1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Avali Race Mod 0.12.4

The only fluffy nomadic space raptors!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlciyaDragonash

AlciyaDragonash Void-Bound Voyager

ah... is my first time modding starbound, so, didn't know that using mod managers was bad idea... *derps* i'll try and do it without.

2. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yeah, I keep making the text bolder and bigger but, on average at least 1 person a day tries to install this using a mod manager instead of following the single-line installation instructions :p

3. AlciyaDragonash

and i'd do the same for the character creator mod?

4. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

Yes, the character creation mod too. All mods go into /mods/ unless it says otherwise

5. AlciyaDragonash

kewl, thanks. sorry for being noobish ^_^;

6. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

quick question, do the avali armors and clothing support dying?

7. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

The clothes do, the armour doesn't but I plan to address that after the settlement patch where I'll be focusing on weapons and armour.

8. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

People still miss the installation text to not use mod manager, you should just make it your first line, in big text, Really big text

9. Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

I can't wait for you to finish the rest of their architecture, I so want to build a nice tent house.

10. FatsackTony

FatsackTony Phantasmal Quasar

Ah, didn't see that about not using a mod manager. And nobody NEEDS a mod manager, we use them for convenience and to be able to uninstall a mod without tracking down every little file.

When we unzip is it suppossed to look like starbound/mods/avali/(mod files and folders) or is it more messy like
    starbound/mods/(mod files and folders)

11. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

This is the mods folder, this is all you need to do[​IMG]

Starbound has a built in mod loader anyway

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 28, 2014
    Kawa likes this.
  12. FatsackTony

FatsackTony Phantasmal Quasar

ok, thanks!

update
    well I tried what the guy above said, and I still have the same errors. I tried removing each race mod one by one and the problem persists. I even tried adding them back in each by themselves, and the problem persists.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  13. Raindrac

Raindrac Existential Complex

And your mod is now officially the top mod on the repository. Congrats, it deserves it!

MetaSieg likes this.
  14. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

O,o - How'd it... ah, some sour-puss gave industrialcraft a big vote down. I still can't believe it's proven so popular >.<

Have you tried deleting the mdos completely and reinstalling them from fresh/ - I suspect the mod loader may have altered files in /assets and /mods

Last edited: Jan 28, 2014
  15. Samus0000

Samus0000 Void-Bound Voyager

The fact that you think this mod would never get this popular is just silly I mean you made a race that is completely original, which is hard do. I would love to use this mod but I am waiting for this hotfix update to come out.

Also Hi.

16. Caligan_Soulice

Caligan_Soulice Scruffy Nerf-Herder

That is something I checked, I deleted the entirety of the mods folder, and then reinstalled the mods into the folder to check. The problem actually was the other way around. The Server mods folder apparently had 3 copies of the materials file after the update went live. How that happened I won't ever know, though I'm assuming it might of been one of the other admins who have access to the server files accidentally uploaded the Avali files more than once after I had done so. So I deleted it all, reinstalled all the mods to the server, and that fixed it.

I will have to say though, everyone who plays on my server, LOVES the Avali mod. So I definitely have to thank you for making such an amazing mod!

RyuujinZERO likes this.
  17. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

It's actually exactly because it's original I thought it wouldn't get much attention. Expected people to go with more familiar races, like anime stuff, MLP, furries or even the Sergal has a fairly large pre-existing fan base.

Also, hi ;)

Starhowl likes this.
  18. Nalkari

Nalkari Void-Bound Voyager

Theres a Server running with Avalis ? *.*

19. RyuujinZERO

RyuujinZERO Supernova

I know of a few private ones, but publicly there's:
    http://www.free-universe.com/
    http://www.bkg.me/

There might be more, but they havn't contacted me to say if there is.

20. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

I'm surprised you passed the ponymod, seeing how popular that stuff is

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.