OOC Avali Nexus OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

I'll try to keep it going, at least the side I'm leading. I can't make any promises for the other group.

2. Timtimthe2nd

Timtimthe2nd Big Damn Hero

My Character sheet info

Name: Wren Nightly
    Race: Human
    Home world: Pythos III (colony planet)
    History: Wren has always been sort of a problem child. Ever since a young age, he has been a bit of a trouble maker. Wren always seems to find himself in a bad situation, starting with his parent's inability to take care of him. He had to grow up on the streets, toughening up his outward appearance. He soon fell in with the wrong crowd, and was forced to flee or be taken by the republic. He soon found passage with a merchant trader by the name of Gus, soon off-world and away from everything he knew.
    Wren and Gus soon became good friends, and eventually, Wren decided to stay with Gus, making a living as a trader. Due to his discovered talent of bartering, Gus soon promoted him to partner. As the years passed by, Gus became as close to a father as Wren had ever had. Soon, though, Gus and Wren found themselves in a bit of a sticky situation; Gus was in debt to some 'shady characters', and had been for a while. Wren, who had been out collecting some more of a rare herb, that had been extremely popular with their customers, arrived at a gruesome sight. Their ship,
    The Gallona, had been ransacked by the 'Shady Characters', which Wren then found out was an alliance of some rather unscrupulous black market dealers. Wren was shocked, as he found that, not only was all of their cargo destroyed, but Gus was nowhere to be found. After seeing a trail of blood leading to the main hatch, he soon discovered a note, basically saying that Gus had been taken as "equal compensation" for some questionable items Gus had borrowed from them many years ago.
    Wren, consumed with despair, was left with only the ship, a Paltry amount of money, set aside in case of emergencies, and Gus' old revolver, a constant reminder of what Wren had lost, and what standards he had to live up to. He still, to this day, has no idea whether or not Gus is still alive, but he didn't care whether or not he was, he vowed to one day find out what had happened to Gus, and to save him if possible.

Basic Personality: Wren usually keeps to himself, wary of others, and acts tough and nonchalant. However, he is a caring individual towards those that give him reason to be. He has a funny sense of sarcasm, and often uses it. Whenever Wren is confronted about his past, he will often become defensive and temperamental. He usually looks nonchalant, but, if need be, he can become a rather intimidating figure.

Tech: Omni-Phone- It can communicate with others (with radio/some other form of communication), it can heal minor wounds, and can pick simple locks
    Ship- The Gallona
    : Basic Merchant-class vessel. No significant outward defenses, except for a Light Laser Cannon located just below the cockpit, and medium strength shields.

Last edited: May 9, 2015
    The Alonne likes this.
  3. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Approved.
    Welcome to the game!

The Alonne likes this.
  4. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Welcome to this slowly dying RP! Glad to have you here!

The Alonne likes this.
  5. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Welcome! I expect to see you visiting Davin Corporation sometime during your stay here on Abraxis. We *are* a big company here, and we'd love to employ your services. (This is OOC, you'll have to find it on yer own if you decide toX3)

6. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Interesting... He and Sirius might get along- kind of- if they ever meet.
    ...Wait...
    Shoot, I still have to make Sirius' character sheet! :eek:

7. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

Is there actually any plans for what's going to happen on Abraxis?

If not, who wants to be the first person to see Paladins roving around?

8. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Skippitybop
    ...That's not enough for a post uh
    Alright, what I meant by that is there is going to be a brief time skip for White's ship to land on Abraxis. This is so we can hopefully get everything moving again, and hopefully get some interaction between different groups going. Might as well do something to kick the RP into gear.

9. Timtimthe2nd

Well, what about my character and his ship? What happens to him?

10. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

He can arrive shortly after them on Abraxis.

11. Timtimthe2nd

okay then. Well, in the RP, Wren had already been requesting to board the ship......so, should i just delete that or what?

Edit: I changed it, so never mind

Last edited: May 10, 2015
  12. Coritus_Jones

Coritus_Jones Ketchup Robot

I'm gonna assume people can still join? Y/N?

13. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Aye, you can still join.

14. Coritus_Jones

Okay, cool. So, I've read the document with the basic stuff in it, but should I also read the IC thread as well?

15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Reading the IC thread gives a good indicator of where everyone is for when you jump in.

16. Coritus_Jones

Alrighty. should I read, like, the entire thing, or just from the last page back a few or anything like that?

Sorry about all the questions, just a little nervous/excited 'bout this.

17. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Just the most recent pages; no real need to read everything. There's a lot. The most recent ten pages should be about as much as you need, though.

18. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

What can I do for Hymnote?

19. Coritus_Jones

Character Application

Name: Carter Fairfield

Race: Human

Appearance: Black hair, brown eyes, small mustache, grimy casual clothes.

History: Carter grew up on a small colony planet called Myrgas II that next to no one has heard about. As war after war was fought above Myrgas II's atmosphere, the small planet eventually got surrounded by debris of destroyed human ships. Bits and pieces of such ships would occasionally bounce into each other and send themselves through Myrgas II's atmosphere, crashing into the towns and landscape below. This, coupled with the fact that Myrgas II got no star traders or tourists eventually lead to its society revolving around the old debris. Myrgas II's inhabitants would spend years collecting different parts and pieces to build their own ship and get off the wretched rock. Carter's dad had done just that, but as he put the finishing touches on his families hope for a better future, raiders came and attacked his family, hoping to get the ship for themselves. Carter panicked and ran inside the ship, looking for a tool to defend himself with. As he searched, he looked out the ships window to see the raiders finish off his family. Having the realization that he couldn't fight off the raiders alone, along with having no family to stay with, convinced Carter to launch the ship himself. He flew off into the stars, searching for a new home. His journeys have brought him to Agraxis. With his makeshift ship running out of power and barely holding together, he now wanders around Agraxis, hoping to get a job as a mechanic or mercenary so he can repair his ship.

Personality: Growing up on Myrgas II, Carter has learned a lot about repairing machines and piloting ships. His 5+ years of flying through space alone has made him lonely and eager to make some connections with people. He also knows how to handle himself in a fight, but is relatively inexperienced.

Ship: The Heap. Tier 1 human ship. From a distance, it looks like a floating pile of junk, so there's always a bright side. No weapons on it.

Items of value: Mechanics tools, pistol, bed, flashlight.

20. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Accepted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.