nothing happens.:geek:?
    I'm unsure as to if they are supposed to have an ouput, or what the output even is. >.<

12. poweredbygamespy

poweredbygamespy Phantasmal Quasar

the download link seems to be broken? it showa me a dropbox error[DOUBLEPOST=1423095457][/DOUBLEPOST]actually i clicked again and it started downloading ^^

Last edited: Feb 5, 2015
  13. crazygreggy

crazygreggy Phantasmal Quasar

One major ( and pleasant ) difference in this version compared to earlier ones is the lack of any lag when running numerous hives with any number of bees circling around. A definite improvement. BTW, should Hardy bees ( Hardy Queen and several Hardy drones ) produce Adaptive bees rather than more Hardy bees?

14. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

Are they? Sorry, i have been busy. I have like, 30 days notice to find a place to live. May have found one, so I'll take a look as soon as I can.

I'll take a look at that, it's possible that I overlooked giving them a new output with the last patch (and likely).

Let me take a look, the miner bees are just supposed to collect a different comb type with the frame. There are no longer iron bees.

If i find a pixel artist I can give those a shot, but for now I don't have anyone working with me.[DOUBLEPOST=1423240703][/DOUBLEPOST]As far as the iron combs go, I was getting them about 10%-20% of the time, and the regular combs from those bees the rest of the time. I increased the ore-comb rate a bit, but it is intended to be a bit slower. Otherwise 5-10 minutes could yield you 100 ore. It's closer to 20 now. If it still feels too slow after the next update, let me know.[DOUBLEPOST=1423241021][/DOUBLEPOST]Just fixed the hardy/adaptive issue. That will be in the next patch. (I'll probably post it in a little while.)[DOUBLEPOST=1423241134][/DOUBLEPOST]The centrifuge issue: Typo in the script on the word "mythical". That should also be fixed for the next patch.[DOUBLEPOST=1423241651][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, the iron/silver/etc combs will now spawn a bit more often. They're still slower than the default miner comb. There's some RNG (random math) in it.

Previously:
    • 60% chance with no frame for the regular coal-bearing comb each time the timer completes.
    • With a frame: 60% chance of a regular comb, 24% of the special comb. 16% chance to spawn nothing until the timer finishes again.
    Now, with a frame, it should be a 60-40 split. Meaning, there's zero chance that you won't get a comb (when the script check is done). You should get 2 ore and 3 coal combs on average, but it can be a little bit random. You could end up with 10 and 35, or 20 and 20 of each, etc.. over time. Having multiple apiaries, you should see it approach that split if you average out the comb distribution.[DOUBLEPOST=1423241817][/DOUBLEPOST](Also, in the case that anyone is worried that the frames for better comb production might negatively affect the miner bees: They only decrease the spawn timer. They should have no effect on that 60%-40% distribution.)[DOUBLEPOST=1423242215][/DOUBLEPOST]Okay, all of those issues appear to be fixed. I'm going to bug test and double check things a bit. If there are any more suggestions/questions/bugs let me know. I'm going to hotfix the fixed files into the current version at the normal download location.[DOUBLEPOST=1423242717][/DOUBLEPOST]The current download has the fixed content included. I just updated it. Feel free to re-download if you are experiencing the issues mentioned.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  15. crazygreggy

New update fixed the Hardy/Adaptive bee issue! Thanks Cactaur and good house hunting.

16. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Wondering where one gets silky combs from?

And what are godly combs for?
    I finally got some Godly bees last night, got the first comb, threw it into my centrifuge, and it took the comb from the input, and placed it into the output.
    It's like it doesn't like the comb or something. >.<

17. crazygreggy

Mmmm.Just a stab in the dark here but looking at my beemod crafting bench it would appear that Godly Combs are required for making the Queens Outfit - the best armor this mod produces.

18. Timidx3

Timidx3 Big Damn Hero

Oh.. So I guess they're just used for crafting, and can't actually be processed then? :eek:

19. crazygreggy

I know, Cactaur has had to trim a lot of excess so no processing for now ( maybe later? ) Still, the mod was up in near record time so I'm sure someone as creative as Cactaur has proven to be will add more content.

20. Cactuar

Cactuar Ketchup Robot

They can be processed, in a way that actually makes them more useful than just for the armor (temporarily). Place more than one in an industrial centrifuge. Place a jarring machine next to it. The combs should generate honey without expiration. This will change, but i figured I would leave it as is for now. I would love ideas for end tier items to make from godly combs, and still totally need a new pixel artist and maybe some brainstorming for early-mid content ideas, which will also need a pixel artist once they're on paper.[DOUBLEPOST=1423275481][/DOUBLEPOST](Also.. a bee mount would be lovely. Artistic talent.. how i wish i had some.)