1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Avali (Triage) 1.11.0

Return of the most adorable predators this side of the universe rift

1. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

Ahh. I'll just disable it on the fridges then.

2. aBOXofTOM

aBOXofTOM Pangalactic Porcupine

i have no idea. looking at the object files for both that and the vanilla fridges i cant see any differences that would actually make a difference. it might be something with a mod like comet1337 said. or it might just be that cramming so much food into your fridge caused said food to achieve critical density and begin atomic fusion, and what we're looking at now is the radioactive remnants of what was previously your food supply?

3. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

I'm going to power my ship with nothing but peanut butter sandwiches.

hypergen8 and Lodish like this.
  4. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

While I understand the surprising amount of energy stored in food when compared to high explosives, since HE is mostly oxidizer, I do believe you're better off fuelling your ship with nuclear means.

5. aBOXofTOM

aBOXofTOM Pangalactic Porcupine

If you cram enough of it into a small enough space, anything is nuclear.

6. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

And if you cram it into an even smaller space you can get a black hole... Hmmm, black hole sandwich...

7. MrVauxs

MrVauxs Giant Laser Beams

Take that to the next level
    Take light into 1mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm of space and you get Kugelblitz

8. MrVauxs

I am sorry

He hit the Spaghettification point
    R.I.P.

9. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Technically you put so much energy into EM radiation that its wavelength gets smaller than the Planck length. Not sure how long it will last though, and forcing that much energy together might cause energy to mass synthesis. Kinda like when you compress a gas, it can turn into liquid.

10. MrVauxs

Wait then energy will turn into what
    plasma?

11. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

I'm just speculating at this stage; fun fact, black holes break physics. No, seriously. our current models simply don't work in those conditions, and it doesn't help that we can't see what's behind the veil of the event horizon.

And plasma is a state of matter, so maybe? Once the energy turns into matter, there would still be plenty of energy that didn't. The energy would probably decay into heat, which would certainly be enough to to turn any matter into plasma, maybe even cause fusion. It might also just violently explode.

12. MrVauxs

13. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Yes, I've seen that video, so I might as well bring up this one:

Our kugelblitz would be closer to the 5 gram black hole. Unless you've got an insane amount of energy, than it would be simpler just to do some nasty things to an existing star.

MrVauxs and hypergen8 like this.
  14. MrVauxs

15. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Fridges were never meant to preserve food indefinitely.

Tempting to make a mod that allows freezing food properly, makes it unedible until thawed, and unspoilable.

Totally looking forwards to chowing down on bicentennial apple pie!

16. Scival

Scival Oxygen Tank

but that's what the vanilla fridges do

Last edited: Dec 20, 2016
  17. MrVauxs

that would be interesting making a liquid nitrogen fueled cooling storage unit
    Portal 2 days....

18. Fevix

Fevix Heliosphere

Like Scival said, that's exactly what vanilla fridges do. They add a rot multiplier of 0 to whatever you put in them, halting the spoiling process entirely.

19. Dipdoo

Dipdoo Existential Complex

Why stop at nitrogen? We could use helium and have a self-cycling cooler!

20. Roland Weiss

Roland Weiss Tiy's Beard

Because at temperatures that cold, there isn't a gasket in the universe that won't freeze up and fail. And helium is hard enough to hold on to under normal conditions.