August 8th - Mission to the Moon!

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Aug 9, 2014.

1. jamstronaut

jamstronaut Poptop Tamer

Thanks man, and I went to nightly for a while, it's very high maintanence just to progress, but as long as you back up your universe and player you won't lose a thing.

Hey, go to your steam library right click starboard and click properties. In the screen that that pops up click the tab at the top that says "local files". Then click browse local files. Now in the file folder find the "universe" and "player" folder.make copies of these on your desktop. Then delete your starbound.config file that was in the same place you found player and universe. After this go back to steam and before the game updates you will be able to choose the "nightly build" option where you couldn't before. Choose it and let it update/download again.

Sorry for spelling all of this out so much but I wish I somethinglike his when I was having trouble. Good luck I hope it helps.

Also, making those copies was just to make sure you don't lose anything, when you want to switch back to stable, delete the player and universe in the steam files again, and move the originals that you moved to your desktop back into the steam file folder.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  2. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Sounds like a great idea!

3. AsmodeanMage

AsmodeanMage Void-Bound Voyager

You are the first and, unfortunately the only only, development team creating a game in beta that actually pulled through the spam and rage and found what we (the community) needed, now you are all working diligently and keeping in constant contact via the forums and these lovely posts.

Thank you all so much

jamstronaut, Mackerel II and Kawa like this.
  4. darrell0505

darrell0505 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Not. Even.

ToastMacbread likes this.
  5. Jbeetle

Jbeetle Oxygen Tank

Not. Odd.

jamstronaut likes this.
  6. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

So... NaN?

Jbeetle likes this.
  7. BloodyFingers

BloodyFingers The End of Time

Javascript ahoy!

Sorry, slow day at work...

8. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

I found a bug with the nightlies: the outpost doesnt actually exist. When you use the gate to teleport to it, its just empty space, and you fall for a minute or two before dying of fall damage.

EDIT: Same thing with asteroid fields.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  9. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

can somebody just tell me when is the exact release date for the novakid update please mostly all of us have been waiting :mad:

10. thunderskull833

nightlies dont work for me

guys tell me why i keep getting stuck with lame enraged koala (aka update 8) also i play starbound on steam

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2014
  11. Prop

Prop Subatomic Cosmonaut

Right click Starbound in the list of games, bring up properties. Go to the Betas tab, click the drop-down menu, and select nightlies. Theres a bunch of stuff that can make it work but also sometimes not.

Basically, delete your:
    Starbound.config
    Player folder
    Universe folder
    Any mods you have.

12. Sheisey

Sheisey Void-Bound Voyager

Spawn beacons, single block in a stack selection, better healing method for higher levels, hotkey for sending items to the trash, etc. Any chance of any of this stuff coming soon? :p Loving all the updates you guys release, but some of this stuff is a pain in the ass to deal with haha. :lickitung:

Kawa and chubchubrecon like this.
  13. thunderskull833

yeah i know how to do nightly builds its like this i select a one of my 2 nightly builds select then when click play it says update availible even without nightly builds that weird update thing doesnt download at all

jamstronaut likes this.