August 6th - Progression Progress

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by metadept, Aug 6, 2014.

1. thunderskull833

thunderskull833 Orbital Explorer

have you guys noticed that all of the races are on the that big thing but one head is missing maybe there possibly going to add another race?

Jonesy likes this.
  2. MithranArkanere

MithranArkanere Space Kumquat

Will we be able to make a portable gate to get to that outpost from our ship?

3. XENOXES

XENOXES Subatomic Cosmonaut

Will this be on the Nightly build tonight? I'm really eager to see what's on the other side!

4. Jonesy

Jonesy Sarif's Attack Kangaroo Forum Moderator

Yeah, I noticed that too. If nothing else, they're leaving their options open.

TeepoDarkwing likes this.
  5. maga

maga Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I suggested those- at the end of the game, you would find a signal to a portal leading to another universe, where the precursors escaped to- the precursors who uplifted the Avians and built the Glitch.

Hatsya Souji likes this.
  6. dillon

dillon Void-Bound Voyager

was kind of expecting tentacles to grab her and pull her in

maybe the protagonist ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2014
  7. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

I believe it's supposed to be the race that created the Glitch. I doubt a new race will be added.
    The race that created the Glitch are supposed by all mysterious and unknown, perhaps it's just to add some lore/suspicion.

EDIT: I forgot, that race also uplifted the Avians.

8. sρooκs

sρooκs Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Will there be an animation other than teleporting to your ship? Misleading as-is.

9. Jonesy

The protagonist? The protagonist is already one of the existing races.

Also, merged your double-post.

Cloudhopper likes this.
  10. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Nobody knows.....
    It's either the precusor race, a antagonist race struck from the record books for wrong doing or simply a placeholder for an 8th playable race not yet decided to give symmetry to the gate design.

The thing about a precursor race is that they prob wouldn't be at the bottom of the gate beneath the races they created or directed. The clear design of the gate is the eyed tentacle beasties that seem to be a theme in the game.
    An antagonist race seems plausible depending on how far they want to push the antagonist organisation of the MiniKnog.
    The chances of an 8th playable race seems to be the most practical at this stage.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2014
  11. Cloudhopper

Cloudhopper Weight of the Sky

How is the MiniKnog a protagonist organization?

...or am I reading this wrong?

12. Jonesy

I'd say the MiniKnog are antagonists, all things considered.

Titanium and Cloudhopper like this.
  13. THE_____

THE_____ Phantasmal Quasar

I don't know whether to feel surprised or flattered that my post got more likes than the actual news post.

14. Titanium

Titanium Existential Complex

Can someone explain why they call themselves that?

15. Starboundbyboundedstars

Starboundbyboundedstars Void-Bound Voyager

The gate needs to have its own teleportation animation. This isnt a simple short-range teleportation. This is a full-scale dimension change. It should not look the same.

16. Jonesy

It's a 1984 reference, like many things Apex. In the book, for example, the Ministry of Truth (responsible for manipulating information, ironically) is shortened to MiniTrue. Same goes for the Ministry of Love (MiniLuv, responsible for law enforcement), Ministry of Peace (MiniPax, responsible for war) and Ministry of Plenty (MiniPlenty, responsible for controlling resources).

So the MiniKnog could be something akin to the Ministry of Knowledge, which would in turn be about suppressing knowledge (or, at the very least, controlling who has it).

17. Namiwakiru

Namiwakiru Black Hole Surfer

Nope you are right, I meant antogonist. Changed

I got a mean flu atm, surprised my brain works at all lol

18. TheLoneGamer

TheLoneGamer Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Calling it now, the 8th race could be the Agaran, especially given how they are rather mysterious.

19. THE_____

THE_____ Phantasmal Quasar

If it were the Agarans then the indentation would have a mushroom as well as the head.

20. Entomoligist

Entomoligist Big Damn Hero

Hmm, if it was an 8th race, I vote Crystal people.