Avali Clan Thread the Third

Discussion in 'Hangout Threads' started by RyuujinZERO, Jun 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

yes
    tonight it shall become a were-thread, and eat newly born threads, snuffing out their light and adding to the post count in here
    or some shit

RTBot, Icebelly and Intrebute like this.
  2. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

I am okay with this.

...I guess.

Icebelly likes this.
  3. MrMadmanx2

MrMadmanx2 Cosmic Narwhal

aside form today. I am fine... more or less. heavy hearted if anything now.

4. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

So, anyone want to come and join me on the server?

5. MrMadmanx2

I don't know

6. Zeal Wyman

Zeal Wyman Void-Bound Voyager

I swear to god, it's something about full moons that just... muck people up, and I never understand how that happens. T-T

7. Battle Bee

Battle Bee Heliosphere

I don't know either, I was rather cheerful today.
    (Also, your post is no. 2056668.)

8. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

NO! You get back here!
    Don't you dare put yourself down! nor should you destroy yourself because your a 'bad person'
    Everything can be forgiven! This may be late but who cares! I'm not standing around and watching someone disappear from the face of the world!

Intrebute, Zeal Wyman and Ehksidian like this.
  9. J_Mourne

J_Mourne Pangalactic Porcupine

I love full moons.

I'm more nocturnal than anything else, and when the moon's full, I tend to just walk outside and sit around looking. It puts everything in a different light when you look at it by moonlight. And everything's quiet and nobody bothers a weirdo just sitting around staring at the stars. Really makes you think, and it stretches the imagination to just try and comprehend how vast it all really is.

Quilavabom, Intrebute and Zeal Wyman like this.
  10. MrMadmanx2

I think it's too late Jet

11. Jetpack725

Jetpack725 Guest

But...! Buut.! bu-

12. Zeal Wyman

Zeal Wyman Void-Bound Voyager

Yeah... Of course, sometimes you reach thoughts that are just... really TOO deep sometimes and you kinda wish you hadn't thought of them in the first place. And then you end up feeling all srs face and melancholy.

But it's been a while since I've done that, so... maybe tonight would be a good night. Provided a bear doesn't eat me, but I doubt that would happen.

13. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

This post confuses me. Doing one thing, one single thing shouldn't mean you leave an entire group with no explanation.
    And, short of killing someone, I highly doubt you could do something so terrible it warrants self-exile.

14. vandorbelt

vandorbelt Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hey, It's been a while since I've been on, and it looks like you guys have gone through a whole 600 page thread in my absence.
    Shame on you.
    ...meh, it was inevitable. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here would be willing to draw up a full body front- and side-profile images for a secret project I'm working on. If possible, the image needs to leave out any superficial details so that the image only contains the basic avali body geometry. Also, because I'm a big fan of shapes, if you are an artist that likes to use guide-lines and circles and such when drawing, if you could leave a faint trace of your guides that would be great as well.
    Jusyremember, this is a secret project.
    ARTISTS GO!

Edit: Also, It would be extremely useful if the proportions were equal as well. For science. You monster.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  15. Ehksidian

Ehksidian Spaceman Spiff

ftfy

16. Intrebute

Intrebute Pangalactic Porcupine

Alright, in an attempt to lighten the mood, I have finished arts!
    Arts that have been slightly scienced! Which just means I tried something new.
    partyfinal.png

So what I scienced on this one is trying to remove all black outlines. I'm not sure if I really like it, but it does have some nice points.
    Here's the black-lined one for comparison
    partyblackline.png
    So, about those 'nice points'
    For one, coloring the lines gives me more space to put in more information. It lets me add a sort of "z-order", which I couldn't have if all lines were black everything would just merge into this ugly blob, at least in the most extreme of cases.
    Example of the "z-order" thing:

zorder1.png zorder2.png

In the colored lines version, you can clearly see that the green color stripe goes under the ear, and doesn't just stop at the ear.

And plus! It looks marshmallow soft! :rofl:

omgnekkid.png

:party:

EDIT: I believe I may have chosen a bad time to post this.

Oh well!

Last edited: Jun 14, 2014
  17. Surge

Surge Phantasmal Quasar

much as I'd like to volunteer what with my questionable anatomy and overuse of shapes, I CAN'T DO ANYTHING RIGHT NOW

18. Myifee

Myifee Guest

@Intrebute is honestly best for that. I draw straight from my mind, and barely use any shaping.

I prefer to change and erase as I go.

Though these guys would be quick to tell you i'm a good artist, or moderately good for the critics here, I simply cannot see my art as good. Does make me want to improve on it, but it's hard to want to help with projects like these because I place the bar higher than what I need to.

19. Marxon

Marxon Supernova

Well, that was a fun server party, right until it crashed twice and my migraines came back.

20. SCN-3_<NULL>

SCN-3_<NULL> Pangalactic Porcupine

aw I missed a party......if any one still in there I'll force myself awake, right now maybe a few more minutes(hours) of sleep time.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.