Avali Nexus 16.9: Sweet 16.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Avali Nexus, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

// and how old was it you were? i don't think i ever got it.

2. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

A few minutes pass, and his eyes flutter open. Smallpaw groans quietly, letting out a low "Ow." He sat there for a little bit, before trying to move his left arm. There was a popping sound, like someone cracking their neck, and his arm was back to "normal". At least, as normal as it could be at this point. H sat up, and looked at his arm. It had happened so fast. Smallpaw opened and closed his hand, wiggling his fingers. "...This is not going to be fun times ahead..."

3. No, I mean you are constantly using a DNS all the time, to, y'know, access the internet. If you weren't contacting a DNS you wouldn't be able to resolve domain names (for instance "www.community.playstarbound.com" is a domain name. When you establish a connection you contact a DNS server somewhere on the internet to resolve this into the IP address of the machine where the actual website is hosted).

I suspect you are getting DNS confused with something else like a proxy service. In the case of the DNS that bee mentioned, it's actually what's called a smart DNS which resolves names via a proxy service. Because smart DNS do not encrypt the connection they do not affect your connection speed unlike a VPN service would (since the smart DNS does not actually change your outward facing IP).

4. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

//it's been some time, I remember I was using google's DNS, but somehow after I switched ISP it's acting funny with custom DNS settings.

5. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

Oh, I'm not older than Coro by much. My exact age I'll keep to myself.

In cat years, I'm probably about 2 or 3.

Marcorri, Corosar and gonzogonz like this.
  6. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

So you're between 14 and 21?
    ...Doesn't that make you younger than Coro?

dtanotrew and gonzogonz like this.
  7. Legotank1110

Legotank1110 Pangalactic Porcupine

// Morning Nexus!
    // Ooops, I probably posted this when you were asleep.... But I finished it a while back... I'm "technically" an Eagle scout, I'm just waiting for the paperwork to come back. I believe it goes to a national committee.....
    // Here's the link to the original post: http://community.playstarbound.com/...luffified-zodiacs.86219/page-372#post-2314660

8. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

That's my MENTAL age!
    I was never good at math.
    3 to 4, then.

Corosar and gonzogonz like this.
  9. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

21 to 28.
    And given how you said you weren't much older than Coro, I can narrow that down to 24-25.

10. Jerecho

Jerecho Void-Bound Voyager

Goodmorning goofs.
    If you're wary about paypal I've heard good things about google wallet.

Rukii likes this.
  11. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

//still on the paper work part? It's been like a month or two by now.

12. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

// "a while back" *the post is on thread 12*

13. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

paperwork is hell.
    A few threads in the past isn't that much here.
    ALSO GUYS what should next thread name be

14. Codename Rune

Codename Rune Subatomic Cosmonaut

// *salutes* Officer on deck.

15. Legotank1110

Legotank1110 Pangalactic Porcupine

// All the paperwork I did is done, I've done my Eagle scout board of review. Which is the final thing you do before "becoming" and Eagle scout. Then they send the paper work out to the national board to be approved. You have to wait for something to come back from the national board. So quite literally, I just sit back and wait for something to come back. I don't have my Eagle Court of Honor for several months..... My parents will combine it with my graduation..... yay.
    // ya.....
    // welp, off to school..... everyone have a good day/night!

// Timezones.....

16. Jerecho

Afternoon officer.

17. Codename Rune

// How are you doing bud? It's around 6 AM over at your place right ? (-8 hours)

18. dtanotrew

dtanotrew Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Goodmorning everyone!

19. Jerecho

About 7:30 right now. I think I got whatever you had yesterday. UghUgh, I just feel kinda out of it right now. This'll be a fun day.

20. Codename Rune

// I had migraine yesterday. Chronic, sadly. If it's 7 AM now you will be in school soon?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.