1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. triggertried

triggertried Astral Cartographer

I dont think Ryuujin was too impressed when I got on the topic of what the Avali might sound like. Im still unsure if they are chipmonk or higher... but ah well... dead topic. I wonder if there is an audio sample of what they sound like when they talk. Stitch is too low... so whats higher?

Needless to say, it's all starting to grown on me.

2. Aryto

Aryto Subatomic Cosmonaut

On the topic of things that are going to be things, and since District 9 was brought up, do any Avali weapons have biometric security features (In D9's case, it required a DNA signature) built into them which would prevent a gun from firing or a sword from generating a blade?

Obviously it wouldn't make any sense for the weapons available to ANY race from Avali merchants (unless we're talking about sleazy scam merchants =p), but I'd figure something like that would exist for military purposes and such. Also I suppose the possibility exists that security technology like that could be programmable, able to be disabled, or re-written for a new user... hmmm *brainwheels*

3. triggertried

Well, if the race were say allowed to be Cannon, as far as I can tell you can use any races weaponry. So for the game, it wouldnt be implimented, but for the Wiki... a possibility.

4. Servine

Servine Phantasmal Quasar

triggertried likes this.
  5. triggertried

As I was drawing, does anyone care to share what the Avali nostrils might look like?

6. triggertried

Listening to this while I brainstorm some Avali walker ideas.

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes, in fact the examine dialogue of one of the new props (a weapon mounted on a wall) actually says as much, explaining that only authorised users (presumably via the users personal ID chip) can use a weapon. Their export weapons no doubt have the feature disabled unless the buyer is willing to get chipped; the biometrics is less to stop aliens obtaining their weapons, and more a matter of safety.

They don't ;)

I see people drawing their nostrils in all sorts of ways, catlike, dragonlike... in actual fact if they probably don't have any. I've deliberately kept the option open in case of retconning the idea - that they're just really small and hidden below their fluff; but for now the official answer is they don't have any, and instead use a system more like snakes (Which have an organ in the roof of their mouth that functions as a sense of smell). But basiclly I havn't had good reason to swing that design aspect in either direction and if they have nostrils, they're very hard to see

8. triggertried

Well snakes Do have nostrils, not for smelling but for general breathing. Snakes have to have that or they might pass out when swallowing food. However as the Avali aren't snakes... Idk, I think having no nostrils and having to breath through the mouth isnt quite a natural evolution process no matter what species you deal with. (Unless your a fish) But ya, leaving it up to interpretation is nice.

9. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

There's several other modes of breathing that can be used in theory, but yes the lack of an additional airway could be a problem anatomically, though not all creatures have that airway on their "nose" (dolphins and whales for example have their "nostrils" in the form of a blowhole on the *top* of their head). Similarly Avali breathe methane and given their digestive processes may also produce methane they may not need a great deal of it from respiration.

...then you have turtles, which can
    breathe out their ass, no joke

10. triggertried

Uhhhh.... Butt breathing.... well ahem.... Ill go with dolphin/wales for 500 please. imagine getting a cold... and having to blow snot out the top of your head.

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

it'd make an interesting coloured water spout...

12. Jardi-Gol

Jardi-Gol Big Damn Hero

OK, I'm testing the Race at our server.
    Good Work.

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  13. Icebelly

Icebelly Weight of the Sky

Well. That's nasty to think about.

14. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

Imagine a bloody nose outta the top of your head

15. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

And this kids, is what we call broadening your horizons of knowledge ;)

If only your biology teacher highlighted this sort've thing instead of rattling on about plant anatomy :p

16. KhanTigon

KhanTigon Poptop Tamer

I wonder when they will get the upper tier equips... I mean, the lore is epic and their tech is amazing, I can't help but imagine how their impervium gear must be like o.o

17. Ninja Serenity

Ninja Serenity Big Damn Hero

there's something that I've been wondering about, and haven't seen the answer anywhere: How small are the Avali compared to humans? Because it's been mentioned many times that they're smaller than most species, but by how much?

18. triggertried

it says that they are smaller than their pray... but no definition has been given of the size of pray they fight. Im assuming that their pray is larger than a human, possibly making avali close to the same size. Maybe 5'4" to 6' at max.

Thats my educated guess.

19. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

There used to be an image showing height compared to a human, but it looks like it got lost when everything was moved to the wiki.

If I recall correctly, the official height was around 3.5', so just a little over half that of a human.

20. Servine

Servine Phantasmal Quasar

AWWW SIIIICK.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.