RP Avali Nexus: The RP thread

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Sirius walks into the hall in time to see this.
    "...What do you think you're doing?"

2. joeyseafood

joeyseafood Phantasmal Quasar

Reclaiming something that was unrightfuly stolen
    *cointueus to pick the lock*

3. TheTrueUmbrakiin

"Well, could you do it without picking the lock?"

4. joeyseafood

Do you want me to blow the door down or something?
    *stops all efforts of picking the lock*

5. TheTrueUmbrakiin

"Obviously not."

6. joeyseafood

Then what other way is their to open a locked door besides blowing it down or picking a lock?

7. TheTrueUmbrakiin

Sirius simply turns the knob and opens the door, as carter had locked the box away- not his room.

8. joeyseafood

That works too.
    *walks into the room and looks for a drawer or whatever the box is currently in*

9. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Somewhere in the depths of space... On a small white Avali frigate... Which hasn't moved much at all since last time...

Thingamajig!

Here!
    Whaddyacallit?
    To your left!
    Other thingy...
    Uh... Oh, there it is!
    At this rate we'll 'ave comms in no time flat!
    Eh? I thought we were working on the FTL drive!

Yeah... No. The Shift Drive's never, and I'd say that 'n italics if I could speak 'n text, goin' t'function.
    So... We're really stuck?

Not if we get this here workin'... Just gotta hope those who find us'll be friendly.....

10. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

she is currently staying with Celireks back on celarra... she will not be coming with us on this trip.

*she sighed and smiled lightly*

11. joeyseafood

That's a shame, I was hoping to see him before I move on

12. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

Wren walks over to his room, closing the door behind him. He then walks over to his bunk, and plops down into it
    Wow. Hasn't even been a day, but it already feels like longer...
    //Whats up with the slowness of our rp, guys?

13. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

{Bleh headache is fucking with my writing style.}

Galaxion looked down the hallway from which the stone giant had come from, seeing two doorways followed quickly by the hallway terminating. He slowly walked to the cross, taking in the inches of text carved all over. He then looked through the plain, smooth doorway to his right. Inside was more automatons. Each of it's own accord then saw Galaxion, turned it's head, hummed in acknowledgement, and turned back to the others. With nothing else, Galaxion looked to his left.

The doorway was curved in places, carved to an expensive and detailed amount, which framing the sight within: three large stone blocks tightly placed against each other. They all were covered in slits that glowed blue, and the middle one was smaller, with a large spherical depression that contained a flare of more light. He stepped forward, watching it change in brightness every second.

Now closer, Galaxion examined the light. It was emanating from a silver sphere that twisted and turned as pinpoints of light lit up pathways across the surface.

It took an entire second to realize he was looking at an light-based AI, exactly like what the Alliance used. It was very small for the databanks next to it, possibly only useful for calculations or overseeing. He then turned his head towards the floor, suddenly aware he had subconsciously leaned on a flat panel that glowed entirely blue. A lighter shade of this blue seemed to be creating abstract shapes.

And then Galaxion mentally slapped himself for being stupid, because it was a simple keyboard and console. He looked at the message across the top, his mind interpreting the alien language.

> Hello.

That's... Impossible, He thought, before a delayed recall reminded him that his cruiser's AI was also abnormally powerful for it's size. He reached for the keys, taking a second between each glyph-press.

> How did you get here?

> I was built over several million years ago. My creators donated it to this Hospital. I was a thank-you gift, you could say.

> But this technology only existed 50 years ago.

> And what other advancements might you have?

It was an odd request, but Galaxion obliged.

> We can produce artificial, planar gravity. We can turn light into a propulsion. We can travel across this entire galaxy in weeks.

> I'm afraid you cannot make claim to those technologies.

Bay 207, Home Fleet ship The Flight of Worlds.

"Uhh, alright. This ship is cleared for lift-off."

"Thank you."

It may have been odd, but the engineer wasn't asking any questions. The AI seemed to be acting on a living creature's orders, so the novakid took it as fine. He pressed the button to open the bay, a plasma field holding in the atmosphere. A side door opened.

> What do you mean?

> You know how these technologies work? As in the precise science behind them?

Galaxion took as second to realize what the AI meant.

> No.

> There are forces beyond your control. If your civilization learned of them now, it would be catastrophic, so I may only say this:

> My creators made a deal with those forces. They bathed in what it brought, in exchange for something that would be no problem while they are alive.

> You are lucky that you may use this technology without having to do the same.

