OOC Avali Nexus OOC

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Avali Nexus, Mar 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Exactly. Hence "the job nobody wants". There are many, many variables that need to be accounted for - such as not going to Plot Based Destiny Planet #14 for example. If that happens, you need to think about what to do with that.

It's not an easy job.

2. Riyley

Riyley Aquatic Astronaut

As someone who has literally just joined anything to do with the Avali I don't know much of what's going on, but as I wanted to join in as a new member of the RP I read all of the Avali wiki and the current issue with the RP so obviously none of you have ever even seen me, and I've yet to RP. I've been in many now dead RP's and work as a "GM" you could say in a few, and even though those are less than 20 people it's sometimes stressful. Anyways I just wanted to add something to this conversation since it was sort of brought up already, and maybe help find a solution through my intervention, although I may know almost nothing of what's actually going on. Otter obviously is too stressed at the moment to handle being the GM, and apparently this is the only real Avali RP, so since Otter's taking a break why not use this as an opportunity to start something new? Getting a group of people that just want to do an Avali RP together or having people experienced with the RP Otter runs create a new one doesn't sound like such a bad idea to me. If it doesn't really go anywhere, oh well at least it gives people the chance to RP in a different atmosphere without taking everything Otter worked for away and changing it of only for a little while. Otter seems to just need time to work out personal life issues which is understandable, and there's no reason to just have a single Avali RP with so many people [and I'm assuming this, I don't know how many people there actually are] instead of a few smaller ones on the sides. Again I don't know the whole issue, so maybe this idea won't work but if it has a shot at helping solve the problem it's worth posting.

3. Silverotter

Silverotter Weight of the Sky

I have decided to re-open the Nexus RP.

HALLELUJAH.

All characters, plotlines, and ideas are still valid. The universe will pick up where it last left off. Cheeky IC self-awareness of the postponing will not be tolerated.

4. TheTrueUmbrakiin

TheTrueUmbrakiin Giant Laser Beams

Say, what are we going to do about gonz's alleged leaving of the RP? He's the guy with the ship, among other things...

5. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

We have a lot of planning ahead of us.

*Rolls up sleeves*

6. Silverotter

Ah shit. Can anyone get a hold of him?

7. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

Gonzo was quite literally online as of 35 Minutes ago if it helps. It shows he does visit (or at least has visited this once), so there's some hope. If not, we'll have to do something drastic I fear.

8. Silverotter

It appears the RP has gotten too stale and most of the original players are no longer interested in it. A reboot is being discussed on the Avali Nexus forum's main thread, which is unfortunately not available to those without an account.

9. The Alonne

The Alonne Ketchup Robot

Idk if I'll even come back. I'm currently working on a novel, a game, being a staff member on a server, and doing stuff IRL. So, the answer to me coming back is a maybe.

10. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

11. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

Hey guys.
    It's been a while.

12. Silverotter

Please excuse the mess, we're refactoring the universe.

13. Ippikos

Ippikos Star Wrangler

So in other words, work is continuing?

14. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

Yep.

15. bayley

bayley Cosmic Narwhal

I noticed.

16. saharmali

saharmali Void-Bound Voyager

Because the rules mandate it.
    [​IMG]

17. Silverotter

What the- what are you doing? What rules? What?

18. Dunto

Dunto Guest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.