August 5th - Mission Prototyping

Discussion in 'Dev Blog' started by Armagon, Aug 6, 2014.

1. Morsus98

Morsus98 Industrial Terraformer

I'm still nervous after Tiy stated that the current stable alpha build could be sold as a complete product, so I guess I'm getting a little paranoid. 1.0 should be a complete product however, and content after that shouldn't need to be added to make the game feel complete.

Madzai and Hazmat like this.
  2. grizzly4427

grizzly4427 Aquatic Astronaut

If I'm in a party with other people and i accept a quest, will that quest be shared throughout the whole party?

3. Disco2

Disco2 Existential Complex

Sounds awesome, keep up the work!

4. Mogg

Mogg Pangalactic Porcupine

Let me see if I am understanding. These missions will be set in a specific order. Meaning no random missions to take just for the sake of having an objective?
    What would be nice is something a little more complex than, --I accept mission, I do the single task, I finish mission--. As a space trader and relic hunter, swindling people out of goods, selling fakes and blackmailing is all part of the thrill. This means falling in line with having missions with multiple ways to complete them. Which dealer do I sell this doohickey to since two want it really dearly? Should I try and up the price they will pay? Shall I make a forgery and sell it to both? Can I just keep it and still complete the mission (the doohickey being the mission reward).
    What of bribes? I'm not handing over my pixels... but I have this worthless trinket that this NPC might fancy in its place.
    Can I lie and cheat my through a mission completion? Yes I killed that big ass thing. Proof? You can find it at that planet but I'm a busy man. Pay up or that corpse wont be your biggest concern.
    This guy has information or an item but wont talk. Do they have it on their person, or in their home, or stashed away some secret place? Maybe they need to be bribed or beaten up.
    Bounty on your head? Better look to getting help, but who would help out and what will they want for it? Multiple contacts would be great here.
    Need to deliver something. May get ambushed, but this deal could just be a set up for the receiver or the carrier (or both). Unscrupulous enough, just abscond with it.

If you are going to add missions, I do hope they have flair.

And for multiplayer (or groups), missions could have requirements to have support. The mission provider would not deal with a solo person.

BrakSampson likes this.