Avali Nexus 16.9: Sweet 16.

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by Avali Nexus, Jan 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corosar

Corosar Scruffy Nerf-Herder

*she sighed worriedly for smallpaw but she was happy he was just doing okay*
    just five.... working on a sixth so that i can cuddle with celireks unhindered

*she sighes a bit*

*she nodded and smiled*

i would be very happy to get your some food also this mist like effect is because of the fact that this is .... not actually my body... i am casting a projection of my soul to this location which makes me appear like this.... the real me looks much more solid and less ominous.

//why do i feel like one of the oldest people here >.<
    //i am 23 turning 24 in July
    //what..... the.... m....maybe streak missiles?
    //daw he ish so cute.... he just wants some orange juice
    //never had issues with it other than it takes a fucking long time to transfer funds into

//also... sorry for not being here today.... needed to really deal with stuff...

2. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

That's it guys
    i's official

Ruk is ascending the planes of existence and will soon stop being a physical thing to us

We will miss you you shameless ball o' fluff ;_;7

Corosar and Rukii like this.
  3. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

//satisfiying

4. Paypal don't really freeze accounts. I've had one for years and it's fine. I think there are alternatives but not necessarily any better or worse to my knowledge.

The only reason paypal freezes cash is if they suspect a transaction is fraudulent or the account is being used for money laundering etc. - unless you're buying suspicious things or from suspicious people you're fine (or, y'know, if you actually are money laundering but I'm going to assume you're not). I also think freezing only applies to paypal funds (i.e money you've transferred into your account), so it's a non-issue if you are using an instant method (for example, I have a credit debit card linked to paypal so I use it for all my online transactions like steam. Because it's credit debit the funds are transferred instantly, unlike debit where I have to transfer the funds to paypal first which takes days for the bank to verify).

I think the only other time paypal freezes funds is if the account is found to belong to somebody under 18 (it's against their ToS to have an account if you are) in which case they freeze the funds in the account until the holder turns 18. This is very unlikely though, I mean I've had a paypal account since I was 13 and it never happened to me (and I'm 19 now so...)

The only non-paypal like alternative I could think of is bitcoin, which seems like more trouble than it's worth. Setting up a digital wallet and such, not to mention that if you want to convert BTC to real money I'm pretty sure it needs to be done through something like paypal anyways (like through a third party service that sends money to a paypal account, not sure many would do it direct to bank or actual cash) - not to mention the wildly fluctuating value of bitcoin with respect to physical currency.

Rukii likes this.
  5. Nexeron

Nexeron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

It depends. When something looks suspicious, they automatically lock its for some time. happened for me once but besides that, I had no problems with paypal

Rukii likes this.
  6. gonzogonz

gonzogonz Phantasmal Quasar

// caught you buying drugs with paypal? :p

Intrebute likes this.
  7. Nexeron

Nexeron Scruffy Nerf-Herder

No I wanted to donate to humblebundle but then Paypal wanted me to prove that its my account by sending a code on my phone. But it was a old number I haven't anymore so I canceled it, logged into my paypal and changed my number. and tried it again. Paypal saw this as a suspicious action though and yeah, 6 months freeze

8. joeyThomas

joeyThomas Void-Bound Voyager

*stands up holding power armor*

I'll get the food, do you know what she wants?

*walks over to the kitchen door*

9. SCN-3_<NULL>

//well this is poop, I just saw on my subscription box that the AVGN Movie is finally available on youtube, but when I click on it it says "not available on my poopy country"
    //I have this country so much..............

10. VPNs are a thing.

11. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Dude.
    Change your DNS settings.
    Or use VPNs.
    Or use proxies.

It's really not that hard to avoid censorship.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  12. SCN-3_<NULL>

//beh, my isp cant support anyother other DNS setting, tried once my internet on my pc is fucked up for a week,

13. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

Then use VPNs, or Tor Browser.
    There's always a way.

Rukii likes this.
  14. SCN-3_<NULL>

//bleh my internet is already pretty slow when compared to most of you, using VPN or proxy just slows it to 1995 pace, Malaysian 1995 internet pace(slower than 1990 US internet pace)

15. I don't think it's possible for your ISP to prevent you from changing your DNS?

Your router shouldn't override the DNS settings for individual devices, so as long as you set your own DNS and aren't fetching it via DHCP (which will probably get your routers settings). In any case you should be able to change it on your router too, unless you are using an ISP provided router where they locked down your firmware.

I'm pretty sure DNS hijacking can only affect N:rofl:OMAIN responses (i.e names not recognised by your actual DNS)

16. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

G'morning thread

17. SCN-3_<NULL>

//well eversince I switch ISP to another company whenever I used a DNS it somehow refuse to connect to the modem.[DOUBLEPOST=1422362529][/DOUBLEPOST]//and I not sure which update was it, but my mobile's chrome browser keeps fucking up on inputing text

Last edited: Jan 27, 2015
  18. that doesn't make sense - you're always using a DNS?

19. Quilavabom

Quilavabom Oxygen Tank

23?

Pfffffffft.

Coro pls.

I am real oldest person. Unless Calabrese shows up again. Then he will die. There can be only one

20. SCN-3_<NULL>

//was, just to bypass access to pirate bay, but since my current ISP doesnt block it, I stop using it for a while.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.