> I assume that there are leaders who have blotted out this information, as it came with the technology. They are doing this for your own good. Your leaders are on your side.

The engineer looked to his left in surprise at the unmarked, masked soldiers, one of which carried heavy weaponry. Standing out from this crowd was the human President Chandlar.

One of the soldiers shouted into the air as they spread across the metal plates. "Don't let it out of the bay!" The engineer, confused walked over to the President.

"Mr. Chandlar, sir, who are these people?"

The President slipped out something from his pocket. "Don't worry. They are Alliance soldiers. That is all-" -he tapped it to the back of the engineer's neck- "-you need to know." The engineer fell to the ground.

> You also talked about warp technology. What do you know about it?

> We tunnel through another dimension.

> I can say only this:

> The tunnel walls are not to be taken lightly. They protect you from what's beyond.

The heavy weapons soldier took aim as Galaxion's cruiser lifted up to meet with the opened hole, even as the doors reversed to close the seal.

"Hold on, do you hear that?"

A hum filled the air.

"Son of a bitch! It's trying to-"

> I have much more to say, and less to say.

> Whatever enemies your civilization may have now are insignificant compared to my creators.

> Whatever it takes, you must never explore Andromeda.

> For your civilization, you will be outnumbered and outgunned.

> For you, I have grave news.

> The work golems did not attack you. The genetic residue you are leaving on the keypad is also telling a story.

> If the worst comes to your civilization, you will not be fighting for the worlds you love. This is because my creators had a hand in your special experience.

> Again, the Qua'ada were not a primitive race of long ago. They were the galactic empire, and allies in hand with my creators.

The ship disappeared with a forceful boom, and with it went 60 percent of all atmosphere in the bay.

"Shit! Depressurized!" The soldier ran over to Chandlar, and forcefully placed a mask over his face, the President wheezing as is lungs recovered.

"The ship jumped. The mission has failed, over." His hand weakly dropped from his earpiece.

> That is all I have to say.

{Fucking hell this headache.}

TheTrueUmbrakiin and Shaadaris like this.
  14. Shaadaris

Shaadaris Giant Laser Beams

Somewhere in Space... On the same ship as before... Still exactly where it was before...

Pin! I'm getting a signal!
    Oh! Quick, send a d'stress signal!
    Uh... Um...
    *Ahem*
    Hello? This is the Albino... Um... I'm Nirisae and that's my ship...
    Well it's not really my ship but I didn't steal it or anyt-
    Get to the point!
    Right! Um... S-so basically our FTL drive... It kinda ejected.

We're stuck, basically.
    Umm... Any help would be appreciated a-and... wedon'thaveanythingworthstealing!
    Uh... Right. Oh, and the ship's Avali, and I'm Avali, so...
    Unless you're Avali d-don't open the door!
    Someone please get this message...
    Ya really aren't good at thinkin' on the fly, are ya?

Last edited: May 24, 2015
  15. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

{In the name of the Western Rail Corporation, let's railroad this bitch.}

To everyone who's right outside the ship, two soldiers walk up. Their heavy, full-body armor is a gunmetal gray splashed with a dusty red, decorated by an abstraction of an eagle. They both hold assault rifles in their hands. A electronically-distorted voice calls to you all from the left one.

"Good day, citizens. I would like you all to identify yourselves."

16. Coritus_Jones

Coritus_Jones Ketchup Robot

Carter walks back from the bar and stops a couple meters behind the soldiers.

"Uh...hello?"

17. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

*Elai and Nix look at each other, then Elai turns to the two*
    greetin'. name's Nefaru Kirash, an' this is my ship, i ha' it custom designed to fit the storage needs for transportation of fragil' goods.
    an' this *gestures to Nix who waves back* is my wife an' packmate, Cyr, she doesn' talk much, we're currently awaitin' a contract that is here to pick up some goods.
    the others here, *gestures to the general group* is some friends, as a trader i have pick up quite a few of those. now what is your business here? i have trading permits and docking clearance.

18. Coritus_Jones

Carter watches this with a slightly confused look on his face.

19. TheTrueUmbrakiin

Sirius heads out, hearing this. He's dressed in his normal black getup, maskless. The soldiers might recognize him if they've looked at bounty lists in the past week.
    Hm. Good thinking.

20. Coritus_Jones

Behind the soldiers, the crew can see Carter looking quizzically at Elai and Nix before walking up to the soldiers more, ready to say something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.