1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Out of curiosity, is anyone (Ryujin or otherwise) interested in making some sort of Avali compatibility for madtulip? Starting with avian stuff on an avian ship be weird, yo. :p

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Strangely, mad tulips' ship mod gives avali an "avali" ship

Whereas the other races simply give players a human ship, the Avali have their own folder and ship world file which is a duplicate of the avian ship, I suspect he intended to give them their proper starter gear but for some reason changed his mind.

3. EchoesOfRain

EchoesOfRain Big Damn Hero

I'm curious, does anyone think the Avali will ever be officially implemented into the game?

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Almost certainly not

5. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

On the other hand, they can't exactly claim the novakids as a stretch goal anymore... :p

*shrug* Silliness abounds.

6. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

If cloning is illegal by the Avali's laws, how would you explain the respawn mechanics? For every other race, it seems there's a clone made of your character... I get the feeling for the Avali it's less "whoops, you died and now you need a new body" and more "whoops, you nearly died but it's a good thign you have those handy-dandy implants to yank you back to the ship, right?"

7. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

the novakid and their lore fit the general theme. the avali lore is far more detailed to the point that, in my opinion, the lore of the other races is akin to fingerpainting by comparison.

its all good lore.

they are just different. Theme-wise I mean.

8. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

They... definitely can. Novakid will eventually be implemented in the core game. They're also, you know... humanoid, whereas the avali aren't.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  9. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Are you sure you aren't looking at a download from a modpack, I know there's a few unofficial and poorly distributed avali patches (I made one with apex tilesets).

10. Sparrows

Sparrows Pangalactic Porcupine

You sure do like second-guessing literally everybody, don'tcha? ;P

11. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

ah, so that's how big they are to humans. to be honest, I truly adore just how small, yet clever they can be. just goes to show you, size really does not matter. it how you use your size that counts.

12. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

I'm just saying there's a possibility, there's an incredibly small chance he may be looking at the one from the modpack for the private server, better safe than sorry.

13. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Not that, I meant the whole 'there's already a mod for it' thing. :v

14. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

...and? Doesn't change that they'll be added to vanilla as promised.

15. Twei

Twei Big Damn Hero

Yeah, but a stretch goal implies that it's a stretch and actually takes significant work.

...know what, forget about it. It was a silly post to begin with. :p

16. Shurhaian

Shurhaian Phantasmal Quasar

Sorta speaking of lore - what are the odds of item investigation dialog getting customised for Avali as time goes on? It's honestly one of the most jarring things for me when playing a custom race, that anything which isn't specifically theirs tends to go right to human item descriptions.

(And I don't even like the human descriptions. The other races paint a picture of their culture, kind of in reverse, by how they look at items. Humans just make a bunch of quips that I quickly find growing stale.)

OssomSagax likes this.
  17. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

Well, I wouldn't imagine examine info is incredibly difficult to add, but it's almost certainly time consuming and low-priority.

I'm sure it'll eventually happen, but don't hold your breath.

18. OssomSagax

OssomSagax Cosmic Narwhal

Hey, Ryuujin? Can we get some ship art? I'm curious as to how the rest of the fleet looks :3

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

He already said this was planned but it's currently low priority.
    Also low priority, he's busy working on making the weapons go up to all the tiers instead of just 4 because that's a much more pertinent issue.

20. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I love how you second guess me when i make a statement about modding (Something I think i know a thing or two about) telling me I'm probably wrong, and then you speak for me on another topic.

As it happens i plan on drawing up ship art in the next day or two, simply because it's becoming increasingly important for fleshing out the wiki. While low importance for the mod, for the wiki/race development it's becomign increasingly rpessing

It'll be a thing eventually, just not at this time. I'll be addressing the melee weapons and guns first, and adding a few more props.

You even think i've even downloaded your mod pack? - i have to keep my installation very clean and carefully tracked to ensure no cross-contamination. If I just unzipepd the mod pack into my game for exmaple, I'd over-write my current build

OssomSagax likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.