Avali Nexus the 12th: Fluffified Zodiacs

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Corosar, Nov 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

[​IMG]
    the plane is trailing smoke, the plane is piloted by malaysia
    Brilliant!

Higuera, Ehksidian and Intrebute like this.
  2. 0deneb0

0deneb0 Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

It's perfect! NO ONE EXPECTS AN APEX SCIENTIST TO ACTUALLY BE A HUMAN!!!

3. lonewolf1358

lonewolf1358 Guest

//Is this a mod, or something?
    If so, please link me to it. If not, what is the name of it? I can't find that name in the planes folder.

4. SCN-3_<NULL>

//it's in the bombers folder in object named TDU-17, just move it to the airplanes folder and you got yourself a super weapon, take note there still alot of .ini editing to make it work properly(player camera)
    //the recent height record achievement is done using that aircraft.[DOUBLEPOST=1416822582][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]
    what am I still doing this

Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  5. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

// ALRIGHT EVERYONE! YOU ARE NOW HIRED TO BE A PART OF MY PROJECT! THAT MEANS I NOW WANT YOU ALL TO DISCUSS IF YOU WANT NUCLEAR POWER IN YOUR COUNTRY! WHY OR WHY NOT?

6. SCN-3_<NULL>

//want because large amount of energy can be produced with less mass and the byproduct of the fuel source can be used in some other applications. Also provide new job opportunities for graduated with nuclear physics degree.

7. Feathery Dust

Feathery Dust Spaceman Spiff

// Morning Nexus! Bwain still hurtz a bit.
    // Did I miss anything important?
    // NOTE: I know almost nothing about nuclear power when it comes to both weaponry and power supplies.
    // Well I'm not very familiar with Nuclear Power, but I assume we're talking about weaponry because I'm a bit more familiar with that.
    // On one hand I do, so hopefully we could just tell other countries "Yo m8, we got nuclear shit, fluff off" without actually having to use it.
    // But thinking about it these things are ridiculously dangerous as weapons, heck they manage to sneak in one bomb and Israel is fucked.
    // BUT if it's for things such as power supplies, than it'd still be dangerous, I've read about all sorts of bad things that happened because of those.
    // Even if it has good things to it, using anything as dangerous as nuclear power around countries who want us dead isn't a good idea, because explosions.
    // So overall: Nope.

8. gonzogonz

// we didn't think of the job-opportunity part, that's actually a really good argument for nuclear power!

// now i want someone to play the Devil's avocado advocate and come up with counter arguments to this![DOUBLEPOST=1416823716][/DOUBLEPOST]
    // its about nuclear power, but your point is fair, though if i told you (hypothetically) we had a design for a reactor that is 100% stable and if it WERE (somehow) to have problems it would safely shut itself down without trouble. what then?
    // and its ok that you're not 100% sure about what you say, you can be our control!

Feathery Dust likes this.
  9. SCN-3_<NULL>

//there was a huge debate on Malaysia investing on nuclear power back in 2012 and it is still haven't been concluded yet that's what I've heard

10. gonzogonz

// if its not concluded, then what are the arguments against nuclear power and what are the arguments in favor?

11. 0deneb0

Yes. However, I want a system in place to deal with the nuclear waste before the reactors are even built. If my county is getting nuclear power, I want the infrastructure to also safely deal with the waste first. The US has had close calls before. We don't need a nuclear meltdown added to the list of shit we need to fix.

12. Feathery Dust

// Well if it's 100% safe in all possible ways then I'd say sure, it literally couldn't do any harm.
    // Eeyup.. I feel so dumb trying to express my opinion on something I know nothing about >.<

13. gonzogonz

// hmm, very good points. do you have any ideas to deal with the waste?[DOUBLEPOST=1416824084][/DOUBLEPOST]
    // what if there is a small chance of meltdown?

14. SCN-3_<NULL>

//we against because Malaysia had signed the anti nuclear treaty which stated we will not acquire and use any form of nuclear sources, of course here is also a major trade center so we have been keeping on eye for any radioactive material being shipped.
    //there's also the more ridiculous argument where the people keep on complaining on radioactive mutation, they dont know the systems have been implemented to prevent it

15. 0deneb0

No. And that's the problem. How do you deal with something that literally lasts for hundreds, if not thousands of years. Currently, one of the ways the US deals with nuclear waste, is we dump it in a salt cavern. Most, if not all of the ways of dealing with nuclear waste involve moving it somewhere safe. We can't really get rid of that. If and when we figure out a permanent solution, then things get mush easier. Until then, you have to ask: is it worth the risk of a nuclear spill.

16. Feathery Dust

// Well as I said, as long as there's a 100% chance I'd agree. If not, then no.
    // .. but I think my opinion is invalid, I know nothing on the subject and I'm just basing my opinion on assumptions.
    // also my bwain still hurtz a bit

17. gonzogonz

// huh. sounds a bit too political... which party(s) is for and which party(s) against nuclear power?[DOUBLEPOST=1416824637][/DOUBLEPOST]
    // no no, its fine you feel uninformed! say there is a 0.5% chance of a meltdown every year, then what would the reactor need for it, in your opinion, to be acceptable?

18. Feathery Dust

// Well if you say so, I just feel bad for the possibility of my opinion affecting your project badly..
    // In my personal opinion, as long as there's a chance of meltdown at all, I'd avoid it like the plague.

19. gonzogonz

// this is just for the opinions of different people, and since you have the opposite opinion of us, so you are very interesting as to why you have that opinion.

20. SCN-3_<NULL>

//yes it is political, but the party that signed the agreement also the one investing on nuclear power, irony isnt it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.