1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

oh
    well
    you can upload files directly just by taking a screenshot (printscreen, then saving it in paint), or upload it to another site and link the image from there.

2. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

If you post your file to some online site (I use Dropbox, some use imgur), then copy the link to the image, put it in the window that pops up when you click the aforementioned button, it will put it in.

3. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

Thank you. I wanted to upload a picture of my attempt at Avali construction, see what you guys thought and get some tips.

4. InADarkMirror

InADarkMirror Scruffy Nerf-Herder

If I wanted to delete my universe in preparation for clearing out some mods, are there any files I need to keep in the Universe folder, or if I delete all contents will they safely regenerate?

5. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

pretty sure you just burn everything in the folder

unrelated: but I was mildly dissapointed to visit a cove type planet and not find any underwater anythings, plus cove planets seem perfect for those kite structure things ryuujin was talking about WAAAAAY back.

6. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

You can burn everything, though one of the files records your tech progress, deleting that will mean needing to re-obtain the starmaps and stuff if retaining your old character

7. InADarkMirror

So if I leave behind any files that aren't just random strings of characters I should be safe?

8. Deathedge736

Deathedge736 Giant Laser Beams

if it says .world at the end. Burn it.

If it does not. Keep it.

9. RainbowShy

RainbowShy Pangalactic Porcupine

Not quite done, I still need to put in the den (sleeping area), but much better.

[​IMG]

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
  10. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

I'm rapidly learning that instead of full settlements, ryuujin has gone and populated the universe with 3 man outposts, I suppose I can't talk as that is exactly what I'm building right now

11. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yeah I'm cutting back the spawn rate of minor settlements next update :p

12. Deathedge736

nah I have found full settlements.

13. 0deneb0

Yeah, good idea. the last 5 planets I visited all had at least 1 Avali outpost.

14. awareqwx

awareqwx Cosmic Narwhal

Now about that expansionist theory...

Icebelly and 0deneb0 like this.
  15. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

does this qualify as manifest destiny?

0deneb0 likes this.
  16. legoracer

legoracer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

More testing:
    avali_hair4.png

In my opinion, the hairstyle in column 2 works better for males while the style in column 1 might work better for females. (And from what I've seen of the .species file, hairstyles can be defined per gender.) So I'm thinking I could keep both patterns and just use one for each gender.

The third column contains yet another new style. Input would be appreciated. :)

Shard of Sorrow likes this.
  17. InADarkMirror

Mohawk-fan is fantastic and you should give yourself a pat on the back for spriting it.

18. 0deneb0

Moehawks... on... Avali's... Badass and adorable stuffed into one raptor shaped package. I like :rainbowbarf:

19. Deathedge736

im not a fan of it. but its not bad work so go with it.

20. ProkhorVLG

ProkhorVLG Existential Complex

Does anyone have any idea what year AD does Starbound take place? It seems to feature tech from now, close future, and distant future...

And, I'd love to ask, what sort of time keeping system to the Avali use?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.